Does Mirai Nagasu have the talent to catch/pass Mao or Yu Na?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by olympic, Jul 28, 2010.

1. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I agree that Miki is always overmarked in PCS. Sometimes she is dealt some unfair downgrades on jumps, but her PCS have almost always higher than what she deserves.

2. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I agree, and I'm not even a huge Phaneuf fan or anything.

Nope, not just you.

3. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Lepisto was correctly behind the others on basic TES and correctly ahead on PCS and GOE.

Ando was sloppy and way too gifted on PCS in both programs to even think wuzrobbed. Kostner was shaky throughout. Makarova was green and her jumps were front loaded.

The only argument I could make for bronze other than Lepisto was for Phaneuf, but all of you who only care about jumps need to realise that Lepisto's program has more musicality, more complexity and more maturity than Ando, Makarova, Kostner and Phaneuf combined - and that's also because 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 0.

4. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Really? Her program was somehow even more empty in terms of choreography and transitions than Ando's and her set up time for her jumps, especially the 3loop was like a delayed airplane take off.

hanca and (deleted member) like this.
  5. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Her PCS was only 58 in the LP, which I thought was fair. Her basic skating is great, she's just lacking a little in the performance/execution and interpretation areas.

6. Fallcolor

Fallcolor New Member

IMO:
    Mirai has the potential to be among the top. But i think she needs to work on more sophistication, maturity, confidence, something that is evident in the older ladies (Lepisto) and the top ones like Kim/Asada. of the US ladies, most fun to watch, but she is only 16 and her youthful exerubance does show in her skating. She needs more experience on the world scene to gain more maturity i think.