Did Katia Gordeeva really have an affair with Alexander Zulin?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by IceDreams18, Mar 3, 2012.

1. IceDreams18

IceDreams18 New Member

I just read that Katia Gordeeva had an affair with Alexander Zulin years ago, is this true?? I hadn't heard that before! I know about his affair with Oksana/Pasha Grishuk, but hadn't heard this.

2. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

i am gonna go with NO- but then again i did not believe the scott Hamilton katia rumors either....

3. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

You created an account to post this? Hmm....at the very least maybe you could tell us where you "just read this".

4. stanhope

stanhope Active Member

I think the rumor about Katia and Zhulin was actually started by Pasha - she mentioned it in some Russian tabloid interview a few years back. The time of the "alleged" affair was sometime in '91-'92 from what I remember reading. Since Katia and Sergei got married in 1991 and had Daria in 1992...I'm gonna go with NO on this rumor as well.

5. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Who didn't have an affair with Zhulin :drama:

6. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:...

7. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Me! :wuzrobbed:fragile:

Is he still accepting applications? :grope:

8. IceDreams18

IceDreams18 New Member

Overedge- I did not create an account to post this! I'm a big skating fan and created my account this weekend and had to wait for it to be validated. I just read this today, so my account had already been created. I read it here on this site below, but then I searched it and there are other places that mention it as well. Google it and other things will come up. I normally am not into gossip and controversy, but I read this and was shocked by it, so I wondered if it were true or if anyone else had heard that. I may not have believed it if it wasn't mentioned other places as well.

I read it here (and other places after I searched it). Under the article people commented about Katia and Zulin.

http://www.figureskatingmystery.com/2007/11/more-on-navka-zhulin.html

9. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Shouldn't this be in the Trash can?

10. loopey

loopey Well-Known Member

I know I did. It was HOT!

Unfortunately it ended rather abruptly... I woke up. :drama:

11. IceDreams18

IceDreams18 New Member

She admitted this in a tabloid?

12. stanhope

stanhope Active Member

I don't remember exactly where I read it, but I did read something a few years back and remember that the source was Pasha. If I can find it I'll put a link here. The timing for the Katia-Zhulin thing makes zero sense since Katia and Sergei were touring for most of 1991 and also got married and had a baby. Which is why I never believed it when I read it.

13. IceDreams18

IceDreams18 New Member

Thanks for saying if you find it, you'll post a link! Yes, I agree about the timing and was surprised to hear this.

14. IceDreams18

IceDreams18 New Member

15. stanhope

stanhope Active Member

16. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

What are the Katia/Scott Hamilton rumours someone mentioned (second post)?! I've never heard THAT one.

17. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Morosov. But I would have thought Zhulin would have been up his ally, being blonde.

Jem X and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Amy L

Amy L Well-Known Member

That was in an American tabloid around the time of Snowden on Ice in the mid/late 90s. Possibly one of the last times skating has ever made the tabloid radar in this country, lol.

19. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

:lol: I once skated a public session when Zhulin was coaching in his younger years and I must say it was difficult to stay focused on my own skating. :p

20. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I always wondered how Sergei and Katia had a blonde baby:lol:

21. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

By the same token who didn't have an affair with Pasha/Oksana :scream:

22. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

Well, alot of people can have blond babies. My parents did-ME! :D Maybe we're throwbacks? My late maternal grandfather was a blond.

Wasn't Katia herself blond as a child? I could swear I saw childhood photos of her as a blond-her hair just darkened over time.

23. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

no, it was sergei who was blond as a kid. katia may have had slightly lighter hair in her childhood, but sergei was definitely blond.

24. stanhope

stanhope Active Member

It doesn't look like Katia was blond as a child, but Sergei sure was!

ETA: I can't get the links to go to the actual pictures, so you'll just have to click on them yourself in that gallery!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  25. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I'm not sure Zhulin is a real blonde. ;)

26. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Well, all you have to do is look at Daria's smile to know she's Sergei's daughter.

27. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

Do we really need to go dumpster diving :shuffle:

And i hope this will end the discussion

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  28. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

An American tabloid? You mean the kind with space aliens landing in the swamp and cheesy photoshopping? That would explain it.

I doubt Zhulin minds people diving in his dumpster, we know Pasha doesn't.

29. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I can find sites on the Internet that tell me Obama is a Muslim, that all the moon landings were faked, and that Queen Elizabeth is part of a secret cabal of lizards in disguise that run the world. I'm not putting a lot of faith in the "there's some sites that talk about it so it must be true" perspective.

30. IceDreams18

IceDreams18 New Member

Yes, she looks so much like her dad! Daria is beautiful!