Difficult or Effortless?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by essence_of_soy, Oct 19, 2011.

1. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Oh yesssssssssssssss

2. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Ooh, love the mention of B/S' transitions.

Chan may be inconsistent, but "Take Five" at Worlds was the textbook definition of effortless.

I think Virtue/Moir fit this too.

3. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

With all due respect to Japanese skaters, I find it interesting how they (eventually) win the boards though they never win polls. :p

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  4. calbskate

calbskate New Member

I agree with butyrskaya making it seem difficult to skate for most of the time when she was competing...but somehow she's one of my favorite skaters and her short program at 2000 worlds is still my favorite short program of the ladies...somehow she made that specific program seem effortless...miss her!

5. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

As in Kwan performing year after year in a way rarely seen today to only be called lazy ...

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

^^^
    This!

7. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Virtue and Moir. I was surprised how fast they were but made it look to smooth easy and effortless.

8. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

They also have an ease with one another that comes with the amount of time they have skated together. I appreciate this kind of ease from many longstanding partnerships.

9. os168

os168 Active Member

Master of anything require the greatest difficulties done effortlessly, then achieve the easier elements simply, purely, often with some aspect of signatured originality that makes the choreography the performer's own.

From the Brits present: John Curry, Robin Cousins, Torville and Dean doing the Bolero....enough said :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011