Do you like donuts (doughnuts)? Which ones?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Vash01, Sep 15, 2011.

1. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Question for all of you...do you prefer yeast donuts or cake donuts?

2. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

Definitely cake.

3. JAF

JAF Well-Known Member

60% cake :swoon:
    40% yeast :swoon:
    :)

4. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I'm not really a donut fan, but I will eat one occasionally. However, since I've been in charge of ordering the donuts for the monthly "Donut Day" at work, I've eaten more in the past year than in the previous decade. :shuffle: I definitely prefer the cake to the raised/yeast kind and I like them pretty plain -- if they have cinnamon sugar on them that's my favorite. We order from a local grocery, Schnuck's (a regional chain here in the midwest), and I always order "an assortment" but specify that at least 4 dozen (of the 20 dozen) be cake donuts. Although, last month they had raspberry filled donuts, and I had one of them for the first time since I was in college. It was very, very good. :swoon: :lol:

Driving through New York state on our way to Vermont, we stopped at one of the thruway rest areas and got something to eat at the Tim Horton's there. I have never stood in a sloooooower fast food line in my life -- my bil took one look at the line and headed for the burger place (they were featuring something called the "Big Buford" :lol:. Anyway, he had placed his order, gotten his food, and finished eating before my sister and I had even placed our order. The sandwich I eventually got was fine, but the wait was ridiculous. I never did sample their donuts, but I got a muffin which was still very good when I got around to eating it 2 days later.
    Maybe the service is better/quicker in non-highway Tim Horton's?

ETA: Krispy Kreme donuts are way too sweet! :scream: