DWTS 4/26-27: Swingtime

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Garden Kitty, Apr 26, 2010.

1. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I think this was just the week to put Evan "in danger" so it wouldn't be obvious that the top two are pretty well set. Fake suspense, the judges would be appalled if he were actually voted off, I think.

2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

They were appalled when Cheetah girl was voted off early. It happens.

3. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I agree. I just hope Nicole has such a week so that we can see her have a fit! :D

4. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

WTF? x eleventy billion about the judging last night. :mad: Tom's comment about maybe they only brought the "7" paddles was too true to be truly funny. :(
    I'd put Evan ahead of Chad -- his posture still bothers me, his neck and head are always jutting forward, reminds me of a bird of prey. And apart from a few lunges and stomping steps, I thought the choreo for his tango was basically stand there like a tree and support Cheryl.
    True, but I still liked her tango (and Niecy's) better than Chad's. If I had my druthers Jake would go next, followed by Chad. Maks would provide all the :swoon: factor I would require. :grope: And I like Erin, too.
    It better not happen with Evan -- if he is voted off before Jake, then I will be ready to :lynch: someone. I wonder if Nicole is really pulling in a lot of votes -- maybe part of the reason her scores have been so high (and that she was given the "10" for the swing competition, despite having the highest judges scores) was to guarantee that she would not be in any danger of elimination. Even though she is a decent dancer, she is not so spectacular as to overcome my dislike of her on-camera personna. I'd not :wuzrobbed very much if she didn't make it to the final three. :shuffle:

Rob and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Same here.

6. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

I'm thinking TPTB are just trying to produce some false drama now that Kate is gone.

Maybe Evan is trouncing everybody in the fan vote, so the judges feel comfortable marking him down. They obviously have to prop Nicole up with their votes, because she is not coming across well. More and more people seem to dislike her and Derek by the second. That's on top of the ringer backlash.

I didn't even bother watching the Swing marathon last night. Who didn't know that Derek/Nicole would win that?

7. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

There will be a version of DWTS on French TV this autumn. Because Lysacek did this season, will it encouarge Brian Joubert to do the same? :psoty: vs :psoty:

http://blog.leparisien.fr/brl-tv/2010/04/danse-avec-les-stars-debarque-sur-tf1-a-lautomne.html

(six evenings; channel working on the casting; they've contacted Joubert and other athletes about it)

8. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Ha, it didn't register at the time, but now I remember that Evan's doctor was Dr. Axel. Kinda funny. :lol:

9. rfisher

10. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

Yeah, not exactly surprising, but I thought Erin and Max did a great job and could've bought them as winners.

11. Nan

Nan Just me

I think Evan's schedule and the bop on his head may have caught up with him. He got the idea of the dance and performed it, he just ran out of steam fairly quickly.

12. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I just wish that the judges would judge the dance and not the dancer. Too many of the dancers are getting judged against themselves. Evan, Erin, Pam, and Niecy were all better than 85, but because he performed well for HIM, he got higher scores. If I were a judge, he would be pulling 5s.

13. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

As long as Evan survives tonight, I'm not going to worry about him. He didn't do well at Nats before winning Worlds and then Olys --- apparently, a skating defeat sets off his competitive fire for the next round -- and I think that the same will apply here. Also, as a skater, Evan is probably more used to incomprehensible judging than are most of the contestants.

14. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

This. Although, for last night, I think I'd give Chad 6's with perhaps a 7 thrown in. Jake would get the 5's and 6's -- certainly not straight 7's like Evan and Niecy.

15. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I would have given Jake and Chad 6, Niecy, Erin, and Pam 7, Evan and Nicole 8 (much as it pains me I was looking for relatively minor nitpicks on Nicole's samba.)

And the reason Julianne was talking about turnout in samba is YOU TURN OUT IN SAMBA. Seriously, Bruno and Carrie Anne, when it's time to dance to an Elton John song in a speedo or hang naked off a pole, we'll ask your technical opinion, until such time....

16. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I don't get the tongue bathing Nicole gets. She's good but only in comparison to the other stars (save Evan), and Erin has the ability to come close, and she has a better personality. For someone with actual dance training, Nicole should be a lot better than she actually is.

17. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

What is Erin's background? I know she's a "few" years removed but she was a Florida Gator Dazzler-which is a cheer-dance squad. I know heels are totally foreign to her but her body at least used to know how to move. I've seen Nicole do walk squat pivot in the squat position slowly rise with her bootie in the air-all in the highest of heels so heels can't be her excuse.

18. rfisher

Well, poor Nicolle is stuck with the Blahblondiestpup ever. :lol:

19. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Wasn't this the week where the celebs design their pro's costume?

I have to say, Anna's dress was gorgeous. She and Evan looked awesome and I'm glad they weren't wearing the typical Samba colors (yellow, red, purple).

20. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I thought Anna's dress was violet, aka purple ?

21. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Exactly. Very annoying. Evan gets hammered, but Jake or Chad are praised for a worse routine because less is expected of them. :wall: To the extent winning this is important to someone, my advice next season would be to come in and dance adaquately well to start and build as the weeks go on. Don't give it your all the first few weeks even if you have the talent.

22. Cloudy_Gumdrops

23. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

It seems a few of you would like to 86 85. :p

DialIdol has three celebs in green/"safe". Not gonna say that this means much nor say who they are (go look for yourself, lazy fingers), but I will loudly say [slight spoiler of DialIdol predictions],
    'BOO' to jealous hausfraus!

24. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

This would only work for someone who already has a large fan base from week 1.

I kind of agree with Len that Mak going shirtless was totally unnecessary in his and Erin's routine. It distracted from the routine. Len was wrong though to take it out on Erin.

I thought Nicole looked kind of stiff throughout her Samba. Was she seriously worrying about her camera angle during reheasal? LOL. Honey, you're not Babra Streisand!

I think the best girl on all seasons of DWTS so far was Mya. Her samba with Dimitry last season was great.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  25. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Oh goody - then mama can be in the audience and backstage and in rehearsal... :scream:

26. rfisher

No. I don't even have to look to know what you're saying. I say boo too.

27. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I agree. And for all the criticism Evan got for not moving his hips, I thought Nicole was just as guilty. I saw some hip shaking (within the same horizontal plane, if that makes sense), but no hip rolling, which I thought was required in the dance. But apparently I know nothing, because the judges loved her. :barrel

28. figurefan

figurefan New Member

I thought the judges were too hard on Evan so I gave him most of my votes.

This was the first week Pamela did not impress me, I actually liked Chad and Niecy was pretty good but Jake bored me. I am not sure what it is about Nicole, she is a good dancer but I feel that something is off about her.

Last night was the first time I ever thought of Evan as all kinds of hot...:lol: I am not sure if it was his outfit or what but he was looking sexy.

29. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

It was his chest, darling!

30. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Maks fired back at Len after Len's criticism of Maks last night.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/maks-lashes-out-at-len-goodman-youre-too-old-to-be-on-dwts-1549236.story?gt1=28135