DWTS All Stars - Week 1 - 9/24

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Fridge_Break, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Kelly manages to be very sexy while still coming across as a little insecure and eager to please without any sense of diva.

ETA: GH isn't cancelled, it was the only ABC soap to survive and moved to the 2:00 time slot. Lots of GH actors in the stands including "Luke" of Luke and Laura.

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

ah, i thought all the soaps were canceled, not sure why

3. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

I love Kirsty's dress.. and she has beautiful hair too.. I like her..

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Genie Francis is on CBS now so Indon't think they'd let her do that. Nancy Lee Grahn was next to Tony Geary.

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

her dress screams formal night at the ren faire to me

pixie cut and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Emmitt and Cheryl dancing to Chain, Chain, Chain. Love it!

7. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Does Kirstie think kissing Tom on the lips was some sort of reward for Tom? I suspect his wife of 30 years and his two daughters might disagree.

8. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Aggghhhh. Too many favorites. Can't choose.

I was a huge Emmitt fan in his season because I thought he was the rare athlete who had a performance sense to go with his body awareness. But next to Apolo, Gilles, Helio....who can pick?

I do think a guy will win this. It's just easier to be the guy. But I really liked Kelly...and the dark-haired woman with the great extension whose name I can't even remember.

9. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

Double post

10. KikiSashaFan

I thought Gilles was dancing with Lacey at first. Damn her and Peta look alike.

11. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Maybe -15 lbs and -2 boob sizes ago did Lacy look sort of like Peta :shuffle:

12. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Without reading the thread...Pam is my vote to go (sorry, Tristan) as she was just dull and boring, though Kelly was meh, too, and really vague arms. Maybe Helio as a surprise elimination as he was kind of forgettable and meh.

Right now, I'm thinking it's between Sabrina (lowball! lowball!) and Gilles. Sabrina was just ON and Gilles was accurate and hot. Biggest overscore was Shawn, as it was kind of a crap foxtrot, though that was partially because they got the most inappropriate music of the night.

Bristol was most improved (better overall than Pam, better than Kelly because thoughtful arms are at least better than sloppy), Joey and Emmett were kind of the biggest loss of talent (I'm going la la la and hoping Kirstie just had an off night), and the one who surprised me by not being as exciting as I'd want is Apolo. I was expecting to like him best but I am switching my loyalty to Gilles. HE was both talented and smokin'. However I could also root for Sabrina because WOW! Louis did some work there.

13. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Wheeeee, great start to the season!!!

Bristol was respectable I thought, she looks amazing, not just thinner, but her skin is radiant and I think she got a nose job. She actually danced better than Kirstie and Pam. Pam just made me sad, all that sex appeal and potential but she didn't practice because she was partying in Europe (the I&K of DWTS?). Kelly improved so much and really stood out. I was PML at how Val is clearly into her. Gonna throw them all my votes cause they're the most vulnerable of my faves (I've only ever voted for JR & Karina).

Sabrina... I'll try to give her a chance. She did some things well, but her turns were so off balance I thought she would fall every time. I was :rofl: at the "hammer" comment.

Melissa was luminous... best of the women, but I didn't love the choreo. I loved Shawn, and I was like "great cha cha!" til I realized it was foxtrot. :eek: The technique and speed are there, but what a crappy song. Once Derek really unleashes, they'll be great.

The men of course were much stronger. Helio and Gilles were fab. Joey was out of it. Drew was ok, but I couldn't stand his smug attitude. I hated Emmit when he beat Mario, but I was trying to be open-minded, and you know, he was very good and I enjoyed. But oh nooooo. They had to say he was the best of the night and not give him a single negative comment when they nitpicked Apolo's near flawless, extremely fast and difficult routine. :rolleyes: THAT'S why I freaking couldn't stand Emmit in S3. And can Cheryl please not be nude, thanks. Cheryl is always overscored. Drew will see a huge difference now that he's with Anna. :p

14. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Emmit --wow. But I'd be happy to never see a guy in a pair of green sparkly shoes again.

15. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Emmit is like that guy at the wedding that everyone wants to dance with - not because he's the best dancer but because you know you'll have fun.

16. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

That's exactly how I've always seen Emmit. He's your uncle that is at your wedding and you tease him but he's actually got moves! Very very fun to watch, but the judges shouldn't be hyping him as the best dancer, at least not without giving some very technical reasons.

17. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

It's the self-confidence that comes with having been one of the very best at America's toughest, most popular game. The funny thing, as a diehard Redskins and used-to-be-Eagles fan, I loathe the Cowboys. But it's impossible for me to loathe Emmitt, he's just cool.

Melissa is the one I thought was the best of the women, actually.

18. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Actually, I thnk she had something done to her chin. I read something somewhere. Whether or not we like her mother, or her (for that matter) she is pretty.

Pam looked drugged. She seemed incoherent. She should go, she just looks trashy.

That made me smile.

Yeah, they were victims of the music. though Derek could have toned it down a bit. But, choreography was their problem, not ability.

19. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Gilles can really dance.
    I could watch him all night.
    I hope he doesn't get caught in a "popularity vote" again.

rfisher, do we know who declined?

The scores were lower last night than I expected.

20. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I was splitting my time last night between DWTS and The Voice. I just went back and watched all the performances again. The men this season are definitely stronger. Pam should be the first one off (bummer for Tristan since I like him)

21. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I really hope not. He was great! Sabrina, too--I don't see any huge balance problems. Shawn might improve when she's given music that vaguely resembles what she's supposed to be dancing (she looked awkward to my eye, but again, on what planet was that a foxtrot?) Though that's only a BIT of an excuse-I hope when they do draw music that suits the style, Derek doesn't get too creative.

I'm not getting the Kelly love. Blah arms, only okay legs, about all she's got going for her is she's tiny with big...you know.

Glad someone else said it, Pam looked "impaired." It was kind of sad to watch.

22. Nan

Nan Just me

Too many people I love and want to win at this point. I may be able to pick a "favorite" half-way through.

23. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

That I haven't seen, just that they asked a number of other people and they declined due to time committments. They have to give up 10 weeks to do the show.

24. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I missed Joey/Kym. Really liked Gilles/Peta and Emmitt/Cheryl. Melissa was my favorite lady. Kelly was way better than in her season, but I still am not a fan.

Right, and I think she looked better than Pam actually.

Pam cracks me up, but she has never gotten through the dangly legs. I would rather have seen:
    Mel B
    Kristi Yamaguchi
    Nicole Scherzinger
    Mya Harrison
    Chelsea Kane
    Erin Andrews
    Kathryn Jenkins (probably not ready to do it again so soon)
    Ricki Lake
    Maria Menounos
    Brooke Burke
    Stacey Keibler (reportedly turned it down?)
    Laila Ali
    or Kelly Osborne

Did JR Martinez turn it down?

25. Spiralgraph

Spiralgraph Active Member

I think the score were lower because it was the first show and there are nine more weeks to go. Can't start off with practically everyone getting very high scores. The judges and TPTB want to see progress. (and the audience too)

Pamela looked drugged is right. She should go.

And I agree about Sabrina, she's all attack and little subtlety in her dancing. Maybe Louis can calm her down a bit.

Oh Gilles! mmmm and Apolo.... mmmmmm

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  26. Nan

Nan Just me

Yes. :) She and Tristan would have looked lovely together.

27. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

So strange -- I really have some affection for Pamela Anderson even though she simply can't turn off the coquettishness. She's still one of the very few celebrities where my initial negative reaction really turned around completely during the course of the show. Still not entirely sure why.

But she didn't look with it last night.

I think Emmitt Smith has continued to dance since the end of his season. He looks like he enjoys it more than just about anyone else, and he looked good and not at all rusty.

(Still, I'm spoiled by SYTYCD. These are oh so clearly not pro dancers.)

28. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I just think she's a train wreck. The way she was so jittery, last night, during the interview, suggested she was on something. With so many more talented and in control people, why her?

29. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Yeah, she's likable - or at least was in her season. I appreciate how she always acts the part and brings some flavor to each dance. There were brief glimpses of it last night, but the dancing was terrible. Objectively, she deserves to go, but I wouldn't mind if Kirstie went instead.

30. KikiSashaFan

I love Louis and I really, really want to like Sabrina, but she needs to dial it back about 50 notches. She's trying so hard, but it comes off fake IMO.

pixie cut and (deleted member) like this.