Dube and Wolfe retire

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Habs, Jan 9, 2013.

1. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

:( So many unfortunate and sad news lately. I wish them the best of luck!

2. puglover

puglover Active Member

I am sorry to hear this. There has always been a lot about Jessica's skating I admired and I thought they looked good together. It does seem to have been a rather sad few months - makes you realize you can't assume anything. It is hard to tell from a press release but it sounds like they both have plans and are ready to move forward yet still stay involved in the sport they love - all the best.

3. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

No one in particular. I know ice dancing is different, but there is a now defunct US dance team who when I first saw them were a 17-year old with her mid-20's former coach, who came out of retirement because she couldn't find a partner, and she was more than an average talent. He re-retired !fter their split, and while I may be mistaken, I thought I saw his name in US qualifying rounds this year.

Wolfe may want to team up later with someone who's not on the radar yet.

ETA: I just found the list of US qualifiers for Nationals, and the skater is Nick Traxler, who with his partner Kristen Nardozzo, placed third at Midwesterns. His old partner was Charlotte Maxwell, with whom he won a bronze at Karl Schaefer in 2008.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  4. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

^
    Maybe Julianne Seguin, if she wants to return to pairs at some point.

5. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of their retirement, but I wish them both much success in their future plans.

6. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Good luck Wolfe and Dube. Wish you all success in your next phase of your life.

7. The Observer

The Observer New Member

I'll second that request. :lol:

8. La La Candy

La La Candy New Member

I'm sorry to hear this. I really enjoyed Jessica's skating over the years and thought Wolfe was coming along very well. Best wishes to these 2 in their future paths!

9. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

i'm glad that they are going in the direction of retirement. I think that some athletes are unrealistic about the whole picture and stick around too long. There is nothing wrong with the decision and they might feel relieved sooner than later. I do wish them the best

10. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

My you are tightly wound.

Yes I hope she feels relieved.

She is a beautiful woman, and I enjoyed her performances as a singles skater in the 2010-2011 season. She is one of those pairs competitors who has the presence to carry the audience by herself.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  11. icellist

icellist Member

I remember a Canadian girl who only has the 3T, 3S and 3L. She's very slight and of asian descent. She doesn't have that much success as a single skater but could do very well in pairs. Kitty Qian?

12. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

And the winner of this week's "Pot Calling the Kettle Black" award is.....

TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  13. chanunderrated

chanunderrated Member

Why ever retire. He is so young.

14. chanunderrated

chanunderrated Member

He was young enough to go for another 2 Olympics maybe. Is it that hard to find good female partners in Canada. I thought Canada was a country that had tons of available pairs skaters.

15. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

The original article mentions it was Wolfe who helped Jessica make the decision to retire. The article went on to say, they both felt it was the right time. I didn't get the impression he was disappointed, and wanted to continue without Jessica.

16. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:rofl:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to overedge again."

Best wishes for success and happiness to both Jessica and Sebastien in their future endeavors...

Of course, at 6'2", if he decided to keep skating, surely he would be tall enough to partner Caitlyn Yankowskas, should she decide to become a Canadian (or vice versa) :saint:

That would be a pairing that would surely bring the :glamor: :grope:...

;)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  17. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Or :drama:

18. The Observer

The Observer New Member

I wondered the same thing about Lenny Faustino when he retired early a few years back. He had a lot in common with Wolfe (6'2, good skater, young etc.). But sometimes it's hard to find someone at your level and to arrange all the other ducks in line too (eg. find the right coach, get the funding, figure out which city to train in etc.)