DWTS 3/21 Season Opener (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Garden Kitty, Mar 21, 2011.

1. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Petra was lovely. She looked beautiful and classy (unlike Kendra, who's pretty in her own way but kinda trashy at the same time :D ). I hope she and Dimitri stay for a while.

DJ dude was awful. Are some people really incapable of fluid movement or was he simply nervous and self-conscious?

Ralph was ok. I wasn't overblown by his performance. Reminded me of a poor man Evan Lysacek.

Jericho was funny too watch. Kudos to him for going all out for it though.

This could be Mak's season to win. Kristi was great in her dancing. She's not yet annoying with her comedy ... but there's still time.

Disney girl was pleasant but forgettable.

Kendra tried too hard. I think Louis gave her too much choreography. He should've ease up on it for the fist time out.

2. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Almost totally forgettable, and it will be her downfall. I don't think she'll last very long, but isn't that usually the way with Disney girls?

3. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

What Disney girls have there been before? Or is that a broad statement, not specifically referring to DWTS?

The Disney boys have done well.

4. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Monique Colemen and Sabrina Bryan, the latter of which was one of the biggest shocking eliminations they've had over the years.

I really liked Chelsea, I didn't find her forgettable at all.

5. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:eek: Kirstie is 60?!! Looks fantastic - everyone should be such a butt of jokes. Looking forward to her getting into shape

... judging by that clip of her self-effacing humor and charm :)lol: "if I had to haul ass, it would take two trips") and her performance (isn't hers one of DWTS's best first-week performances?), Kirstie seems like she should be around a while to do that. :kickass:

Radio guy was also pretty self-effacingi: Said on my LA morning drive show that he fully expects to be offed first, because he was really bad and because he's the "least 'star' star" the show has ever casted.

6. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Chelsea was also up first in the show. Two-hours is a long time for a viewer to remember every single dancer. That is one of the reasons they tend to switch the dancers order each week. I'm not ready to write her off as forgettable yet. She held her own and stayed toward the middle of the pack. Unless you're really stellar, that's the best you can do going first.

Kendra has some natural ability and should do better if she stays. Louis is a bit notorious for giving his partners too much choreography. He did that with Monique Coleman and the poor girl struggled at times to keep up. I'm hoping he doesn't keep that pace up with Kendra, as she can certainly do better than she did but not if she gets frustrated with his expectations.

deltask8er and (deleted member) like this.
  7. pixie cut

Ah yes, Monique from High School Musical. She did well. Final four. Totally fair.

I just think of Sabrina Bryan as Cheetah Girl. I forget it was a Disney show. Yes, a shocking elimination, but in watching her clips since then, she really didn't dance with much finesse. She kind of plowed through everything.

8. soxxy

soxxy Guest

ABC is repeating Monday's episode tonight (Sat.) at 8pm EDT.

Kirstie said on the Tonight Show she and Max will dance
    the Quickstep
    on Monday.

9. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Apparently George Lopez commented that Kirstie looked like a pig and made several fat jokes. He then offered to apologise when the feedback wasn't amused. She tweeted that she didn't want or need his apology but on behalf of women everywhere she'd take back that kidney his ex wife gave him. He divorced her a few years after he got the kidney. Rock on Kirstie.

10. pixie cut

It's not a spoiler. Everyone who did the cha cha is doing the quickstep and everyone who did the foxtrot is doing the jive.

11. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

THANK YOU for posting this! :respec: I just now read it and switched over just in time to see Kirstie. I didn't watch the show the first time around, but wish I had, because EVERYONE was talking about Kirstie - the news, the people at work, my friends - so glad I finally got to see her. She was fab, and ITA with Beefcake's remarks about her (see above).

I gave Kirstie an 8. :glamor:

12. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Good thing that George is such a perfect specimen :shuffle:, so his comments carry mucho gravitas.

But, kudos to him for pushing Kirstie further into the public's open arms ... and to Kirstie for her follow-up tweets forgiving George and thanking him for his apologies and flower bouquet. (She's no dummy ... versus going full-on Rosie O'Donnell on Lopez, playing :saint: will maintain this swell of public adoration.)

13. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Yes. That would be me. Kate G. would kick my azz on the dance floor! :lol: :rofl: