Does anyone here own the Target version of Adele's "21" CD?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by John 3 17, Mar 13, 2012.

1. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

So, Target has an exclusive verison of "21", it comes with a bonus CD with four songs on it... but, it's packaged very differently than the standard edition (no hard jewel case, just paper) and I was wondering if it comes with the liner notes/booklet that the regular version has? Thanks in advance for any info, it's terribly appreciated!

-Bridget :)
  2. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

I bought my copy at Target, but that was a while ago. There's only one bonus track on it and it comes in the hard jewel case.
  3. John 3 17

Yeah, this one's only been available since around the time of the Grammy's and as much as I'd like the four bonus tracks, I'd rather know if there's notes first! *sigh*, I don't understand the plainer packaging since it's $2 more than the standard; there ought to be a jewel case with a paper sleeve for the seperate bonus cd (that's how it's usually done).
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

People still buy CDs? :eek:
  5. John 3 17

LOL :lol: yes, I listen to them on my Sony cd Walkman and I love me some liner notes!
  6. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Yes, people still buy CDs. I do, even though they promptly get ripped into the computer and the files transfered onto the MP3 player as soon as the wrapping comes off. IMO, it's better to have my music in a hard copy format, than to just purchase the tracks online and store them as files that can become corrupted through one happenstance or another. I've had 2 workplace hard drives crash to the point of no return and thus lost all of the files (that's why my job switched over to a company-wide server and "thin clients").
  7. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Can't answer for this CD, but I do own several CDs that came in paper/cardboard packaging instead of a jewel case -- and did have liner notes. So the packaging type doesn't preclude notes.

Why not go to a Target store and ask someone in the AV dept if you can open a package? They should have a shrinkwrap machine so can re-wrap it if you end up not buying it. And they do seem to pride themselves on good customer service.
  8. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

As a Target employee, I can tell you that we don't have a shrink wrap machine and even if we did, it wouldn't work on a CD because the sticker seal would be broken and you can't sell or even return a CD after that due to copyright laws.
  9. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Okeydoke. I stand corrected.
  10. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

yep. I've downloaded a couple of songs on itunes, but have found if I'm making a cd for someone else, itunes songs don't record that well. I had two performances that used cds I'd burned with a mix of mp3s from cds I owned and itunes for songs I either couldn't find cds for or were too expensive for just the one song - and in both cases there were playback problems (on the itunes songs only) during performances :wall:
  11. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Hehe. Believe it or not, the majority of album sales still come from physical CD's. Digital singles dominate over physical singles...if you can even find them anymore. Physical albums outsell digital albums probably 4:1 on average, maybe even more.
  12. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Of course, for the car!
  13. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I would have thought that "Deluxe" means you get the liner notes, but hard to say for sure.

I would think someone at Target would either know or could find out; I mean, it is their exclusive product.

Good luck!!!
  14. Christina

Christina Well-Known Member

I've got it. It does have the booklet thingy that comes with a regular CD. Is that what you meant? The four extra tracks are good, as well.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Stuck in the 90s I see. ;)

Not in the UK they don't.

That's because physical singles aren't released any more (save for limited edition/white label releases ofc). :p

A booklet is generally always included in any version of a physical album.

Deluxe means that there's something extra added, usually one or two songs or a video.
  16. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

Last year in the UK 86.2 million album CDs were sold (down on 2010)compared with 26.6 million downloaded albums (increase on 2010) although overall figures were down. And there was a surprising - to me :) - increase in vinyl albums.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/.../Sales-of-vinyl-albums-rise-as-CDs-slump.html