Do You Believe In Past Lives / Reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Oct 19, 2013.

?

Do You Believe In Past Lives / Reincarnation?

1. No...We Get One Life and One Life Only

45 vote(s)
    58.4%
  2. Yes, For Sure!!

14 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I'm With PeterG (100% Undecided)

18 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

For my dog, its food, sleep, walking, and any little animals that may be in the vicinity...

2. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

Yes, and I don't see that life force is contingent upon higher thinking skills. (If religious people thought that, then there would be no controversy over abortion and euthanasia.) So I have no line to draw - ants could have a life force similar to humans.

3. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

This thread reminded me of the JD Salinger short story on the subject: Teddy.

4. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Interestingly, animals have mastered living in the moment, while we humans have not. They live naturally in a state that humans strive to emulate through endless hours of meditation. And, living in the moment is a state that is considered to be spiritual at a high level.

5. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

I don't think they've mastered it, its all they know, although animals, mammals at least do have memory and aren't completely confined to the present moment.

Humans are blessed with incredible brains that allow us, in our imaginations, to explore the past and the future and entirely made up worlds. As I see it, living in the moment for a human is living with that amazing brain that allows us to remember and project and imagine.

6. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I was told I was a witch in my past life...and got burned at the stake...2x And no, it was not by some evil ex!!

7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Very few witches were actually burned at the stake. Of course, some were, so if you did indeed have a past life then it is possible but that tells me that someone had not done their research before going to work as a con-artist.

8. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

:lol: How unfortunate. :p

9. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I find it kind of funny that I obviously didn't learn the first time, LOL! And to further amuse myself with that I like to think that since I am a big fan of nature and natural remedies now, then maybe I was up to that sort of thing back then and maybe that's what got me "into trouble"... :D Yes, some people do like to scam but I find my "story" to be entertaining at least :)

10. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

After a few beers, maybe, ;)

11. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Did witches (as we see them now, anyway) ever really exist? Or were they simply women who didn't live by the expectations others tried to force upon them? (And maybe some of them were women who practised alternative medicines...which somehow threatened others to the point that they wanted to murder these women.)

hanca and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Andrushka

Andrushka New Member

I believe we live once and after that is the afterlife for eternity.

13. Andrushka

Andrushka New Member

There were actually people who practiced witchcraft,however,for the most part,most of the people who were killed for witchcraft were largely just people accused by some nut case or jealous person,someone who practices alternative medicine or just something with a keen sense of intuition or just out spoken.I probably would've been amongst them if I lived then lol

14. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

What do you believe afterlife is?