Desperate Housewives - Final Season

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BigB08822, Sep 26, 2011.

1. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Anyone watch? I thought about not even bothering with a thread, we hardly seemed to care last season. :lol: However, being the final season and all, I figured why the heck not.

I was hoping things would pick up and they would try to go out with a good season but the first episode wasn't very promising. The scene where the car is miraculously stolen was just too much, even for a show as out there as this one. The writers couldn't possibly come up with a better way handle that? Then Gaby has to go and steal another car? No one bothered to call the police? :rolleyes:

I am curious to find out about the note Bree found. I wonder if it is about the body or about something else entirely. If everyone else got a note then it will be clear but if only Bree got a note then I bet we found out it is about something else entirely, she has done plenty to get in trouble over.

2. BigB08822

By the way, it was brought to my attention that the note Bree received was word for word the same as the one Mary Alice received before killing herself. Interesting...

3. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that the episode is uploaded on the Internet so I can watch it. I'm really excited about this new season.

4. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

Loved the hot new neighbor across the street that Vanessa Williams tried to pickup and he closed the door in her face. What a hottie! He alone will keep me watching.:lol:

5. MikiAndoFan#1

I just finished watching the new episode, and I liked it. I'm curious as to who sent Bree the note. Has Martha Huber come back from the dead? :p

6. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

The guy from V who plays the new neighbour could be the note writer. It may not about Gaby's dad--maybe he thought a recipe from one of Bree's old cookbooks was disgusting.

7. MikiAndoFan#1

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8. BigB08822

:rofl:

Good one. I also don't think it is about Gaby's dad or stepdad or whomever he was. If it was then the note would go to Gaby or her husband first. That is why I am curious to see if any other ladies got the note. If not, I am sure it is something completely different.

9. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

Lame lame lame. I wonder if I'll bother watching that!

10. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Why should you, if it is lame?
    Rhe show definelty has gone worse, btu I guess I wioll watch when it starts in Finland. It is the last season, anyway.

11. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I have to pat myself on the back because I was just thinking to myself, gee - now they've all become like Mary Alice and her husband. They killed someone and covered it up.

Too bad this show doesn't try just a little bit harder.

12. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

I want to know how it ends, but now it's gonna be my "naptime" show. I'll just watch the final episode I guess.

13. MikiAndoFan#1

Did anyone watch last night's episode?

I'm really intrigued by who sent Bree that note. I think it may have been Zach Young.

14. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

We're not going to find out who sent the note for a while. I wonder if Bree will tell the other housewives about the note.

I was more entertained by Gaby hiring a pole dancer to help her husband's performance in the bedroom. :lol:

15. MikiAndoFan#1

:lol: I thought that was pretty funny, as well.

16. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

Is the season over yet?

17. mkats

mkats New Member

"When were you born?"
    "1992."
    "Yeah, me too."

:rofl:

I wish they'd stop giving Susan such cringeworthy storylines, though. I understand that she feels guilty and feels the need to be punished, but even for Susan, those were some pretty lame scenes. :scream:

18. BigB08822

This was my exact thought. I think Zach Young is probably homeless and living out on the streets because of his drug addiction problems and he was in the park that night sleeping on a bench or something. He saw everything and is playing a game. Why he only sent it to Bree, I don't know...maybe he felt she was the closest with his mom?

19. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

good theory!!

This show is seriously getting lamer than I thought possible. Yet I feel compelled to watch this trainwreck all the way to the end.

How did the gay couple's daughter get to be puberty aged already?

20. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

^ Yea! What's up with that kid? I thought I remembered her being like maybe 5 when they adopted her? :confused:

Oh yea .. TV. I know. But still, just for my sake, wasn't she just maybe 5 or 6 a year or so ago?

21. BigB08822

I think they got her at that age (last year, right?), unless they are using the soap opera aging machine. I honestly don't remember her last year though, so who knows!

Nothing exciting happening...yet. I hope this season isn't like last year where it was absolutely boring right up until the end. This series has been the best when they keep you on edge for the entire season and end it with a really exciting resolution.

I am already expecting a boring and sappy finale so I better not get my hopes up. Maybe Marc Cherry will rehash old story lines (as if!) and crash a plane into the neighborhood killing everyone, children and all. I would honestly love that. :shuffle:

22. MikiAndoFan#1

I'm liking the new season, so far. :eek: And I'm glad Bree finally got rid of Chuck, I was never very fond of him. :shuffle:

23. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

I must have missed an episode or two. Why DID Bree get rid of Chuck?

24. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

From what I remember from the episode (I think!) ... Bree thinks that Chuck somehow knows about them killing Gaby's stepfather (even though we have seen no evidence on the show to indicate that he knows anything), so she's just trying to cut the ties to the cops by dumping him. I guess she is just suspicious of him that he will find out since he's a cop. Only now she just went and made him mad, so now he probably will like stalk her and follow her and find out they are hiding something (my opinion). :)

At least that is why I think she dumped him. :D

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  25. BigB08822

Chuck is also a bit odd. He seems quite obsessive and freaks at just the thought of Bree leaving him. I wonder if we will see him again because it wouldn't fit his character to just take being dumped. He seems like the type of person to stalk her and call all hours of the night.

26. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Gaby insisted Bree dump him because they thought he might find out. Then that "Mrs. Huber" style note was put in Bree's mailbox, and Paul Young mentioned that Chuck knew about the note Mrs. Huber sent to Mary Alice.

So she decided to stay with him because she thought he knew what they'd done.

Then she realized he didn't know, and dumped him - which he didn't take well at all.

27. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I really had to dig for this thread!

So....where's the body?

28. jenniferlyon

jenniferlyon Well-Known Member

I had to dig for this thread, too. I thought I was the only one still watching!

Where's the body? Maybe Carlos dug it up during one of his alcoholic blackouts? That was my first thought.

29. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

I'm still watching, but it's only out of habit. I find the show so bad. Earlier in the night I watched a special on PBS in which Marc Cherry was talking about the creation of the show. All I can say is he's either moved so far away from it or simply abandoned it. This is one series that will limp to the finish. :blah:

30. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Watching out of habit. I did laugh when Penny tried on the inappropriate Kitten With a Whip Halloween costume.