Desperate Housewives - Final Season

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BigB08822, Sep 26, 2011.

1. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

So what exactly does Chuck thing he is gonna charge Bree with anyway? He's got no evidence the girls ever even met the man. Big deal they were driving a car like his. You got the car? No. Anyone see them in the car but you? No. You got a body? No. You got any proof the girls even know this man? No. You got any evidence the man is even dead? No. So Susan paints a picture of a dead guy in the woods, you gonna arrest them on that? I hate that whole story line of Chuck harrassing Bree.

Oh yea, I know ... TV blah blah blah. But its so stupid. He's got nothing. :p
  2. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

This whole plot is so stupid...it was defense of others when Carlos killed him, why didn't they go to the police? I forget...

If they end this show by making the BEST CHARACTER fall apart and lose it, I will hate Marc Cherry FOREVER.
  3. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

The only reason I watch this show anymore is for Vanessa Williams :kickass:

Bree and Gaby w/ the one-liners are passable; Susan is an idiot and Lynnette is just completely manipulative and unlikeable.

It's time to bury the show.
  4. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

Talk about limping to the finish. :rolleyes:
  5. BaileyCatts

:duh: You're right! I kinda forgot that part too! :lol: It was self-defense! Or, well how about this man broke into my house and was attacking my wife defense, because that's exactly what it was. Why didn't they just call the cops? I don't even remember now. :shuffle:
  6. pixie cut

Carlos said something about how the police wouldn't believe it was self defense because the man turned out to be unarmed. I think Gabby originally said he had a gun, which he didn't. He was clearly menacing Gabby. The very fact that Carlos had to slam him on the head with something was ridiculous. Carlos was bigger and stronger, and frankly the guy would have run away at the sight of Carlos. He realistically, he could have taken him out with a punch.
  7. Cupid

Cupid New Member

What I like most about this season is the storyline of Lynette and her husband separating. It was sad to see Lynette remove her wedding ring and put it away. She really wants him back but apparently the husband is completely oblivous or doesn't care that she still wants him to be her husband. He obviously is enjoying his newfound bachelorhood. Good story about the roses being delivered on their anniversary, too. I was amazed when he said he'd having the florist remove the standing order for their anniversary, as if he were doing Lynnette a favor by doing that.

Reminds me of another couple I know :shuffle:
  8. BaileyCatts

Anyone still watching? ;) Here's hoping Chuck is really dead! Don't really care who killed him, I just hope he's really dead! I really hate the way he has been harassing the girls just because Bree dumped him.

No new episode until January? By then I'll forget everything that's happening. :(
  9. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I know! I can't wait that long to find out if Bree offs herself. I'll be so pissed if they let her character go out that way.

The town of Fairview must have the highest # of pedestrians killed by moving vehicles in all of the USA.
  10. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I have not watched in weeks. Not sure how many episodes I missed. Oops.
  11. olympic

Here's what you missed - self-centered Gaby and her 2004 one-liners; Lynnette and her childish manipulations; Bree still so 1950s after all these years; Susan still neurotic and full of moral outrage.
  12. Cupid

Cupid New Member

One thing I like about the show is the women are all so beautiful, even Lynnette sometimes:lol:
  13. BigB08822

Oh thank you! With this information I can skip the other episodes and just pick back up in January. Thanks for saving me the time. :lol:
  14. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Not that Lynette is perfect by any stretch, but I don't like Tom's girlfriend, or her daughter, for that matter.
  15. Marilou

Marilou New Member

Me neither! They're barely separated and she's acting liked a wronged wife!
  16. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

So I barely watch this show- I've seen most of the first season and a few minutes here and there. Now I watch about 10 minutes of it when I'm waiting for Pan Am.

How many freaking people have been murdered on this show? Now there's another one? Why do people still live on this street?
  17. Marilou

Marilou New Member

Cause it's only the "bad guys" that die :D
  18. jenniferlyon

jenniferlyon Well-Known Member

What I find utterly preposterous is that none of these people has lawyered up. Look at the real-life case of Baby Lisa-- the cops can't get anywhere near the missing baby's suspicious-acting parents, thanks to their lawyer. Carlos is a wealthy man; he could hire the best criminal defense attorney in the business. Why hasn't he? Why haven't any of them?

Makes no sense.
  19. pixie cut

None of it makes sense. Why did Carlos hit him so hard? Oh yea, he thought he had a gun. Why didn't they call the cops right away even though they discovered the man was unarmed? Oh yea, they needed a lame plot line to drive the final season.

What made this show juicy and fun in season one is that it was an exaggeration of reality. Of course, few people had a chopped up woman buried under their swimming pools, there were elements of reality in the show. A trophy wife feeling neglected, a perfect housewife with an utterly imperfect family, a recent divorcee trying to rebuild her life, a career woman turned homemaker who's miserable.

Now it's just retreads and nonsense.
  20. jenniferlyon

Exactly. If I were writing this season, I'd use the Susan-the-artist storyline to create some tension between her and Mike, not because of the murder but because it would be VERY interesting to fling Mike into the NYC art scene. Lots of fish-out-of-water storyline potential there. It would also be interesting to see how Susan handles success.

A woman as religious as Bree would never commit suicide. Yeah, I know she's gone against her beliefs on a number of occasions and sometimes she twists things to suit her needs at the given moment. But deep down, this is a woman who fears going to Hell. Remember when Andrew came out and she told him she was afraid he wouldn't go to Heaven? And I'm supposed to believe that this same woman would blow her own brains out? Nope, not buying it.
  21. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I really had to dig for this thread! OK, missed the first 1/2 hour but it looked like a good show, except for Susan's storyline. Touching scenes with Bree and Renee.
  22. jenniferlyon

Thank you, Tom, for consulting a lawyer!!! Who ever thought he'd be the one to act like a real adult when push comes to shove?
  23. BigB08822

I still think I figured out who sent the letter and that didn't even take very much thinking. It looks more and more likely that this will be the big mystery this season. I really thought they would come up with something good this year. :yawn:
  24. BaileyCatts

Ya missed the best part! Go watch it online and watch for the part with Lynette, Tom and Bob at Lynette's house. Its about 15 minutes in. It was only a few minutes, but that whole scene with Bob is freaking hysterical!! Tom consulted Bob (since he's a lawyer) and Bob's reaction is priceless! :rofl:

They need more of Bob and Lee on this show! Give them something to do please! I love them!
  25. BaileyCatts

Who do you think it is? Black if out if ya think it might tick anybody off if your guess is right. :D
  26. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

Just watched the first episode last night. The only thing I'll say is that I hope Eva Longoria gets her own show. Her comic timing is epic. :rofl:
  27. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Yes, she's really shining in this final season. Getting great material from the writers :)

I was PML at the color coded chart.
  28. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Eva has been the shining star for the past several seasons. The season Gabi was "fat" was so great. Still can't understand how she has never received an Emmy nomination.
  29. BigB08822

I think it is Mary Alice and Paul Young's son. The last we saw of him he was in a really bad place and getting bad into drugs. I think he hit near rock bottom and was homeless at the time of the murder. As a result he was sleeping in the park and witnessed the burial. He would be one of the only people to have any knowledge about the letter and this story would make sense as to how he knows what they did.
  30. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I was wondering, too. I'll go for
    Mary Alice's son, Zach

ETA: LOL. I was posting when BigB08822 was.
  31. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

I agree. I also think that he wrote the note.
  32. pixie cut

I agree, but could that conclusion be any more obvious? Talk about lack of real twist.

This is just a hypothesis, so I'm not using spoiler tags. I think they might conclude the show with another cliched twist. The whole series has been a dream/fantasy in Mary Alice's head. She's about to shoot herself and she envisions life on the lane without her.
  33. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

That would be a :kickass: ending, but I really don't think it will happen. Your ending requires a lot of imagination, which is something the writers haven't had in a while. :lol:
  34. BigB08822

I much prefer your ending but the problem with that is why would Mary Alice spend so much time thinking/dreaming about 4 women on the street and pretty much forget all about what it would do to her husband and child with just a few exceptions? Other than that, I love it. The reason I think my ending is going to come true is precisely because it is so obvious and DH has not had a good twist or original plot line in years.
  35. pixie cut

It's not that imaginative. It's a trick that has been used many times. A really juicy twist would be something truly out of left field, like Tom Scavo is a serial killer or something you never saw coming.
  36. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

What did this note say? "I Forgive You"? I have no idea who could be sending the notes... :shuffle:

I liked the later scene when Bob jogs past a half-nekkid Mike and says, "looking good, buddy!" (Oh so true!!) :swoon:

Is there room on the Longoria-lovin' bandwagon? Cuz I want on!! :D

CRIMINAL!! :mad: (Maybe backlash from the Emmy people for starting up her own awards show??)

:blah: No!!! "It was all just a dream?" If that's the case, they better include Patrick Duffy stepping out of a shower! :lol: If they're going to steal some other show's idea, how about ripping off Newhart? Kimberly Shaw comes out of her coma, surrounded by her Melrose Place "friends" and says, "Man, the sh** that goes through your head while in a coma!!!"
  37. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

HA! love the Melrose twist :)

The note at the end said "You're Welcome."

Presumably meaning, you're welcome I killed the guy who was investigating you for murder.

What I don't get is why the murder of a cop solves ANYTHING. He certainly wasn't keeping his unofficial investigation secret. If a cop is murdered, aren't they going to look at what he was investigating? Duh!!!

Both Paul Young and the sister of the woman he killed are in jail now, right?
  38. olympic

I wish Renee [Vanessa Williams] was my roommate!

Renee herself and Gaby's one-liners are really the only things keeping the show afloat.

I love the remarks above about Melrose Place and Mary Alice's dream
  39. mkats

mkats New Member

I just got caught up. Can this show limp any slower and more pitifully to the end? :blah:

I think the jury's still out on what happened to Felicia. We last saw her get hit in a head-on collision with a truck while she was trying to keep Beth's ashes from dumping out all over the passenger seat, but they never conclusively stated if she died.
  40. BigB08822

Yeah, she could be out there but they are running out of time to bring her back in any way. I think they will just let us assume she died. As long as Paul Young is in jail then there is no reason to have her around.