DWTS 4/26-27: Swingtime

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Garden Kitty, Apr 26, 2010.

1. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

DialIdol Results so far...

1. Nicole - 37.997
    2. Evan - 37.088
    3. Erin - 34.533
    4. Chad - 30.399
    5. Pamela - 21.201
    6. Niecy - 19.572
    7. Jake - 19.210

I think Evan will be safe this week. Looks like it will be either Niecy or Jake going home, considering they had the two lowest judges' scores, too.

2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Maybe, except dialidol isn't always accurate for DWTS due to the online voting.

3. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Who in the world is voting for Nicole? :rolleyes: :blah:

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Wow, I hadn't thought about Silk Stalkings in forever!! My sister and I never missed that show. :lol:

5. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

It gives us a good idea, though. With Evan so far ahead of both Niecy and Jake in the phone voting, I can't imagine he'll be sent home this week.

6. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Evan got hosed! I registered another email account so I could throw him some more votes.

7. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

When Aiden left the show he said he was supporting Nicole because "with his skating background, it's too easy for Evan" :rolleyes:

Veronika and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

And her dancing background made dancing really difficult? :lol:

Veronika and (deleted member) like this.
  9. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Phone number for Evan, and the one for Pam?

10. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

That must be it! :lol:

1-800-868-xxxx.

Pam is 3411
    Evan is 3406

I had no problem getting through for Pam. :(

11. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

I'm going to give her all my online votes since I'm not too worried about Evan.

Zomg, you're so right! :rofl:

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Evan's tweets:

13. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Those are called 'class', Nicole. Get some.

14. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

garden kitty - do all the stars tweet with a vote for me plea? Maybe I am not paying as much attention when the get the judges' score and the Brooke "you know that they need your votes" stuff, but I don't remember seeing as much pandering for the phone calls as in the past.

15. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I don't follow any of the celebs except for Evan, so I don't know for sure, but I assume they do. I only saw Erin's because Lance Armstrong retweeted it to all his followers.

16. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Toes. You gotta keep 'em separated.

:eek: Sorry, impromptu dinner with friends. ;)

After I left home I realized I should have posted in the thread that we needed someone to do scores, but it looks like Fridge_Break came through. :)

17. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Warning: Very bad rant ahead:

I had never watched this show but a few times before, and I thought it was ludicrous. The "dancing" is awful. The pros are good-I adore Chelsea-but it's purely a popularity contest between has-bens and wanna-bees. And those judges are too stupid to even listen to! That idiot little guy on the right-I don't even know his name but he's repulsive!

That said-Evan got hosed. He and Nicole are the only two who can approach anything called dancing.....I admit I "like" Pam and Erin as people.....but if I never hear the word "jiggly" again, I'll be thrilled. Girl-get some vocabulary. And it isnt "jiggly bits" - it's just plain fat. I know because I could really stand to lose 15-20. Nicey is very exhausting. I tried to like her, but she's just wearing me out. Chad is flat footed and boring. The Batchelor dude is energetic and terrible. Enthusiasm doesn't equal dance, and his desperate wanting to succeed turns to an overt leering. It's creepy.

Sorry-for me, this just doesn't justify two hours of watching instead of reading something worthwhile.

Don't think I'll watch any more. When does SYTYCD come on?

18. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

Dear DWTS Producers,

Can you please replace Brooke with Erin next year? I noticed that Erin's reponses to Brooke's questions indicate that working without script is much more natural for Erin and Brooke is wearing out my mute button!

Thanks!:D

19. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

Didn't dialidol show Evan in the bottom two on like week one? Plus once again... large parts of the country can't even vote when these "results" are posted. It's fun to look at, but not really good for much else IMHO.

20. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no fear for Evan being cut - although for dramatic purposes, I suppose they'll place him in jeopardy on the results show.

Based on blogs I've been reading, he's picked up a lot of fans that didn't know who he was before DWTS. And many have posted rants about the judges scoring him below Chad and the same as Jake. At least a few posts indicated that they were throwing all of their votes to Evan for the first time. So I suspect reverse psychology will rule the day as far as Evan is concerned.

21. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Bruno. He is pretty awful, isn't he? I can hardly stand to watch him anymore.

22. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Cast my online votes for Evan and Niecy. Niecy got hosed in the swing marathon as she was one of the few doing proper steps. 86 never executed a single correct step. Same with Jake. Geez.

23. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Rob and Mitzi :swoon: One of the best crime-fighting couples on TV, even if the plots were super cheesy :lol:

Mitzi Capture (née Donahue) is from Marietta, Georgia, and was the older sister of my exBF's best friend. It was really weird seeing her on TV when Silk Stalkings was on the air :lol: . Whatever happened to her? I know Rob went on to have a role on Melrose Place and has done some other things, but she seemed to have pretty much vanished from the Hollywood scene.

24. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

I think it was an awkward move Niecy and her partner did that did them off. As I recall, she was laying on top of him or something, it looked bad.

25. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

Erin's a natural in front of the camera (no pun intended :lol:). She speaks well and is totally comfortable with commentary to the point that I noticed Brooke looking a bit concerned for her job. I don't "think" Erin would want her job, though.

26. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I think that was their "humor"- she fell on him and "crushed" him. It didn't work.

I noticed at one point Nicole was just being held upside down by her partner- doing nothing... must have been there way to give her a breather, though as a dacner I would think she'd have the stamina for 3 minutes of swing.

27. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

For an hour and a half I was dialing 1-888-868-3406 and getting a busy signal. :duh: So then I decided to try calling in to cast a few for Pam, and after dialing the 1-888-etc and getting a busy signal for the first few tries, I finally got an answering machine for some loan company. lol I wonder how many messages they got on their answering machine... "Um, yeah, I wanted to vote for Pamela Anderson..." After realizing my mistake I placed my votes in the proper places - two for Pam, the rest for Evan.

Unrelated Question: Is it dangerous to shake fake boobs around so much? I was worried that Nicole's implants were going to burst during the samba.

28. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

ITA, no way should Jake, Neicy, Evan get all 7s. And how does Chad get an 8from Len when Nicole, Evan, Erin got 7s. WTF?

I'd put Evan even with Chad at the very least. I remember Julianne trying to get Chuck to turn his feet out in the samba walks so I don't get Bruno's comment about turning in all the time. (Plus Evan was turned in a lot). Sure, Evan did not get the hips going like a pro, but he did a lot more than I thought he'd do. Yes, he lacked bounce - but so did Jake and he stumbled too.

Pam's leg line was awful.

I wonder if Evan got eliminated before Chad in the swing because he and Anna went way outside their spotlight before they were supposed to - they eliminated them right at that moment.

29. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I liked Evan, but I do agree with the judges that he was being too lyrical for too much of the dance. Shouldn't Anna have caught that during reheasals? Very nice man's cleavage on Evan :hat1:.

I liked Pam also but the tango last night was very unforgiving of her bad body lines. The choreography wasn't bad but perhaps it wasn't the best showcase for Pam.

30. NancyNC

NancyNC Well-Known Member

Yeah for Mama Garden Kitty! :cheer: You have obviously trained her well! :lol: