DWTS 5/3-4 Cha Cha Challenge

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Garden Kitty, May 3, 2010.

1. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

Well I split my votes between Pam and Evan.

2. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

Well, hubby just cast 6 votes for Evan and Anna because I registered him on his computer (in all fairness, last week he asked if he could help...)

I actually thought Evan was the sharpest in the group dance. Niecy was definitely off-synch and Erin seemed to lose concentration. Ah well, on to next week. Betting the final 3 will be Evan, Erin, and Nicole. Would love to see Evan and Erin in the final two but I'm sure the "great dahnceh" will be in there...

3. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

Went back to read what I missed and had to say...

This may be my favorite post of the whole DWTS season. We should make it our motto! :lol::lol:

4. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I voted for Evan and Erin tonight. I'm oddly nervous about Eriin--she went towards the beginning and was good but not remarkable, and she was overshadowed by Niecy and Evan in the group routine. I figure Niecy might get the oh-my-god she's at the bottom vote, Pam's fan base seems to be building, so I just saw Erin in that horrible horrible spotlight, cold and alone, hoping for her name not to be called. :drama:

I hope Chad goes. And because I'm eville and unfair, Nicole next.

5. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

that's neither evil, nor unfair. :D

6. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I would reverse those 2, because I want her gone and want to see what Chad buys for Cheryl next week.

7. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Anything's possible, but I was just on the phone with my mom saying that I could easily see Erin in the final 3 and possibly winning. She seems to be growing each week, has a popular partner, and comes across as a nice, funny person.

8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

As much as I'd love for Evan to win, I sort of want Erin to win as well. Maybe they could tie. :lol: Not only is she talented, but she's so gutsy. If I had to deal with not one but two perverts going after me, I'd probably hide under the bed for a year. And she's out there having fun, no holds barred. I'm so impressed by her courage.

Not to mention that an Erin win would probably drive Christine Brennan right up the wall. :EVILLE:

9. sk8sue

sk8sue SHERLOCKED

Combined scores:

Evan & Anna 30 + 24 = 54
    Nicole & Derek 27 + 27 = 54
    ---
    Chad & Cheryl 25 + 27 = 52
    ---
    Erin & Maksim 27 + 24 = 51
    Pam & Damian 24 + 27 = 51
    ---
    Niecy & Louis 25 + 24 = 49

Between two accounts, I gave Evan 5 votes, Pam 4, Erin 2, and Niecy 1. Would love Evan and Erin to be top two.

10. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I'd like to see that result too. Nicole's the only one I wouldn't mind at all to see gone. Everyone else has a personality, but she just seems so self-absorbed.

11. zhenya271

zhenya271 Active Member

I'd reverse it, as well. Those hunched shoulders should not get "9"s.

12. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Hey, self-aborbed can be a personality too. :lol:

13. figurefan

figurefan New Member

I am so glad there are others who feel the way I do about Nicole. I did not like her waltz at all, it looked cold and sloppy. She is in no way the best dancer ever. I actually enjoyed Chad and Pamela more, their performances were more calm and smooth.

I enjoyed Erin as well and once again Niecy finds a place in my heart. Nobody was touching Evan tonight, he was one hot piece of work.

I would actually put Niecy and Nicole in the bottom two...

14. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

Okay was it me or did anyone else see McBru or was it just Mc?

15. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

Missed the show (hanging with writer peeps). But IIRC someone linked a pic of B/A demo-ing to Ev/An. I didn't look then - can someone point me to the pic now?

('Cos that's also cool, considering the whole Evan/Tanith thing.)

16. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

:lol: Not as interesting, though. :p

17. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

May be too early yet, but I'm not loving Dialidol tonight.

18. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

If Nicole is the best dancer ever on the show, I thank God I've never watched it before this year.

I'm only watching for Evan, but I've gotten warm fuzzies for Erin and Pam. I like Neicy but she does wear on the nerves a bit.

And....in what world is fairness ever a consideration? If you find that world, let me know where it is.

19. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

I'm pretty sure Carrie Anne says that to someone every season. :lol:

Technically, I'd say Mya is the best dancer that's been on the show.

Overall though, I'm biased towards Apolo. :D

20. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

I agree. Evan could very well be going home tomorrow. He only had a 5 point lead over last-place Niecy, which definitely isn't a lot when they assign the judges scores a percentage and then add in the viewer votes.

21. Cloudy_Gumdrops

DialIdol is meaningless people!

It doesn't take into account text or internet votes and look how small that sample size is. Just because it was a good predictor in the past doesn't mean it still is. I don't know if it ever really has been for DWTS.

22. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Oh, thank you! I knew it looked familiar.

23. birdgal

birdgal New Member

I thought that Evan's and Anna's dance was HOT!

24. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

Evan was truly smokin' hot tonight in my book :hat1: So glad he got the first perfect score of the season. His willingness to work like a dog is paying off yet again. :dog:

He should get the encore tomorrow night and he should be safe. I vote online and gave him all my votes this week.

birdgal and (deleted member) like this.
  25. chipso1

It's not meaningless. It's been pretty spot on for DWTS the past three/four weeks.

26. Cloudy_Gumdrops

We'll just have to disagree then. I just seriously can't believe that Evan will get voted off tomorrow night.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  27. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

Just to be on the safe side, I registered another email address. Good thing I've got a few laying around.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  28. chipso1

I'm not saying it's totally accurate, and I am aware that it doesn't include text or online voting, but as of late, it's been a pretty good predictor for DWTS. I didn't say that Evan would for sure be going home, just that he very well could be (a la Sabrina Bryan).

If anyone's interested, here's how the judges votes are factored into the final total:

Following this formula, the judges gave out 311 "total points" this week. Here's the breakdown for the scores (without the viewer phone, text and online votes factored in yet):

1) Evan (17.36%)
    1) Nicole (17.36%)
    3) Chad (16.72%)
    4) Erin (16.40%)
    4) Pamela (16.40%)
    6) Niecy (15.76%)

29. Brian

Brian New Member

Hi,

Can people vote online from Canada?

30. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Not sure, but I'd think so considering you can phone vote.