Do Women Really Like Musicians That Much?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rex, Dec 4, 2010.

1. SharonDudd

SharonDudd New Member

numbers!! I'm stunned!! Only kidding!

I think that I've been one who associates certain songs and singers to certain events in my life and what makes them memorable or more prone to be forgotten.

OK, I am OFFICIALLY OLD!! I read the posts (and even granting that I am dyslexic) I read that as "Fred MacMurray" of the old My Three Sons sitcom!! GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!! :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

2. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Uncle Charley was hot.

3. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:rofl:

4. SharonDudd

SharonDudd New Member

Does anyone else remember the character from Good Morning Vietnam, owned a bar or restaurant and he was always looking for nude pictures of Walter Brennan? Yes, THAT Walter Brennan! (really, really scary)

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I remember that guy. :lol: Thank God that was played for laughs.

Ok, who liked Bobby Goldsboro and David & Shaun Cassidy?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  6. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

raises hand :shuffle: And David was recently arrested for DUI

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  7. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

I was in love with Taylor Hanson, Justin Timberlake, and Nick Carter when I was in elementary school, haha. That was my hardcore teenybopper phase. I will say that any guy who has a nice voice automatically makes them more attractive, in my eyes, but not necessarily because I like musicians but because it means that they're talented. I mean, Darren Criss was already cute, but once he did "Teenage Dream," you know that all of the girls/women just swooned. I guess for famous musicians, yes, it's because they're passionate about it too. However, I also think that having a British accent automatically makes you more attractive as well. :lol:

Adam Lambert is gay, but the majority of his fanbase is female. For the fans who are also interested in him physically, I don't think his true sexuality really matters, just that he has a dick. :lol: He regularly does a cover of T.Rex's/Placebo's "20th Century Boy" where he basically wails out, "I wanna be your man. I wanna be your toy, your 20th century boy." The audience goes apeshit. I think there's also the fact that if it's a really lucky day, he will in fact kiss you, whether you're a boy (5:20) or a girl (4:10). In addition to this, there are also the women who think they can turn him. :facepalm:

I think it's pretty much all just the fantasy that the women love. The musician looks larger than life up there on the stage. He's talented and passionate about doing it. Being a musician also makes you seem more sensitive. The majority of songs are about love, so whether or not you're 15 and look like a lesbian ("Baby, baby, baby, I thought you'd always be mine") or a crooner ("Girl, you're amazing, just the way you are") or an old rocker ("Feel my serpentine"), they're talking directly to women and they're starring usually as themselves. That's not the case with actors.

8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Is he aging well at least?

9. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I am one of his fans, but it is not his dick that makes me a fan :rolleyes:. He has an excellent voice and stage presence.

REX - let's just say the police vid camera was not flattering towards Mr. Cassidy

10. SharonDudd

SharonDudd New Member

me, too for the Bobby Goldsboro (for only a brief moment in time) and Shaun looks pretty good.

Now, where else in the world would we start out asking about if women like musicians and end up talking about Walter Brennan and Uncle Charley? Only at FSU!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Oh, those bowl haircuts....

12. cailuj365

I'm sorry, I wasn't referring to all his fans. I'm a huge fan too, and yes, he does have an excellent voice (nominated for a Grammy!) and stage presence (as you can see from the video I posted). I was referring to the minority of hysterical fans who fantasize about him, the kind that the original poster was referring to. You know, the ones who claim body parts. Or even if they're not hysterical, but just have a crush and think he's hot. The fact that women have an intense attraction to musicians is not new, and it doesn't matter even if the guy is gay.

13. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

14. cailuj365

15. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

16. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Have you ever seen Sleater Kinney live...that might work out for you :)

17. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Yeah, women who travel across the planet to see certain bands are just ridiculous. What's up with that?

:shuffle:

(I will say that, prior to their new album, 30 Seconds to Mars were very accessible to their fans, so you got a great show and you got to talk to the guys. Or, in my case, talk to Shannon Leto and run away from Jared. Because I'm a twit.)

Are you saying he ISN'T going to change for me? :drama:

;)

18. nyrak

nyrak Active Member

Glad I'm not the only one! Larry Mullen is hot! :D

19. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

I was married to one so my answer to the question is...um, no!

20. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Word. Imagine THAT ;).

Oh, he'll turn, dear, but only over.

:D.

21. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow Well-Known Member

They played your man on the radio a few days ago and I was thinking of you :)

(Thinking of someone who you don't know what they look like is kinda odd...)

22. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Does having a crush on a classmate because he's an amazing musician at the age of 16 count? If it does - am one of the females who have crushes on the musicians :p

Rehearsing with Percadu is a real test for one's powers - they are amazing musicians, HOT and generally good guys. Think half of the choir (both females and gays) are :swoon: over them. Yours truly included:)

23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I think this is often the case, plus the bad boy/tortured soul image that many women are attracted to, even if just a little bit sometimes.

I married a guitar player and 25 years later still find him :grope: even though these days he listens to music much more than he plays it. :)

Can't argue with you there.

24. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Franz Liszt had women fainting over him in the middle 19th century. He was very handsome, and when he gave piano concerts, he would enter, sit down at the piano, and proceed to take his white gloves off one finger at a time. he was said to have very beautiful, long-fingered hands. Women would scream and faint with each exposed finger. At least that's a story told by my music history professor! Franz was very good looking, depending on one's taste:

http://thrushadows.blogspot.com/2010/03/goth-classical-music-franz-liszt.html

I had a huge crush on a cellist in the Atlanta Symphony when I was in college. I worked at the Symphony, and this cellist also taught in the Music Department where I went to school. Cellos are shaped rather like the human body, and this guy was handsome and very, very poetic. Very passionate. I followed him around like a puppy. I'm sure he got a good laugh out of it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  25. SharonDudd

SharonDudd New Member

WHO KNEW?? Liszt did a finger by finger strip tease? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Holley: I'm sure he was very flattered by the admiration! Never quite thought of the cello, guitar and violin as in the same shape as the body but it's really true. If a man can make that inanimate object "sing" as they can do sometimes with that passion....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

LLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

:encore: :encore: :encore: :encore:

(SD faints at the very thought of how a man's fingers can caress the guitar strings)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  26. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

I think it's a generalization. No one from any group agrees with/believes in the same thing. I commented in another thread that it seems that for some reason people take a cross section of certain groups and uses those people to describe everyone. IMO This is one of those times.

I've heard other women comment about how "all us girls love the bad boys." I had a similar conversation with a woman I used to work with and when I said "not all women" she looked at me as if I had sprouted two heads.

Myself, I prefer more clean cut men. While I can appreciate the talent and music of the rock star types I've always wondered why some women seem to go batshit over them. As you said Rex, most are beyond nasty looking (scrawny and in need of delousing) and more importantly only seem to have a fleeting aquaintance with soap and water. :scream:

It is interesting that women in the entertainment industry have to be at least good enough looking to that the record/film companies can slather them in makeup so they look "hot" but many of the men are indeed busted. I suppose that's conversation for another thread.

27. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Yeah, did anyone ever call Janis Joplin sexy or beautiful??? But Jagger and Richards still pull women, many of them young enough to be their granddaughters.

I guess some of the "sex symbol" types like Madonna, Christina Aguilera and Beyonce have their male fans....

28. PrincessLeppard

From what I've heard, Janis didn't have any trouble finding men. :grope:

29. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:watch: You know I hate celeb gossip, but I'm willing to listen, you know, to get in the spirit of things...

30. PrincessLeppard

:sekret: According to lesbianlife.com, she was bisexual. :sekret: