Do MJ's songs more suit for EX than competition programs?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by luCN, Nov 25, 2010.

1. luCN

luCN New Member

We have seen many beautiful and exciting EX with MJ's songs.:D

This season,Verner and Florent use MJ melody as the LP.Their performance are good,and the audience all liked those LPs.:eek:

But I think these programs are mainly about the skater's show-ability and charming,the choreograph seems just so so.

Maybe MJ's songs are more suitful for a EX than a competion program?

What do you think?

2. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I think they can produce good competition programs. Plushenko's SP in the 2002 Oly was skated to MJ music. Bourne & Kratz used MJ medley for their FD in 2002 and that worked out OK (though not in terms of medals). Florent Amodio did really well with that music for his LP this year. It's really about how a skater can use the music to his/her advantage. There are several MJ ballads that could be used for competition also. It's just that majority of skaters go for classical music which is more traditional in competitions, instead of looking for music that suits their personality.

3. luCN

luCN New Member

em,I think MJ melody suits Amodio very much too,so does Verner,just think their choreograph can do better.

we need variety kinds of music to make the sports more attractive.

4. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I agree. Enough of Carmen, Don Quixote and Malaguena.

One thing I always admired about Stojko (though not his fan) was he chose music that suited him, rather than skate to the usual classical music. He mostly picked movie scores and it worked for him. I think he could have skated to MJ.