DWTS 4/5

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Garden Kitty, Apr 6, 2010.

1. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

I have fond memories of Troy. Only been there once. I went to an information session at RPI. Pretty school, but for some reason, I'd thought Troy was only an hour or two from where I live in Orange County, NY. Then when I passed New Paltz and was no where near the exit I needed, I realized I must have confused RPI's location that of SUNY New Paltz. But I figured, WTF, and kept driving. After all, how much further could it be...? :lol:

2. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Hee hee... New Paltz is Exit 18 on the Thruway, and Troy is Exit 23. There's about an hour's drive distance between the two, assuming you stay driving at 65 MPH. I graduated from Dominican College in southern Rockland County, and I used to ride up and down the Thruway so much for trips home, sometimes bussing it from NYC that I even had the "miles to Albany" numbers memorized, 'cause I knew that once I hit Albany I was good as home (I'm a Schenectady native - moved to Troy in 2001).

I live a few blocks south of Russell Sage College.

3. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Because Shawn Johnson was a minor, her contract was approved by a court, so it was made public. Per the NY Daily News:

4. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Looks like you've answered your own question! :lol:

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

why not pursue whatever better paying opportunities she has before she returns to nursing? I don't think most people would turn down the DWTS $, regardless of their situation.

6. suep1963

suep1963 Well-Known Member

:lol:

My older sister is a nurse, and while she might have bossed me a bit when we were kids, that is so not her--nor any of the other nurses I know. Doctors (especially surgeons) yes, not the nurses.

7. ncskatefan

ncskatefan New Member

amen. i hope to never be within 200 miles of that woman.

8. ncskatefan

ncskatefan New Member

btw, i like pam anderson's partner's chest.

9. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Yeah... I'd figured I was already at exit 18. How much longer could five more exits take? Well...

10. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Bruno's take on Kate (and Pam), from the George Lopez Show :lol: But I have to ask the writer, "which audience, specifically, did K&T's paso impress?"

11. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Why can Bruno not talk like that on the show? He sounds 1000% more intelligent.

Jon's now suing for custody. I'm sure he's annoyed that's taking time away from snorting cocaine off a hooker in his NYC non-child-friendly apartment. I do not cut him any slack because living with Kate was stressful--since the divorce stuff started he's been a self-centered juvenile jerk. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if half Kate's problem is a nervous breakdown after the year. (And do we know if that $230,000 is HERS, or is that the trust fund for the kids? Because a lot of what TLC paid as cash is supposed to be being held for them, I thought. Meaning quite possibly even if she wanted to spend it on food and clothes she can't.)

In which case she should be getting therapy, not dancing. Please please please let her go home!

12. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

I believe Jon and Kate are working together on this so-called custody petition. They want to propel the sympathy vote and keep her on the show longer. Then they'll split the take. :angryfire

13. Cheylana

Nothing about those two disgust me. I really feel sorry for their kiddos.

14. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I've been a patient, and have had wonderful - and not so wonderful - experiences through the years.

15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

This is quite the meandering thread! :lol:

16. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

:confused: Nothing or everything?

17. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I believe Kate is diabolical enough to come up with such a scheme, but I'm not sure Jon is smart enough to go along.

18. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

19. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Wonderful. :rolleyes:
    Why, indeed? I don't understand the interest in her at all. Maybe it's because Kate is a force of nature wrt staying in the media's spotlight. :mad: At least the octomom had the decency to recede from ubiquity (for now). :shuffle:

20. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

:40beers: Cheers Karina1974! Did you see the Smuckers ad too for the Times Union SOI show?

21. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Kate's fans rejoice (You know who you are!!!); She will return to TV with her own show on TLC "Twist of Kate" and serveral "Kate Plus 8" specials.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36262585/ns/entertainment-celebrities/

22. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Kate Gosselin has fans?

23. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Actually, no. I was on the computer (reading this thread in fact), and I only turned my attention to the TV when I heard the announcement that the next couple was about to take the floor. The rest of the time, I was completely zoned out. Funny, considering that the TV and the computer are right next to each other.

The only time I ever went to SOI was the year that Scott was out getting treated for cancer, and the Albany stop was after he was diagnosed and had to leave the show. I also attended the 1996 US Pro Championship, which was also held in Albany, and was Katia Gordeeva's solo (non-team event) competitive debut.

24. Cheylana

Oops, I goofed! Yes, I meant "everything," thanks for correcting!

25. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

26. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure you have to keep your license CURRENT to be a nurse.

Kate's been too busy being a "celebrity" to have to worry about things like that. Nursing is probably no longer an "automatic" option.

Poor kids. There is a photo of them in this week's People Magazine.

Yes, let's have the Easter Egg hunt in the FRONT YARD so the press can take photos. :wall:

Yes, all mothers dress in 6" heels to chase 8 kids around.:wall:

Hopefully the courts made those idiot parents put some money away for the theapy the kids will need when they realize "mom only wanted to be a celebrity" :(

27. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

Kate said not that long ago that she renewed her nursing license

28. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

Not sure if this needs a spoiler tags or not, but better safe than sorry I guess...

This week Travis has choreographed the Macy's Stars of Dance, and some of the dancers performing include Nick Lazzerini, Jaimie and Danny! :cheer:

29. tahoesky

tahoesky New Member

30. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

Evan and his laidback, dry sense of humor. :lol: (They think I'm just going to bust out a foxtrot in the club?)