Desperate Housewives - Final Season

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BigB08822, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

I think it was either Chuck or Mike.

Why it could be Mike:

- he wasn't on screen during the whole episode
    - probably Susan told him where they buried the body
    - he was approached by Ben with some project, probably this condo thingie and knows the body has to vanish
    - he wants to protect Susan

Why it could be Chuck:

- wasn't seen this episode either but turned up on the imdb.com page of this particular episode
    - in the preview he demands that Bree told him "finally the truth"
    - I read somewhere that Bree finds out who did it and is shocked because of it in the next episode

2. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

oh - good one, it's probably Mike!!

Yeah, this show had so much promise to be a totally subversive, funnny critique of the suburbs, but then it just became...vacuous and banal.

3. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Good episode tonight!

4. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

I fell asleep 10 minutes into it (time change here). I'll have to watch on DVR tonight.

5. jenniferlyon

jenniferlyon Well-Known Member

Celia and the lollipop in her hair cracked me up!

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I thought the kids spray painting "Gays R Stupid" on the garage went a little far. I had a hard time believing they would go that far and pull off such a big task without being caught. Plus it seems too cruel, even for kids who can be awfully mean.

Otherwise, good episode. Crazy Chuck is back and asking lots of questions. The new guy with the accent still creeps me out, he is not attractive to me...at all. He looks like he has had a lot of work done.

7. jenniferlyon

The spray painting on the garage seemed more like the type of behavior one would expect from a troubled teen, not from a kid Juanita's age. (Unless the little darling is the grandchild of Fred Phelps.) Then again, a teen would have written something far worse than "stupid."

I can't believe an adult as old as Susan would act so dorky in the art class. She was a teacher, after all. She should know that you're supposed to sit still, keep quiet, and do the assignments without making a scene every single week.

8. BigB08822

There is nothing real about Susan's character, just like there is nothing likable about Lynette.

9. jenniferlyon

I really didn't like what Lynette did to Penny in this last episode. Here's a young teen who seems to be adjusting pretty well to her parents' divorce and then Lynette had to go and mess with her mind. If Lynette had blurted out something inappropriate in anger, I'd let it pass because divorce doesn't exactly bring out the best in people. But what she did was deliberate.

Doesn't Tom ever take the baby anywhere? Or Parker? It seems as if Penny is their only child living in that house.

10. jenniferlyon

Anyone remember the art gallery guy from when he was on Boston Legal? He talks like Ron Paul!

11. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

So what exactly does Chuck thing he is gonna charge Bree with anyway? He's got no evidence the girls ever even met the man. Big deal they were driving a car like his. You got the car? No. Anyone see them in the car but you? No. You got a body? No. You got any proof the girls even know this man? No. You got any evidence the man is even dead? No. So Susan paints a picture of a dead guy in the woods, you gonna arrest them on that? I hate that whole story line of Chuck harrassing Bree.

Oh yea, I know ... TV blah blah blah. But its so stupid. He's got nothing. :p

12. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

This whole plot is so stupid...it was defense of others when Carlos killed him, why didn't they go to the police? I forget...

If they end this show by making the BEST CHARACTER fall apart and lose it, I will hate Marc Cherry FOREVER.

13. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

The only reason I watch this show anymore is for Vanessa Williams :kickass:

Bree and Gaby w/ the one-liners are passable; Susan is an idiot and Lynnette is just completely manipulative and unlikeable.

It's time to bury the show.

14. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

Talk about limping to the finish. :rolleyes:

15. BaileyCatts

:duh: You're right! I kinda forgot that part too! :lol: It was self-defense! Or, well how about this man broke into my house and was attacking my wife defense, because that's exactly what it was. Why didn't they just call the cops? I don't even remember now. :shuffle:

16. pixie cut

Carlos said something about how the police wouldn't believe it was self defense because the man turned out to be unarmed. I think Gabby originally said he had a gun, which he didn't. He was clearly menacing Gabby. The very fact that Carlos had to slam him on the head with something was ridiculous. Carlos was bigger and stronger, and frankly the guy would have run away at the sight of Carlos. He realistically, he could have taken him out with a punch.

17. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

What I like most about this season is the storyline of Lynette and her husband separating. It was sad to see Lynette remove her wedding ring and put it away. She really wants him back but apparently the husband is completely oblivous or doesn't care that she still wants him to be her husband. He obviously is enjoying his newfound bachelorhood. Good story about the roses being delivered on their anniversary, too. I was amazed when he said he'd having the florist remove the standing order for their anniversary, as if he were doing Lynnette a favor by doing that.

Reminds me of another couple I know :shuffle:

18. BaileyCatts

Anyone still watching? ;) Here's hoping Chuck is really dead! Don't really care who killed him, I just hope he's really dead! I really hate the way he has been harassing the girls just because Bree dumped him.

No new episode until January? By then I'll forget everything that's happening. :(

19. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I know! I can't wait that long to find out if Bree offs herself. I'll be so pissed if they let her character go out that way.

The town of Fairview must have the highest # of pedestrians killed by moving vehicles in all of the USA.

20. BigB08822

I have not watched in weeks. Not sure how many episodes I missed. Oops.

21. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Here's what you missed - self-centered Gaby and her 2004 one-liners; Lynnette and her childish manipulations; Bree still so 1950s after all these years; Susan still neurotic and full of moral outrage.

22. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

One thing I like about the show is the women are all so beautiful, even Lynnette sometimes:lol:

23. BigB08822

Oh thank you! With this information I can skip the other episodes and just pick back up in January. Thanks for saving me the time. :lol:

24. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Not that Lynette is perfect by any stretch, but I don't like Tom's girlfriend, or her daughter, for that matter.

25. Marilou

Marilou New Member

Me neither! They're barely separated and she's acting liked a wronged wife!

26. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

So I barely watch this show- I've seen most of the first season and a few minutes here and there. Now I watch about 10 minutes of it when I'm waiting for Pan Am.

How many freaking people have been murdered on this show? Now there's another one? Why do people still live on this street?

27. Marilou

Marilou New Member

Cause it's only the "bad guys" that die :D

28. jenniferlyon

What I find utterly preposterous is that none of these people has lawyered up. Look at the real-life case of Baby Lisa-- the cops can't get anywhere near the missing baby's suspicious-acting parents, thanks to their lawyer. Carlos is a wealthy man; he could hire the best criminal defense attorney in the business. Why hasn't he? Why haven't any of them?

Makes no sense.

29. pixie cut

None of it makes sense. Why did Carlos hit him so hard? Oh yea, he thought he had a gun. Why didn't they call the cops right away even though they discovered the man was unarmed? Oh yea, they needed a lame plot line to drive the final season.

What made this show juicy and fun in season one is that it was an exaggeration of reality. Of course, few people had a chopped up woman buried under their swimming pools, there were elements of reality in the show. A trophy wife feeling neglected, a perfect housewife with an utterly imperfect family, a recent divorcee trying to rebuild her life, a career woman turned homemaker who's miserable.

Now it's just retreads and nonsense.

30. jenniferlyon

Exactly. If I were writing this season, I'd use the Susan-the-artist storyline to create some tension between her and Mike, not because of the murder but because it would be VERY interesting to fling Mike into the NYC art scene. Lots of fish-out-of-water storyline potential there. It would also be interesting to see how Susan handles success.

A woman as religious as Bree would never commit suicide. Yeah, I know she's gone against her beliefs on a number of occasions and sometimes she twists things to suit her needs at the given moment. But deep down, this is a woman who fears going to Hell. Remember when Andrew came out and she told him she was afraid he wouldn't go to Heaven? And I'm supposed to believe that this same woman would blow her own brains out? Nope, not buying it.