DWTS 3/28 Season-opener~week two (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by sk8sue, Mar 29, 2011.

1. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Unless things have changed, she is dressed by one of the cast offs of Project Runway.

2. suep1963

suep1963 Well-Known Member

You know what I thought when I saw that hair style? Bond girl circa 1965--all she needed was the go go boots. And the fake eyelashes.

3. Capella

Capella Guest

Why do the producers hate Tony? First they give him Kate Goselin and now he's dancing with a really unattractive, haggard, belching drag queen.

I'm so glad Kirstie is with Max, even if he's like 30 years younger. I can't see her dancing with "token old star partner" Corky.

4. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

No.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2508525/is_wendy_williams_a_man.html?cat=2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy_Williams_(media_personality)

http://www.blackcelebkids.com/2008/08/05/wendy-williams-talks-about-her-son-kevin-jr/

5. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

Maybe Lacey can use the time off to finish growing out her hair, since obviously she didn't make enough money to afford a fresh dye job?

6. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

lol.....I'm sure she paid big bucks for that. It's Ombre hair. The biggest hair trend this spring. Salons colour it specifically to look like that.

7. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Hmmm. For my generation, ombre hair is a sign that you had fallen on hard times.

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I pointed that out in the last DWTS thread...but in this case, I think Lacey's been a little lazy too. She bleached her hair for last season, and I think she's been letting it grow out. So she's taking advantage of the trend. ;)

9. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

More like from a Roger Moore Bond, or possibly "Diamonds are Forever" (aka "Sean Connery Had to Be Bribed With Donations To His Favorite Charity To Make This Movie") where you can tell about halfway through the hairstylist threw up their hands and said "I just don't know."

My take though was she looks more like she's trying to look young and trendy and it's REALLY not working for her. She seems exceptionally plastic this season.

10. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

my first thought was that the hair had been bleached so much that it was damaged and she needed to grow it out, and that she didn't want to cut the length.

11. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

12. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I've only seen her show a couple of times; but, yes!
    I didn't watch the results. I had no desire to see Chris Brown.

13. danceronice

14. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I must be part of your generation. We called it root rot.

15. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

16. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Let's hope it's a trend that passes quickly because it looks ridiculous. :rolleyes:

17. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I was watching a recap of last night on youtube and Brooke's outfit was described as an awful weatherstained tablecloth with a cheap nylon Pocohantas wig (w/ bangs b/c she's over 40). :rofl:

18. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Because I <3 him, and they're trying to torture me :drama:

He reminds me a little of Will Smith, one of the most beautiful men on the planet.

It really annoys me how much Chelsea Kane keeps mentioning how young she and Mark Ballas are, because both Romeo and Chelsie Hightower are both younger (1989) than either Kane (1988) or Ballas (1986).

Is he the cute Irish guy?

Word.

I adore Kirstie Alley (Max Chmerkovskiy, not so much) and Ralph Macchio, but I love Hines Ward with Kym Johnson. They perform like grown-ups and they are :smokin: together. I thought it was really great that both Ward and Chris Jericho really took trying to learn to hold their frames seriously, and their partner/choreographers made them work it.

Sugar Ray Leonard, who seems to have such humility about doing this, during elimination didn't realize that they eliminated Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer when they announced that couple second. The camera caught him as he looked at his partner and asked her "What just happened" :lol:

19. danceronice

Lol, you are not the first to put like that! ;) To be honest, not my type, but he is SO NICE, and he's a great dancer! Nice accent, too, if you like Dublin Irish. (Though I never knew there was a step in cha-cha called 't'ree t'rees'...)

20. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Carrie Ann Inaba accepted a marriage proposal on "Live with Regis and Kelly" today while she was guest subbing for Kelly Ripa. There's a link to the video of the lead-up and proposal in the Washington Post story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-kelly/2011/03/31/AFjkks9B_blog.html?hpid=z10

21. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I have ombre hair. :slinkaway And I have to say, Lacey's hair is not ombre. It's root rot. Ombre is a very specific style where it's supposed to be very gradual from dark to light and be within three shades your natural hair color. Mine goes from light brown to a dark champagne blonde, and I lurrrves it. It's also short, so the blonde frames my face, but the brown at the top gives some depth to it. It's also done on all layers of my hair, not just the top, which is just tacky. If you can't bother with all of your hair, don't bother at all. :drama:

Congrats to Carrie Ann Inaba. I hope though he had the sense to really propose in private--I've never understood the appeal of public proposals, unless the guy is really afraid she'll say no. Though the accent forgives A LOT.

I wonder if we'll be seeing lots of wedding/proposal-themed dances this season.

22. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

20 years ago I dyed my hair red, let it grow out several inches and then bleached the roots. At least the red hair was not so noticeably different from my real hair color, so while growing it out it wasn't so jarring. And afterwards, it looked deliberate. But...I didn't have a job where my looks/packaging was a significant portion of the job performance. And I did my hair myself - the idea of spending hundreds of $$ to look like you haven't been to a hairdresser in 6 months is hilarious.

And the color choice doesn't address the rattiness of the hair :drama:

23. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Cheryl Burke and Chris Jericho were on The Joy Behar show tonight. The first segment was Cheryl talking about the Chris Brown performance. She was really well spoken and wasn't talking about him directly so much as she was talking generally about young women getting into abusive relationships and how to get out of them. She talked about how her own poor self esteem led her into some bad relationships as a teen and she came across very well.