Do you sometimes fantasize about....

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by FSWer, Jun 2, 2011.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,I was wondering if anyone else here besides me sometimes fantasizes about being like or as good as other young skaters they have seen compete?

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about Brian Joubert....sorry...

:shuffle:

HisWeirness and (deleted member) like this.
  3. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

HAHAHA

you mean because he's hot? :rofl:

4. Blair

Blair New Member

Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  5. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

6. pumpa

pumpa New Member

Thank you for that! I have been lurking forever and NEVER post. THIS was certainly enough to get me to contribute though! I hate to even ask why he needs to be using this machine in his underwear....because in all reality, WHO CARES about such practical questions! :swoon:

7. Blair

Blair New Member

Who knows why he did it or why anyone would need to use such a machine, but I think we have his "kinésithérepeute" Jean to thank for it ;)

THANK YOU JEAN, wherever you are.

8. pumpa

pumpa New Member

Yes, HUGE thanks to Jean! I'm a therapist and we use something similar for people with balance deficits for balance training. Usually little old ladies (at least where I work), but they certainly don't use those poses or do it in their underwear! Hmmmm....maybe I need to open my own business, become a "kinésithérepeute". ;)

9. os168

os168 Active Member

:lol:

I am so dissapointed! Was looking forward to read some fanfic :swoon:

And instead I got visual spam, darn fine, thanks camera man/woman.

------

Back on thread: May be the question should be which young skaters inspired you want to be good at skating? Mine was the Kwan :p (tried and failed, give up in 2 years) And now days, Yuna :D (didn't even bother trying)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  10. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Is there a video of Brian in a sling? Not his arm either.

11. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Hmm...good question (to get back on topic- ugh) not really, to be honest. But I have had "fantasies" about being best-in-class in other sports at times- mainly basketball and golf.

I do wonder what it feels like to perform a jump on the ice, though- as a non-skater I'm curious.

12. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

When I was little, I had daydreams about being as good a skater as Carol Heiss.

As an adult, it's been mostly golf for me. I fantasize about playing a particular par 5 from the tips against the course braggart. I hit a driver over the bunker right, and it rolls out about 50 yards leaving 240 to the pin. Hit a good 3 hybrid to 4" past the hole and kick it in. Game, set, match. Of course, my real self plays that hole as a par 6.

13. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Occasionally when watching the NFL I've pictured myself on the field with my team down, time running out, delivering the winning TD pass :D

Or this: playing QB position for my favorite team, leading them to multiple SBs :)

14. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

For me, it was definitely Kristi Yamaguchi. Although I was so tiny as a kid I probably would have done well in pairs- I always loved watching pairs. Even now I'm only 5'0 tall (if I can lose about 20 lbs I'm going to ask my coach to teach me to do a death spiral, that's another dream of mine, but I'm too fat for pairs now.)

Nowadays, Alissa and Mirai are my inspiration. I'd love to skate with such grace. I never really dream about jumping like the elites (although even half of that would be an amazing improvement over my tiny jumps) but I do dream of spinning like them. My spins are better than my jumps, but nothing to write home about. I dream of a fast backspin, and a blur scratch spin. That would be amazing.

15. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

You always have your mind on Joubert and that workout video.

16. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I am inspired at every skating event I go to, no matter the age (very young or very...experienced!). It could be one jump or one spin or even a brief moment of musicality that grabs my attention, and that's enough. Just that brief thought of "wow" makes me wonder how long it'd take me to be able to do something like that. :D

Great thread! (But you set yourself up for the thread going WAY off-topic with your title.)

VALuvsMKwan and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Being spanked by my favorite lady skater? ~singing~ I'm not gonna tell!

18. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Fumie spanks? Who knew...

19. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Ruh roh. :D

20. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Oh trust me, my mind is not on his workout video :slinkaway