Disson Skating Shows

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by nursebetty, Oct 18, 2011.

1. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

I was just looking through the list and it looks like some of the men are in 4 or 5 shows (Steven, Michael, Ryan) and some are in only 1( Ilia, Kurt, Jeremy, Johnny). Let's just say one wanted to watch these shows, are we going to have to watch these guys skate the same programs over and over again. I would prefer to switch the order or have enough men for them to do only 2 shows.

2. roxynova

roxynova New Member

The thing about the Disson shows that most people don't realize is that the skaters are usually asked to come up with at least one new number per show, skating to the music of one of the guest artists. So no, I don't think you'll be subjected to the same number more than twice on the season. For instance with the Beatles show, those programs probably will not be repeated. Also, most skaters are in only one show likely as a result of scheduling conflicts - competitions, hosting shows, performing in other countries...not because they aren't invited. Just a few positive thoughts before this topic veers off into Disson bashing :)

3. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

Thanks, I'm not interested in any bashing. I do like watching the shows, was just disappointed when I saw some of the cast. Just seems like the same ones do SOI and the shows. Guess I need to find some different favorites.

4. azskatefan

azskatefan New Member

To the credit of Disson Skating shows, as roxynova mentioned, they are usually pretty closely tied to a theme so you really do not see the programs over and over. I was fortunate to go to three Disson shows (Improv, Skating and Gymnastics and Skate for the Heart I think it was) a couple years back. All were pretty different but the line-up was similar. They have live music, etc., and usually skate to that.

A lot of the skaters do have conflicts with the Disson shows because they're during the Grand Prix season. A couple seasons back, the shows were better, I think, because they started a little earlier in the fall and more skaters could do them.