DWTS 4/5

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Garden Kitty, Apr 6, 2010.

1. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

What is his mother's maiden name? Maybe that is where the Greek comes from.

2. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Santoro -- according to Wikipedia. His family heritage is Czech and Italian (also courtesy of Wikipedia). You don't have to be Greek to belong to the Greek Orthodox church.

3. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Greek.

4. NancyNC

NancyNC Well-Known Member

Sad to say, I have never watched this show. I think I shall have to program my DVR though if this is a frequent occurrence. :shuffle:

5. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

Go on ABC.com. I think they have past episodes. :swoon:

I don't much care for the new look of the studio either.

I do, however, like Brooke Burke.

6. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

For professional reasons I have to read the Jewish press all the time, believe me if he was even half-Jewish it would have been proudly stated. (As it is, about 47 people sent me the same article about Ben Agosto and Charlie White both being half-Jewish.)

The whole Gosselin phenomenon puzzles the hell out of me. Which is neither here nor there but in terms of DWTS, it distorts the voting and support patterns in a way that has me mildly irritated. (Mildly because that's all I care about the results.)

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

They might not be watching. My sister's rather-conservative pastor already has been preaching the evils of DWTS and SYTYCD for quite some time now. :lol:

Really loving Evan's dancing on the show, but I hope he gets a few new moves during the other segments. The first week when they panned the couples at the beginning, he kind of gave a wooden smile and looked sooo nervous. The second week he upgraded with a bigger smile and a wink. But this week he did the same thing. Gotta keep changing it up kid or you'll get the "robot" remarks again!

8. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Or they didn't get what he was implying. One of my faculty asked me today what he was talking about.

9. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

I missed the last few couples last night so haven’t seen Pussycat lady’s routine. I find Erin Andrews [and her story :drama:] vaguely interesting and I thought their dance had a ton of chemistry. :grope: Am I the only one? I don’t like reality TV in general, but I’m aware of the phony “showmance” concept. However I’m starting to believe that they’ really are involved. Either that or great acting guys!

10. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Since both of them get their Jewish half from their mothers, then it makes them both 100% Jews by the Jewish tradition. :)
    Though, this won't be a reason for me to like or to dislike skaters.
    In their case, they are both very talented.
    US has a promissing future in ice dancing category, now that BelGosto retired!
    And Charlie is very :swoon:
    Can't wait to see him participating in DWTS!
    Wishful thinking, I know...

Sorry for going a bit out off the topic. ;)

11. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

Carrie Ann Inaba just tweeted about how good the band was last night! Is she kidding me??? I sure hope she doesn't read this thread :lol: http://twitter.com/carrieanninaba

12. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I guess you had to be there. Hey Soul Sister sounded particularly awful to me - the vocals sounded like the guy was recovering from laryngitis.

13. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Some of singings makes you think that having a DJ would have been just enough.

14. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Aw, I'll take Brooke Burke over meh Samantha Harris any day of the week! Harris definies "vapid brunette Barbie".

Nicole and Derek's rule violations were certainly all Derek's fault - there's no way he didn't know that the lift was illegal, much less the other stuff - but it sure was a great performance. Nicole is totally a ringer, and it's not fair, etc etc, but damn she's a good dancer and most of this cast is so awful that I don't care. That routine was great.

Oh, and the guy singer sounded really hoarse in a couple of songs.

rfisher and (deleted member) like this.
  15. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I'm of the conspiracy mindset on this one -- better for them to get slapped this week than to be the top scoring couple three weeks in a row. I think that Derek has plenty of experience to know just what's going to tick Len off, and he made sure to include just enough of it.

16. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I'd rather watch Nicole than say ANYBODY on the show including Evan, and I really like Evan and hate Derek. I don't care who wins. I just want to be entertained and she and Evan are it other than just watching the hotties. :grope:

17. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

On the Evan's feet thing: I watched Derek's feet, and I noticed that on a number (but not all) of the steps in hold he slides his feet into the next position, with most of the weight seeming to be on the ball of the foot. Evan lifts, separates and steps down throughout the dance. (Sounds like a bra -- the new Evan bra -- it lifts! it separates!) But I still don't understand what the reference to ankles is about.

The only time I really got the posture thing is where Evan ended up more hanging on Anna (maybe a little late) and his shoulders weren't over his hips, which made his butt stick out some -- is that what Len was referring to?

I also get the feeling that Anna doesn't particularly like Evan, and I wonder why? (Or maybe that's the demeanor she has with other partners too?)

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  18. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I could be completely wrong about this, but the vibe I get from Anna is that she loves the spotlight and that in her world it's all about Anna. So maybe she likes Evan just fine but doesn't like the fact that her handsome partner is the one getting most of the attention.

19. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

She may not be thrilled to do all the travelling that working with Evan is going to take, but she has to be happy that she seems to have one of the few contestants not throwing hissy fits and getting a nasty attitude. He just gets down to work, and does what he's told and seems genuinely appreciative of her.

20. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

Because he beat "the Russian" :lol:

21. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Pointing his damn toes. :yikes:

No, really. Look at his feet. He needs to point his toes, extend that line. He's admitted as much. Said it's a function of being so used to being in skate boots.

22. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

He dated an ice dancer. Shouldn't he have been able to learn how to point his toes in skates from watching her?

Oh, wait...umm....never mind. :p

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  23. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that :). After seeing the whole thing, I am impressed. Very nice, though I do still think he needs to loosen up a lot.

I have heard they are definitely an "item".

I agree with toe point. His ankles are rather inflexible from being in skates. Interesting, it seems that skaters tend to have weak ankles, because of always being in such supportive skates.

24. woodstock

woodstock New Member

I couldn't find the Jon and Kate thread, but since this is linked to Kate and DWTS....
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36199888/ns/entertainment-gossip/

hmmm. I hate to defend her since I don't care much for her (or at least what I've seen of her in TV), but a lot of the practice sessions aired on tv show them in her basement in PA. So evidently she is home several days a week. Me thinkey Jon wants a reversal of the child support...as in he gets paid the child support from her. Wonder which girlfriend he'll have watching the kids if he gets custody? (Because, you know he can't use nanny's, since he's complaining about Kate using them).

Granted Kate is a fame whore accustomed to some nice living, however, she seems to hate dancing and appears really uncomfortable on DWTS. Something tells me this was not only an opportunity to get to 16 minutes, but also a way for her to pay the mortgage and feed 8 mouths in the style her children have become accustomed to (since Jon is obviously drinking, deadbeating, and partying away alot of money)

25. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

New tweet from Tom

26. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Oh oh.

27. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

28. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Or revisiting puberty.

Rob and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I can't stand her either, but Jon is clearly asking for custody in order to negotiate lower child support payments. (My father did the same thing with my mother. He would have had a heart attack if the judge had ever granted him custody. :lol:) He's been living in New York and not spending much time with the kids or showing much concern about their well-being. And he probably doesn't have much money left. The guy needs to get a job. Why should Kate be providing him with spousal support?

Perhaps Kate will be back home full-time soon. Her dancing really is terrible.

30. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

Is Jon payng any child support at all? Don't you need income for that? Is his big idea not to work so he doesnt have to pay? I know that the lawyer he went to court with on Friday was doing it a as favor "to be payed later." Kate isnt Miss Congeniality but I hate when one slacker ex spouse of either gender gets away with this type of irresponsibility.