DWTS All-Stars: The Finale!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by danceronice, Nov 27, 2012.

1. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Go Shawn! This season, it was Shawn and Apolo all the way for me, although it's turned out that Shawn is the one who has captured me - surprising myself, because when they announced the cast, I knew I liked a lot of the celebs, but I figured it would be Apolo. And it was not just her athletic dances that really wowed me, but the more sultry ones. I actually split votes the whole way, but heavily skewed toward Shawn. And I actually feel like Derek was at least trying :lol: to not focus on himself this season. I thought he handled Shawn really well *except* for the decision to do that Quickstep last night. The hypothesis in our household was that he was going for the "we need to vote for Shawn because they got a really low score" angle. Because you know if they did that Quickstep with at least minor modifications to stay within the rules, it would have been a 30. Shawn has matured so much as a performer, love her!

I find Melissa extremely likeable, but I don't agree she's the best dancer - best physique, for sure, with flexibility gives nice lines - but stiff in a toothpicky kind of way. And I think Tony is weak in the choreo and presentation department. I won't be upset if they win, and it surely would mean as much to him as anyone, but I'm not on the "his/her turn to win" bandwagon.

So I guess I'm also technically in the anyone but Kelly club :lol: , but am really rooting for Shawn. Kelly is herky, jerky and unappealing and Val is smarmy.
  2. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Val may be georgous but he lacks Mak's charm and charisma. Let's face it, we loved Kirstie and Maks not for their dancing, but how they interacted with each other...it was great! Kelly and Val make me want to tell them to get a room and leave the rest of us alone.

Derek is heavily involved with the production of the show, isn't he? Or is that just some rumor I picked up somewhere. :p Anyway, I figure he would be aware if the viewer's votes were close enough to warrant playing to the judges. It's been his strategy all season to cater to the viewers, and judging by Shawn's popularity on sites like Youtube and Hulu vs. pretty much every other dance ever done on DWTS in any season, I'd say he's succeeded. He's smart; I don't think he would have thrown away points if he thought they might matter. He may be very self-confident and play by his own game, but he's not dumb. If he could get sub-par dancers like Jennifer or Nicole to a trophy, it should be no surprise he's had no trouble getting Shawn very, very close.

Anyway, I guess all that remains to be seen is if Melissa managed to win away enough votes to get her the win, or if Kelly's soap fans can pull off another miracle. Frankly, I don't think anyone expected either had the fan base to get them this far, so for them to outlast popular dancers like Gilies and whatnot is pretty telling. :)

Eeeeek, can't wait. For some reason I thought it started at 7pm and tuned in, only to see the Grinch on. Boo! ;)
  3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Dance Center is the best part of the finale.
  4. Spareoom

Kelly doing the jive
    Melissa doing the samba
    Shawn gets the Cha-cha

Yay! Should be fun. Glad Shawn gets a re-do at the cha-cha since she was hurt during her last one, plus it was a theme night.
  5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i love pam's onesie and boots

hey that was winnie from the wonder years
  6. Spareoom

Why couldn't have Pam done that earlier in the season?

And somewhere backstage, Gabby is tumbling. ;)
  7. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Didn't Melissa just do a samba yesterday?
  8. Spareoom

Oh my goodness, I'm such a sap...that was SO CUTE AND AWESOME AND ADORABLE.

ETA: Yeah, she did. It will be interesting to see if Tony can make it fresh.
  9. Spareoom

Joey!!! He shoulda done this dance originally. And Kirstie STILL couldn't get out of the costume fast enough.
  10. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

:rofl:

I loved the group Gangnam style dance.
  11. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Belatedly watching dance center, bwhahahahahaha, "mark is all about making his partner look good". :rofl:
    pixie cut and (deleted member) like this.
  12. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

*snort*, I just thought Tom was, as always, brilliant in saying what everyone really was thinking about Pam--"Normally to see something like that there's a two-drink minimum." (Give the man a raise. I'm sure he's paid a ton already, but he deserves a raise.)

MORE DANCE CENTER NAO PLEEZE.
  13. Spareoom

Tom is awesome...truly one of the greatest hosts of all time. He's part of the reason why DWTS is so awesome.

Loving the results episode so far. Mini-Joey and Mini-Kym were great! And Sabrina was as lovely as ever; I'm glad she did her "soft" dance because she's not as frenetic in it and it looks so nice. Plus that's a great color for her.
  14. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I want to vote Sabrina out of the finale just so they can all be SHOCKED some more!

I'll have to see who wins in the AM, I'm going to sleep - night all.
  15. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

McKayla was not not-impressed with Sabrina's encore! :p
  16. danceronice

I'm still boggling the orchestra managed to flub "Back to the Future". You'd think movie standards would be something Harold Wheeler's orchestra musicians could manage.
  17. Spareoom

Seeing Gilies' Bollywood again reminds me how much better Shawn and Derek are at Indian dances. Theirs was way more specific, but so much better!
  18. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Ahh the Sarabeth song.. it gets me every time :wuzrobbed
  19. Spareoom

Production blip, lol
  20. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

I am not dying to know what Kelly and Val are doing or not doing.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  21. my little pony

tony and missy are so cute together, like lost osmond cousins. they should join the branson christmas show.
  22. Spareoom

Kelly and Val and Brooke was the most awkward thing ever.
  23. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

Derek needs to lay off on the waterworks. It annoyed me rather than make me like him.
  24. danceronice

That was just sad. I'm not sure what I wanted more, Kelly and Val to please stop talking and let Dance Center do it for them ("they totally are") or for someone to save them by tackling Brooke.

Oh, God, Derek is crying. Please stop it. And if you wanted to win something important you should have stayed in because you could have won BLACKPOOL, you twit. (Derek was that good. It's a minor miracle Mark and Julianne never murdered him in his sleep.)

(And hey, he started a routine that looks like an actual routine, minus the nose-kisses. However, I would like it noted for the record, I want body rolls banned, and Derek is not allowed to do drops with his partners every again.)
  25. my little pony

it was super fake, she gave him back his confidence? when has he not been confident?

what in the hell was that last human centipede move?
  26. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

Did all three of the final couples get 10s across the board for the final (last minute latin) dances? I missed it. Thanks.
  27. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

No, Kelly/Val and Melissa/Tony got 9.5s.
  28. Spareoom

No, Kelly and Melissa got 9.5's across the board; only Shawn got 10's. She's still in last but she narrowed the gap a bit.
  29. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

I have really enjoyed this finale, but have been a little underwhelmed with the dancing. I would rather them have time to give us a great dance. LOve dance center and Tom's remarked. Want to like Brooke, but it's time to find a replacement.
  30. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

ok, thank you.
  31. danceronice

Kelly and Val, can you TRY to look more awkward?
  32. danceronice

OH THANK GOD.
  33. my little pony

bless us, everyone
  34. Spareoom

Best two dancers left; great winner either way!
  35. Spareoom

Someone just swore big time! HAH!
  36. Spareoom

That was great, that really was! So happy for Tony and Melissa. And just a fantastic season overall. So proud of everyone.
  37. my little pony

so excited for tony! i wonder if he will get better celebs or stay with the kate gosselins of the world from now on?
  38. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

39. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Soo happy for Tony (!!!!!!) and Melissa!!

I would've been happy with either Melissa or Shawn winning, but great to see this result and their reaction :swoon:
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  40. Spareoom

lol, Melissa was the biggest fluke of the whole show. You think he would have gotten her originally if it had been divied out as usual? He was lucky; she was lucky; I don't think the producers will start handing him better dancers just because he won. If anything, they'll be like, "you got your mirrorball; now back to work!"