Detroit Skating Club Champions Revue

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by mysticchic, Jan 8, 2013.

1. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

DSC will be holding their annual send off show on Jan 12 6PM. All skaters going to US Nationals, Euros, Worlds, Jr Nationals and other nationals that skate out of the club will be included.
    This year Mystic Media and Productions in conjunction with Detroit Skating Club will stream the show. Cost is 20.00 US dollars and will not be geo blocked. So no matter where you live you will be able to watch it.
    We will provide a link by Thursday or you can find a link to it though the DSC site.
    Skaters scheduled to perform include
    Jeremy Abbott
    Alissa Czisny
    Hubbell and Donahue
    Davis and White
    Nat and Fabian
    Tomas Verner
    and many others. I will post a complete list here by Thursday.

The skaters will be preforming either their short programs or Free skate/dance.
    We have also been hired to do the show in June and Skate Detroit. There will be an option for a yearly subscription for all events. Every month we will have a sit down with skaters and coaches with a Q and A from fans. All shows we will be offering a DVD for sale. If you have any questions please PM me and I should be able to answer them for you!! Hope you enjoy the show!! Once the cost is covered the profit will go towards the club and skaters!!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

That sounds like a great idea!

3. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Great opportunity for Alissa to perform one of her programs before Nationals.

4. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Well-Known Member

I would definitely be interested in this show! $20 bucks is a lot cheaper than 6hrs round trip driving and hotel and food costs!

Sign me up!

5. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Thanks, mysticchic! I look forward to watching the show.

So does this mean Skate Detroit will be streamed, too? I'd buy a subscription for that. :)

6. mysticchic

Yes, we have a contract to stream the summer show and Skate Detroit!! Skate Detroit should be really interesting!! Katie Osmond, Gracie Gold Hannah Miler are some of the sr ladies that come every year! This is pretty much a test to make sure we can handle the traffic, but the guy doing it has been doing large events for 4 years now and also works for sports networks as a cameraman!

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  7. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Would the videos be available live and on-demand later on, or just live? Either way, thanks for the heads up. It's good to know this will be available online :cheer2:

8. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

This is great news!!!!

9. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Passed along to me for posting is the Running order of Saturday's show as of Jan. 8 (Subject to Change):

Little Evolution - Synchro team
    Selina Shi - Juvenile Girls
    Jolie Vassel-Beasley & John Neff - Intermediate Dance
    Aya Takai & Brian Johnson - Novice Pairs
    Madeleine Gallegher & Jonathon Horton - Novice Pairs
    Payten Howland & Jason Cohn - Intermediate Dance
    Beginner Evolution - Synchro team

Sierra Chadwick & Alexander Martin - Novice Dance
    Kaitlin Budd & Nikita Cheban - Novice Pairs
    Holly Moore & Daniel Klaber - Junior Dance (JGP)
    Kaitlin Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker - Junior Dance (JGP silver in Germany)
    Johanna Allik & Paul Bellantuono (EST) - Junior Dance (JGP)
    Alexandra Aldridge & Daniel Eaton - Junior Dance (JGP Final bronze medalists)
    Prelim Evolution - Synchro team

Georgia Glastris (GRE)
    Alexandra Paul & Mitchell Islam (CAN)
    Anastasia Olson & Keiffer Hubbell
    Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue
    Elladj Balde (CAN)

Becky Bereswill
    William Brewster
    Valentina Marchei (ITA)
    Jeremy Abbott
    Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat (FRA)

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  10. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Mysticchic any updates on the live streaming link? Here it is Thursday evening and the show is Saturday.

11. mysticchic

yes Kitty, we are waiting on the webmaster for DSC. Our site is http://altramedia.com/mediastream/ Jerod Swallow wants most people to come though the DSC site. WE should be able to take advance registration tomorrow by 6-8PM Eastern.
    I've watched this show for years and all the skaters skate either their sd, sp, fs or FD. We are trying to work out a Q&A during the Zamboni break. By the time the June show runs around, we will have a lot of surprises for you!! Skate Detroit is always exciting. We are working on a subscription for all 3 events with a monthly round table with skaters and coaches. And run any videos the skaters would like to put up there!

12. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

No Czisny or Verner?

13. mysticchic

no sorry not this time

14. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

What happened? Why did Czisny and Verner withdraw? At first, I just thought Sylvia had left Alissa's name off by mistake.
    How disappointing!!!

15. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Alissa is competing in a small comp in Wisconsin this weekend, which probably explains it. Dunno about Verner.

16. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Great news! Any idea if the feed is going to be geoblocked? ( I hope not!)

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Considering how many Canadian skaters usually compete at Skate Detroit (last year may have been a record number!), I would expect not! ;)

18. maureenfarone

Has anyone been able to make reservations for the online streaming? Even though mysticchic posted early this morning (Friday) I thought she probably meant we could sign up Friday for the show on Saturday.

I sent an email to the address in the link above, but haven't heard anything. I also didn't see anything on the DSC website except a phone number to order tickets. Anyone have more information?

19. mysticchic

We are working on putting up the reservations. We are still working on it. WE can take up to 10k in registrations at once. But we are working on it tonight to make sure its working!! Keep checking back. If it's not on DSC website you will be able to register here http://altramedia.com/mediastream/
    we did a video test on it earlier and it worked fine!

20. mysticchic

Update, the registration link will be up by midnight!! at this link http://altramedia.com/mediastream/ we ran test and it looks great and no geo blocking. We will archive it for a month. DVDs will be for sale!!

21. sus2850

sus2850 Active Member

When I click on the link I just get a video window saying that the stream is offline, but where do you have to sign up?
    And again the question that someone else also asked: Is it only a live streaming or will there be a recorded video available afterwards?

22. mysticchic

We are working on it. It will get up and right now things are changing on the page. Yes Skate Detroit will also be streamed

23. leigh466

leigh466 Active Member

I guess this did not work out.

24. maureenfarone

I am not sure. Mysticchic said reservations could be made 6-8p.m. So, guess I'll wait a few more minutes and try again.

25. maureenfarone

It still isn't working for me. It seems like there is a problem with the Media Stream website, but the page where you probably subscribe won't load. Oh well, I did want to see Becky Bereswill, Jeremy and most of the other skaters. Maybe I'll try again closer to 7 p.m.

26. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

I was hoping to catch the junior and senior ice dancers as well as Jeremy. Oh well.

27. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Detroit Skating Club @dscclub has tweeted:
    "Spoke with video tech and they are still working on getting the feed up. Will keep everyone posted."

28. blancanieves

blancanieves Active Member

Caught the last two seconds of H/D. I think Becky is next. The offline window comes on and off between performers, but I think the stream must be running now.

29. nashvilledancer

nashvilledancer New Member

30. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!