Doctor Who: The Capaldi Variation

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by znachki, Jan 27, 2014.

1. znachki

znachki Active Member

2. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

3. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

I get a very third doctor vibe with this.

4. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Oooh, I like it! Especially that flash of red. Very dashing.

5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Why is the Doctor always so dressed up? He's always having crazy adventures where he has to run from enemies--you'd think after, what 1100 years, he'd get more practical and just put on a t-shirt and sweats and sneakers.

6. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

I did kind of like Eccleston's outfit for that reason. He was a very low-key looking Doctor.

7. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014...rt-analyses-peter-capaldis-new-skinhead-style

Deconstructing Doctor Who: a fashion expert analyses Peter Capaldi's new skinhead style

"It’s about being clean and well-turned out, but also quite hard," says Stylist's Anna Fielding

Anna Fielding
    2:34 PM, 28 January 2014

EDIT:

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/galleries/9014-doctor-who-first-pic-peter-capaldis-costume-revealed

'Doctor Who' first pic: Peter Capaldi’s costume revealed
    Monday, 27 January 2014 18:59 William Martin

EDIT2: An even CLOSER LOOK at his costume! :lol:

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/galleries/9025-peter-capaldis-doctor-who-costume-examined

Peter Capaldi’s 'Doctor Who' costume examined up close
    Tuesday, 28 January 2014 12:37
    Rob Smedley

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  8. Sofia Alexandra

Sofia Alexandra Well-Known Member

I wasn't too impressed at first, but then I read Capaldi's comment about the look, and thought "yeah I guess that works". Still waiting for my 100% punk Doctor though. :p

9. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Now THAT looks like a Doctor! I love the red-lining nod to Three, and that it was a conscious choice to get rid of the tie for this look.

I'm waiting for the explanation why he choose to look like the man he saved in Pompeii this time. (There is precedent for Time Lords choosing their appearance-Romana picked her look based on "someone they'd met", as an in-universe excuse for casting an actress they had already used for another part.) Off the wall theory: he was a 'paterfamilias' and this round the Doctor plans to take on a more paternal role?

10. Sofia Alexandra

I've come across some rumours saying that Twelve will return to Pompeii in the first episode of series 8. Don't know if there's any truth to it, but we'll see. If he does, I really hope we get at least one glimpse of Donna...

Also, I wonder of black Doc Marten's are going to be the new Converse among Whovians. :)

11. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Apparently according to the comments the article's wrong, they're another brand of shoes. (I know nothing about shoes. They just look like shoes to me.) I'd expect the coat to be the hot item except I suspect cosplayers will be sewing their own as the real one he's wearing retails for about $1750 US. BEFORE they picked it for Doctor Who.

12. Sofia Alexandra

Hmm, I thought they didn't look like any DM's I've seen, but I'm hardly a shoe expert, so I didn't think too much about it. Still look like pretty good stomping boots, though. :)

13. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

14. znachki

znachki Active Member

Figured that would happen