DWTS: All Stars, Cast Announced

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Fridge_Break, Jul 27, 2012.

1. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

Woohoooo...love the men on this list! (especially Apolo and Giles) :swoon:

2. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

There's no way Kyle will win--Sabrina's been lugging that "wuzrobbed" long enough.

My "wtf?" is Kelly Monaco. Um, why? (I could live without Pam Anderson, too.)

Really, though, too many winners. I hope they DO have a thing where no one can dance with their old partner, if that's feasible.

3. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Seriously, Palin? All Star of what?

4. danceronice

At least she learned how to dance, not do tricks like a lot of them. But she'll probably not end up with Mark...really, I hope they make EVERYONE change partners.

And my vote for first off is Kelly Monaco. #1 on the list of people no one wanted to see again. (Okay, possibly behind Cloris because some of us are STILL bleaching our brains from that one...)

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

So happy with this cast!!! Especially Apolo, Gilles, Drew and Kirstie. Can't wait to watch.

6. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

No Evan? Does that mean he's actually going to skate this season?

7. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Evan is retired.

From Dancing.

8. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I think they added Bristol because someone has to be voted out first. :p That's my theory...I can't imagine her staying very long with SO many legitimate fan favorites who can dance circles around her. I mean, Kristie, Giles, Shawn, Apolo...oh goodness, this is going to be FUN.

9. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I really hope they don't get the same pros as last time. It wouldn't be fair for people like Cheryl's former partners - not fair if say Drew gets her, but Cheryl and Emmitt don't. Drew would have the advantage going in, because of the familiarity. I hope they do a somewhat random drawing.

Election year. Republican vote. It's how she stayed in so long last time, and it wasn't even an election year.

10. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

11. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

Go Apolo!

12. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Have any of the pros been tweeting? I hope this lineup means van Amstel might be back, and, if so, I hope he and Dovolani have contenders, although it seems like the men are the pick of the field.

13. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

14. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

15. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

16. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Shawn's stuck with Derek :wall: :wall: :wall:

Pairings:

Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy
    Pamela Anderson & Tristan MacManus
    Helio Castroneves & Chelsie Hightower
    Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson
    Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough
    Drew Lachey & Anna Trebunskaya
    Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd
    Kelly Monaco & Val Chmerkovskiy
    Apolo Anton Ohno & Karina Smirnoff
    Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas
    Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani
    Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke

No word on who's in the running to be partners for Carson/Kyle/Sabrina, whoever is voted in.

17. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

I was undecided whether or not I wanted everyone with different partners than first time around, but in the end I'm glad they put Kirstie with Maks and Joey with Kym. I loved these pairings first time around. And i wish Drew was with Cheryl again but this should go well with Anna. They could have paired Gilles with Tom for all I cared, just as long as he's there.

I think Shawn with Derek is a wonderful pairing. He'll bring out the best in her I'm sure. Love him or hate him, he's brilliant.

Hope Pam lasts longer this time. Love me a hot mess of an aging bombshell.

Glad Bristol's with Mark again. He has the experience with her clumping around, no need to force that on another professional.

18. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I hope that Peta and Gillies will be a good pairing.
    I thought that Chery/Emmitt would be partnered.

19. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Carson got all my votes. :shuffle: He's so charming, I don't care he can't dance.

20. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Gilles & Peta for the win ! Peta was fierce last season, and we all know how good Gilles was in his season. They should be the couple to beat.

Poor Tristan and Val. They won't be around long. I hope Bristol is off soon too.

Drew & Anna should do well, but she'll again go home without the mirrored ball this season.

Apolo & Karina should be good too; I'd like to see him with someone younger though.

21. Spareoom

Shoot, all of Shawn's "cute and bubbly" votes are going to be canceled out by Derek's "he's so annoying" votes. :p Hello early vote off! I can't stand the guy but he DOES do good dancing, so maybe if we just skip all the pre-show stuff and just watch the dancing, they'll be ok. ;) And maybe Shawn's smiley attitude will lessen his annoying-ness? :p

22. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

It will be interesting to see Derek without his usual " sexy starlet". Mark was actually very good with Shawn and recognized she was young and not comfortable with "the sexy". I'll give Derek credit if he is as good with Shawn as Mark was.

23. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Shawn is four years older and not a minor anymore so she might be a lot more comfortable with "the sexy" now.

Shawn/Derek and Karina/Apolo are definitely the two new teams I'm looking forward to the most! Apolo is the best dancer here, IMO, and Karina is the best remaining female pro and she now has a win behind her. Never count out the athletes. I'm just happy they didn't give Apolo to Cheryl. I do dread seeing more of Emmit's funky wedding dancing or whatever.

Peta/Gilles should be awesome as well.

Surprised that they would pretty much waste Mark on Bristol in an all star season. Maybe she refused to do it otherwise.

I really wanted Pamela to be paired with Dmitri; they would have been so hot!

Helio/Chelsie is just a pathetic attempt to recreate Helio/Julianne (blonde young Mormon girl). I don't see them lasting.

Surprised they gave Drew to Anna since he seems to be one of their favorite ex-contestants and Anna is not a favored pro. I would have rather seen her with Gilles and Peta with Drew (makes more sense heightwise) but oh well.

Yay for Joey/Kym and Melissa/Tony being back together!

I was already worried about Kelly, but now that she's with Val her fate is pretty much sealed to go out first.

I bet whoever gets voted in will be with a member of the troupe.

24. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

I'm betting it will be Carson with Lacey.

25. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

I knew it was a longshot for Julianne to come back, but I'm still disappointed. :(
    I'll still watch because Apolo is with Karina whom I like, but I wanted Apolianne! :wuzrobbed:

Thank the gods they didn't put him with Cheryl.

I actually thought they'd put him with Chelsie to try to recreate an Apolo/Julianne type thing. Thankfully, they didn't go there.

26. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I thought so too. If Apolo couldn't be with Julianne, Karina is definitely the next best choice. She is going to come out with amazing choreography and he's actually going to be able to execute. :D I'm actually stunned the producers gave her such a popular candidate. Makes me wonder if she's boinking one of them. :lol: (Not that she has to, but she got so many duds after Mario that I thought they didn't like her... remember when they told her she'd be paired with a veteran, and she thought they meant a WW1 vet, hah).

27. danceronice

:rolleyes: Seriously, never go to a real ballroom competition. Bristol would fit in with the pre-bronze/bronze I crowd and probably place pretty well. She actually got taught to dance as Mark wasn't dumb enough to try and make her do theatrical shows. Most of the celebs, with a couple of exceptions like Apolo, would get their butts handed to them as they've gotten taught tricks, not how to dance. (The women, at least--by virtue of the medium the men usually have to learn more to function.)

The only way they can stop Derek on this one is if Karina and Apolo just blow everyone out of the water. Though dark horse for Drew and Anna, if he can perform with her like he did with Cheryl...Instead of "Save a Horse", "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" for a country freestyle?

Tristan and Val, we hardly knew ye.

Hm...what girls are left if it's Carson or Kyle? For Sabrina...Louis van Amstel? He's the only one I can think of who's a LIKELY returnee that's not on the list. They wouldn't give her to Corky...would they? In which case new ball game, as Corky might be a bit old but he CAN coach when he wants to and he CAN still likely outdance everyone except possibly Louis. Or one of the "Troupe"?

28. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Lacey

Sabrina - Louis, Dmitry

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  29. Spareoom

Oh please please please let me get some Kyle/Lacey again! That would rock beyond belief. He really was robbed in his season and I'd love to see him get a second chance.

30. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

The mirror ball trophy made it to the Packer Stockholders meeting, I forget who showed up with it, but it made an appearance. Also Peta showed up at Donald Driver's charity softball game last month.