Detroit Skating Club Summer Show June 6-9

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by mysticchic, Apr 28, 2013.

1. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

DSC will be holding their annual show June 6-9. Weave and Poje, Alissa, Jeremy (I know he is skating Friday-Sunday), Davis and White (Saturday), Hubbell and Donahue, Becky Bereswell, Valentina, Nat and Fabian are a few of the skaters this year. Pretty much all the international skaters will skate in 1 or more of the shows. It's one of the biggest shows in the world. I will know closer to the date who will be skating what dates.
    here is a link to a past show http://dscclub.com/events/iceshow.php
    Also in the past, Taka, Akiko, Verner, Yuka Sato and others have skated in the show in the past 2 years.
    Tickets can be purchased though DSC and also there is a video of the show sold also. The video is 55.00 and has all the international skaters.
    If you plan on going, buy your tickets as soon as possible. There are only 350 seats.
    The profits go towards skater expenses.

Here is the link they just put up http://www.dscclub.com/events/iceshow/

Sale dates for advanced tickets:

Where: Detroit Skating Club, Administrative Office

Dates: May 20 - June 7 (Remaining tickets after June 7 will be sold at the door)

Office Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri - 9am - 7pm; Tue & Thu - 9am - 6pm; Sat - 9am - 1pm

Payment: Visa, MasterCard, check, or cash - telephone orders accepted at Ext. 101 (see below)

Ticket Prices:

Charity Tables
    Prime Center Mezzanine, seats four* - $300
    On-ice Front row, seats four* - $250
    On-ice Second row, seats four* - $200
    On-ice Third row, seats two - $100
    Bistro Mezzanine seating, each - $45
    5th seat available* - $30
    Numbered seating - center gold seats: Adults, seniors, and children $25.00
    Numbered seating - bleachers and open seating: Adults, seniors, and children $15.00

Show dates:

Show 1 - Thursday, June 6, 7:00pm
    Show 2 - Friday, June 7, 7:00pm
    Show 3 - Saturday, June 8, 1:00pm
    Show 4 - Saturday, June 8, 7:00pm
    Show 5 - Sunday, June 9, 2:00pm
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  2. mysticchic

They don't have an autograph session, but the skaters all hang out though during the show around the ice and in the lobby. They also have a group number for the guys (always funny) and a group number for all the ice dancers.
  3. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

4. N_Halifax

N_Halifax Active Member

Excellent cast! Hope someone catches it on video. ;)
  5. Sylvia

The DSC has updated their Ice Show page with show times and ticket info: http://www.dscclub.com/events/iceshow/
    From the latest DSC newsletter:
    "Gold seats at center ice ($25 each) and Bleacher seats ($15 each) will go on sale, May 20 at 9:00 am in the main office. Phone orders accepted at 248-332-3000 x101 with a Visa or MasterCard. Phone orders will be assigned to the best seats available and receive a confirmation return call within 24 hours of your order."
  6. mysticchic

Not confirmed on any skaters but Jeremy told me he is doing Fri-Sunday. It's mandatory for any skater who skates at DSC that is in town to do at least one show.
    I also updated my post, because DSC just put up the new website.
  7. tut88

tut88 New Member

Yes !!!!!!!!!!
  8. Sylvia

Just a reminder that advanced sale tickets went on sale today - refer to above posts for info (looks like P/B won't be skating now...).
  9. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

Out of curiosity, is this the final cast list or is it just those with confirmed dates so far?
  10. tut88

tut88 New Member

it seems YES !!!

Anyone going ??????
  11. mysticchic

Taka is skating Friday and Saturday also. DVDs are on sale for 55.00 right now and if you buy the DVD there is a 10.00 charge for 3 nights of webcast or 30.00 without the DVD. I might have some exciting news on special features of the DVD.
  12. rayhaneh

rayhaneh New Member

Do you, or anyone, know whether Taka will be skating in both shows on Saturday, or just one of those two?

Thanks!
  13. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Where in the website does it say that???

I want to buy the webcast!!!
  14. mysticchic

It doesn't. My company is doing the DVD/Webcast for the show and the show director emailed me to let me know Taka was skating Friday and Saturday. They have also added Katlyn and Jon-Luke and Mitch and Alex to the show. We have a need to know, for timing and blocking of the show.
  15. Sylvia

In case anyone isn't sure :), "Taka" = Kozuka (who is training at DSC now) and the 2 dance teams added to the show are Kaitlin Hawayek/Jean-Luc Baker (USA, returning to JGP) and Alexandra Paul/Mitchell Islam (CAN, received the Skate Canada GP host pick).
  16. lavenderblue

Which performances will be included in the webcast?
  17. mysticchic

18. mysticchic

Taka Skated tonight and will skate Friday night. The show is great! The men's program is amazing! Lots of fun and a lot of open seats! Your in for a treat and great seats.
  19. Sylvia

20. mysticchic

Don't forget tonight the webcast is live at 7PM Eastern time. This is Taka's last night and Jeremy will be there the rest of the week!! http://altramedia.com/iceshow/
  21. mysticchic

There are still many good general seats available for Sat. night and Sun. afternoon shows. Ticket sales help to aid the skaters funding. There are also charity benefit tables available rinkside-and they include wine, dinner, and of course front row seating. Saturday's show will benefit Grace Centers of Hope and FAR.
    Come out and see some great skating!
  22. blancanieves

blancanieves Member

It's 7:40 and the website says the stream is offline :(
  23. rosewood

rosewood plants lover

Thank you, Sylvia. Always you are the best!
    Kozuka doesn't look in good condition. I'm afraid his injury is still serious. Any reports are welcome. I'm so sad the streaming link doesn't work.:(
  24. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  25. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

Kozuka looked good to me Fri. night.
    Abbott too. But funny thing when he skated into the person "in the wings."

Can anyone tell me which "name" skaters performed in first half hr. I got in late.
    (Think I missed at least one dance couple. And were Hubbell/Donohue there at all?)
  26. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

It's dismaying to see Kozuka falling on 2 of the 3 jumps in his program. . . earnestly hoping he's OK. He always had really impressive skating skills, and his artistry has developed nicely in the last few years. It was sad to see him struggle last season.
  27. lavenderblue

Did the stream ever come through? I'm considering paying for it if I'm at home for tonight and tomorrow's performances, but I'm hoping to be certain that it will work before I do so.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  28. N_Halifax

N_Halifax Active Member

Definitely going to try to watch!
  29. blancanieves

blancanieves Member

No, but a message said that it'd be on for Saturday. Apparently, once you pay you have access to the stream for a week. So I'm guessing even if not live, you can see the performances afterwards. They're testing the stream right now, and even though the sound is off, the video seems fine. Hopefully, it'll work tonight.
  30. lavenderblue

Thanks, that's good to know, especially if anything gets archived!
  31. tut88

tut88 New Member

I donnìt think H/D skated
    she is still not at 100%
  32. Sylvia

33. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

Yes thanks for posting these, especially Kozuka. The rink looked SO very dark on vid for his skate plus the very bright spotlights made it look dangerous. I wonder if their lighting caused him to struggle with the jumps more? The vid was great quality so I don't know if that made the contrast look worse to me or not. I don't think they needed it so dark black in there and then the spotlight would be more blinding. Anyway I hope he is ok and I am looking forward to Jeremy's vid.
    That said, Marchei's lighting looked less contrasted, so maybe they either adjusted it or it was just the video.
    I wonder why the French dance team did not have to skate in the show since they were with Krylova until recently.
  34. Sylvia

35. rosewood

rosewood plants lover

Wow, thank you, tanithandBenFan. I'm so happy he looks OK. His skating skill and artistry is always impressive.

I found some pictures of Alissa. So happy to see she is enjoying in Taipei. :) I really want to see the video of her performance.
    http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/8603d401jw1e5g2t4dcumj20go09d3zf.jpg
    The poster and media conference.
    http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6a106e7bgw1e5go7iugu8j20q00vcwhz.jpg
    http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/c4d6db27jw1e5efuk0cg2j20p50iuace.jpg
  36. lavenderblue

Yep, though there were some audio difficulties when Madison Hubbell was interviewing other skaters during intermission.

Out of curiosity, is any or will any content be archived? I wasn't able to register until the midway point of the show and was wondering if I'd be able to view Act 1 at any point, or re-view any of Act 2.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  37. Sylvia

38. mysticchic

Some of the show will be archived. The lighting was done by the parents. The ice is on it's last legs. After the show they remake the ice on the rinks. The skaters were saying it was very thin (I have no idea what that means). The DVD blooper real will be huge!
  39. mysticchic

double post
  40. Sylvia