DWTS: All Stars, Cast Announced

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Fridge_Break, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

So, even though I know I'm being pulled in by the gimmick, I'm still excited for this season of DwtS, lol. So many celebs that I love that I don't think I'll vote at all because I just can't choose.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Shawn back, honestly. She's in much better shape now than she was back in '08...back then she was dealing with some very normal post-competition body changes. She's gotten a handle on her new figure lately, and I've no doubt she will rock whatever costumes they give her. And she's older now, so I can see Derek being a little more bold and edgy than Mark could be back in her original season. She's still not 21 but she's over eighteen so I don't think anybody cares now. :p

And I'm so excited to see Kirstie again! And Apolo! And Giles! If they add Kyle back, my life will be complete. ;)

2. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the chapter in Hope Solo's new book talking about her experience on DWTS? Someone on Twitter posted photos of pages and if what she's saying is true, Maks is dead to me. I used to find him so hot but now all I see is ugly.

3. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Can you post a link to the twitter? I'm interested in reading it.

4. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

Some information about this here.

5. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Um...I find that somewhat far-fetched. Hard to believe ABC would let it slide, and hard to believe she'd actually stay.

6. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

It's believable to me considering he was getting very rough with her in one of the group practices that was shown, even among a crowd of other dancers. Sounds like ABC did cover themselves by asking if she wanted another partner. As for why she would want to stay, who knows, maybe she felt like it was too late to change partners and she wanted to "tough it out" and be "strong." He's always had an abusive vibe to me (emotionally, if not physically). Considering DWTS keeps inviting Chris Brown back to perform, I wouldn't really be surprised at anything they do. Kind of sad if this is true that a crappy show like Big Brother has better standards for removing violent cast members.

In other news, Gilles is already injured, but it doesn't sound serious and he's still going to dance. Also gives his first impressions on Peta.

7. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

If you read further down the article, she also accused her coach of pushing her in a team meeting, something which he vehemently denies.

8. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

VOTEGRAB!!!

:lol:

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

He and Peta won't need that to get votes!

10. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

That is going to be one hot team. :swoon:

Obviously it's hard to say whether Hope Solo's accusations about Maksim are true, but I wouldn't be completely surprised since there is a history of him getting angry either with the judges or his partners.

11. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

This...although I do remember them having a rocky relationship on the show. But I doubt they would allow him to get away with this stuff when cameras were rolling.

12. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Or that she didn't knee him in the balls and smack his head against a wall. She's hardly a delicate flower who can't take care of herself. She does have a tendency to drink, party and run her mouth when she'd be better to keep it shut.

13. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Yeah, there's a difference between yelling at someone (I'm surprised figure-skating fans find that odd, from a Russian, no less-Maks isn't a lovey-dovey hand-holding kind of teacher) and physically slapping them across the face. And as said, she's got a history of...embellishing stories to place herself in the victim role.

14. skatesindreams

I think if Maks had really done anything "questionable"; beyond what any tough, perfectionist teacher does, he would not be under contract.
    ABC wouldn't risk it, considering the potential legal consequences.

15. screech

screech Well-Known Member

From Maks' Twitter on the 16th:

16. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

ita

he seems like a tool but so does she

he's popular but i dont think the show wants a legal liability on their hands

17. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Would Hope really make up such a story just to sell some books ? Maybe Mak did "smack" her, not in a mean way but as in a "Snap Out Of It !" way like Cher did to Nic Cage in Moonstruck.

18. skatesindreams

Her "history" is full of drama - told from her perspective.
    This is just another example.

We have no way of knowing what really happened.

19. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

cast pictures

Shawn Johnson looks great. She & Derek should go far.

Peta Murgatroyd. She's scorchingly HOT. Almost made me asked, "Edyta who?"

Joey, Drew, Apolo, Emmitt - all look like they've put on some pounds.

Melissa Rycroft - all she needs is a pair of white skates to complete the outfit.

Mark Ballas - He's doing his nerdy look again. Ugh.

Pam and Tristan - I'm not sure Tristan is sexy enough for Pam, but maybe she can bring it out in hi

20. skatesindreams

That description fits her partner, also.
    Wow!

21. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Bristol and Kirstie have lost a lot of weight since the last time they were on.

Shawn has grown up. And she looks way fit.

A number of the guys have put on pounds.

I was hoping for Apolo with Chelsie and Helio with Karina.

Gilles and Peta for the Win!

22. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Almost made me think "Gilles who?"

I wouldn't worry about Apolo, with Karina Smirnoff wielding the whip.

This is the first time he doesn't have a partner who could be his (great) Aunt, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy look :smokin: together.

23. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Shawn has Derek?!?!? :eek: They're going to be hard to beat. You heard it here first. There are too many couples I want to root for!!

24. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I think Shawn & Derek and Peta & Giles will be the couple to beat. The bottom two will be Kelly Monaco & Val and Bristol & Mark. Everyone else will be fighting for the middle of the pack.

Kelly Monaco will stink at dancing but will there be a big soap opera audience to keep her around? It'll suck for the first couple kicked off. I just hope it's Bristol and Mark, although I do like Mark ...when he isn't over-dancing his partner.

Two classic peformances from Apolo & Julianne:
    Samba. Star-making performance from Julianne here.

Cha Cha Cha.

25. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Kelly won because of vote the worst plus her soap base. Shouldn't happen again.

Don't mind if Kirstie sticks around a while.

26. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

Thanks for posting these. I'd forgotten how :smokin: he was! :D

27. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I think Kelly also did well because although she's a very pretty woman, she didn't come across as a diva. She wasn't very good when she started, but she got better each time and you could see that she seemed genuinely excited to be making progress. But I do think there are a lot of people in this group who are equally appealing and better dancers.

28. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Definitely. I wasn't her biggest fan on season 1, but I love her facial expression in that photo and how he is looking at her. IMO, it was by far the hottest picture.

29. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

ITA. I liked Kelly and Alec a lot. I wouldn't say it was all the soap fan base, since Susan Lucci didn't make it nearly as far. The judges were brutal on Kelly in the first weeks, but she took it without any whining and really did improve. She also scored points for doing the samba with one strap of her dress popped off! I think the soap fanbase probably saved her in the early weeks, but her and Alec's good looks, chemistry, and much more upbeat choreography helped them win. Their rivals John & Charlotte had a much more traditional ballroom style that doesn't appeal to everyone. I hope Kelly and Pam Anderson stick around a while. I would love to see Kirstie and Emmit out first, but that won't happen. I expect Bristol to stay around a lot longer than expected or desired.

30. Marlowe

Marlowe Well-Known Member

Bristol? BRISTOL? Seriously?