DWTS 4/26-27: Swingtime

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Garden Kitty, Apr 26, 2010.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Do they do two dances next week or will it be a group dance?

2. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

Mavs are Dallas NBA team.

I knew they'd make phony :drama: re: Evan so I turned it off early.

I'm one of the people who might've :rolleyes: re: Pam previously. But between Evan liking her and the way she's behaved I've opened my mind. :)

btw I thought Anna looked great w/ Maks in the pro dance. Because I don't always watch this show I never paid attention to her before she was EL's partner.

3. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Dallas basketball team owned by Mark Cuban who was on DWTS, but don't see what that's got to do with him.

4. TalentedButHumble

:D What's with making skaters into Disney characters lately. There's that whole thing re: Meryl too.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  5. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I like how they had to interrupt his blathering to ask him if he had anything to say to his partner. Something tells me they wouldn't have to do that with Evan.

Now Jake is free to take his pants and go back to whatever he can think of to extend his 15 minutes of fame into 16 minutes.

6. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Wonder if the 'engagement' ends when his dancing shoes get hung up? But I think she looks permanently vacant.

:rofl: ^^ This.

Talk about a freaking 'me me me' moment. Stumbles was only there this long due to her choreography.

7. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Yay - Niecy! Pam! Erin! Still dancing!

Yay - The Blahchelor! Done dancing!

(and - bonus! no more mealy-mouthed appearances on 'The Dish' by his stork-looking "fiance")

8. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

OK, I have never watched the Bachelor, don't care to - why does everone dislike Vienna so much? (apologies, don't mean to hijack the thread, just curious).

While Anna looked relieved, I think Evan realized they were keeping him in suspense just for the drama factor, and I think the skater/competitor in him found this ridiculous, although he's far too good a sport to admit that. His reaction when they were saved was practically a shrug. Of course, that also means he'll be on fire to come roaring back next week.

deltask8er and (deleted member) like this.
  9. TalentedButHumble

btw were those sports science people from Wayne State University in Detroit? (I think there's another Wayne State in the US.)

10. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

I thought Evan and Anna both looked very worried. Thought when they found out they were safe that Anna showed great relief whereas Evan seemed almost apologetic towards her. I didn't get the impression he thought they were doing it for drama.

11. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I am so glad that stumblebum went home. There would have been no justice in the world if he had stayed and Pam or Evan had went home.
    And speaking of Evan, WHEEEEEEEEEEE he was smoking hot in that dance.
    And His being so thin, I would never have thought he would have such a good looking chest:smokin:
    Didn't like Pam in the black wig, but liked her dancing. Well heck, just like her.:D

12. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I couldn't read Evan's expression at all. I don't know if he was just being gracious so he wasn't cheering in front of the person who'd be eliminated, or if he just felt bad that he'd done "badly" in the dance and was still depressed, or if it was something else altogether.

13. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Let's just hope it's not a televised wedding....I couldn't take it.

14. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

There's a Wayne State College in Nebraska

15. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I've been wondering about him since I heard about his fall. With all the Bret Michaels news, it may have been a tense week for him, his family and friends. I'm sure Mama Lysacek is not thrilled with two broken toes and that (minor) concussion.

16. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I'm sure overall he's fine, but concussions can definitely leave you loopy for quite a while. (Product here of too many long 'helmet vs. no helmet' conversations on the riding forums....suffice to say I'm a "every ride, every time" girl. TBIs aren't my idea of fun.)

To be honest I was less worried watching Evan's fall (over and over and over again, thank you so much producers) about his head than his neck. It looked more like he came down on his neck and shoulders, and that kind of fall freaks me out.

17. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

18. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

He's had a lot of years of training to keep a pretty neutral face when facing bad news.

I do think he'll come back strongly next week. If he comes back to figure skating he'll probably thank the Lord that figure skating judging is a whole lot more objective that Len & Crew. (Len & Crew remind me of the story the WSJ ran years ago about baseball in Japan -- the culture does not support someone being a lot better than someone else, so the ups really tighten down on the strike zone when the pitcher is really good. Drives a lot of the American players who come over to Japan to play pro ball absolutely nuts.)

I notice that Neicy managed to get through this entire evening without mentioning "jiggly" parts. Maybe she heard the request? She really does have a quick humor, though.

I'm hoping Macho Cinco goes home next. Notice how Cheryl Burke turned so his kiss would land on her cheek when they were announced as safe?

19. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I managed to get a concussion while skating as a kid, and it was weeks and weeks before I really felt good again. Queasy, impossible headaches, dizzy. I don't envy Evan at all.

20. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

That would be me. :D

21. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I thought that evan was being gracious and thoughtful of how the people in the bottom two were feeling. And that he was worried about being eliminated and apologic to Anna.

Jake always had the sleaze factor going and last week's risky business dancing in underwear just squicked me out. I am glad that he is gone. But next week is going to be hard. I assume it will be Neicy and 85 in the bottom two.

22. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I admit, I threw Neicy 1 vote.
    Glad Jake went home.
    Vote for Evan...early and often!!!

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  23. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm sure it was really just the editing and V's a wonderful woman who saves puppies and feeds the homeless, BUT... :shuffle: off camera, stories came out about her past as a bride who emptied her hubby's savings account for a boob job while he was in Iraq and then dumped him, and on camera, she was a needy, whiny, daddy's girl and everyone hated her. YMMV, but I think she's well matched with Stumbles. :scream:

Back to topic: :cheer2: Pam's still safe.

24. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

25. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

This is what I thought too. It's amazing after all these years of watching Evan skate, I've now become a big fan of his because of everything about how he seems to be handling this show, and his dancing efforts. His hair also looks 1000 times better these days.

birdgal and (deleted member) like this.
  26. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Maybe they'll ask Plushy to be on the show and everybody will learn to love him too. :D

27. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

SO totally agree!

28. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

:rofl: (I actually think Plushy would do pretty well. :slinkaway )

29. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

Wow glad Jake went home. So next should be Ocho (sp). I want it to be a show down of Even/ and Eran/Nichole/Pam

30. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Yes! Plushenko would be fantastic on our US version of DWTS. I think his personality is well suited to it. Besides the fact that he should be able to pick up the dancing itself pretty quickly and be good at presentation, and his personality is appropriately quirky, his whole persona fits the glitzy, kinda cheesey, atmosphere. And I do not mean that in a bad way!