Do you believe that you yourself would be better at Ice-Dancing or Pairs Skating?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by FSWer, Oct 15, 2010.

?

Which do you believe that you yourself would be better at?

1. Pairs Skating

28.9%
  2. Ice-Dancing

71.1%
  1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok...what I want to ask you all today is...just from what you believe from knowing about yourself...do you believe that you would make a better Pairs Skater or Ice-Dancer? Please include thereason for your vote and why you'd think you'd be better at your choice. As well as which one you would actually love to do more given a choice. Or both if you would want to do both. For example....

I voted for Ice-Dancer...and here's why.....Because I have found myself to be a natual on Ice with being able to Dance (at least alone) LOL. So even though I tripped over my Partners feet in a Public Skate. I do beleive I do find myself being able to Ice-Dance very well indeed. If I was trained. All because of my gift to Dance.

Given a choice I myself would love to do both!!! As there both 2 of my fav. Disciplines.

Ok people...GO!!!!!!
  2. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I chose ice dance because I think I'm too old to do triple jumps (let alone double jumps)! Although (level 4) twizzles could be the death of me, too...
    RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  3. seaner00

seaner00 New Member

I would find the twizzles hard but I love the choreography that goes into Dance compared to Pairs.
    But Pairs would be for me I think since I'm 22 and I think by now I would be able to do jumps and lift my partner.
  4. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I honestly can't decide. I do both.. but only singles competitively. I like both and don't really even think I'm better at one over the other.
  5. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

Pairs Skating for sure!!

because first, I hate doing dance. I love to watch but not to do it myself. I am not able to do twizzles more than one rotation so forget about ice dancing lol.

I love so much to do jumps and spins and I did some pairs skating with my coach last season. We practiced a throw waltz jump, an easy lift and side by side spins, so I know what it is to skate in pairs.
    I am also small(somewhere between Anabelle Langlois and Jamie Salé) so I could be a pair skater. Each year, at the club's show, they take me for the lifts in our number lol. I wish I would have started skating when I was a kid instead of a few years ago.
  6. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Dance cuz I'm too old to jump too plus don't need be thrown in the air thx. But I do wish I could be like Elena and Anton :)
  7. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Definately Pairs skating!

:cheer:
  8. IneZR

IneZR New Member

Dance. Coz I am too tall to be a female pair skater.:D
  9. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Um... why is it in GSD and not Trash Can?
  10. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

I'm too tall (1.69 m) for Pairs so I went with Ice Dance :)
  11. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I can pretty much guarantee I would be better at pairs skating. I know for sure I am *not* good at ice dance. I have done some pairs throw jumps and LOVED them. Whee! But I would have to find someone about 7 feet tall with superhman lifting strength to be my partner, and I don't think that person exists.
  12. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Well, I am already an ice dancer. For obious reason : I'm fascinated by edges. :)
    My partner thinks like me, so, we never tried any throw jump. Just some spins together. But now, there are spins in ice dancing !
  13. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Errr . . . in which category do I fit if I want to be like the Protopopovs :swoon:
  14. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Ice dancing. There's not a person in the world I would trust to lift me. Fear of heights + not a trusting person = extremely bad pairs skater.
  15. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I voted for ice dancing because I definately wouldn't want to do the high lifts that they do in pairs... :eek:
  16. Ituriel

Ituriel Member

If I could reincarnate, I want to be ice dancer :lol:
  17. vmfan89

vmfan89 New Member

This one is easy for me. I am way to tall to be a pairs skater!
  18. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Ice dancing for sure. I quit figure skating when I was younger since I just couldn't jump. Since I'm close to 140 lbs, I'm also too heavy for pairs.. probably too tall too.
  19. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Pairs, probably. At slightly under 5'2", I'm short enough and I don't fear heights at all. But really, I'm not built like a skater at all. My boobs are too big and they'll be too big no matter how much weight I lose :lol:
  20. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I'm 4'11".

Pairs. :p
  21. azskatefan

azskatefan New Member

Good luck to whoever my partner is in either!
  22. mishieru07

mishieru07 New Member

:rofl: Ditto!

Definitely dance. I'm too tall to be a pairs skater and jumps don't interest me. :p
  23. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I definitely would not be good at either sport, but I'd have a marginally better shot at ice dance! :)