Denmark Has A New Prince *And* Princess

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AragornElessar, Jan 8, 2011.

1. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

The Crown Prince Family welcomed their Twins into the World today. The little Prince was first and then followed by the little Princess a half hour later. Both are 5 pounds and respective ounces (saw it, but don't remember it) and they and their Mother, Crown Princess Mary, are all doing fine.

We won't know the names until after they're Christened in around three months time, as per Danish Royal Family tradition.

Been waiting all week for this announcement and so happy everything went well and everyone is doing well.

Congratulations to Fredrick, Mary, Big Brother Christian and Big Sister Isabella!!!

Welcome to the World Little Ones!!! :)

2. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Many congrats to Their Royal Highnesses! :cheer2:

Bedste √łnsker for en lykkelig og sundt liv! :40beers:

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  3. AragornElessar

4. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Ooo, twins, and both above 2500 grams. Wonderful :)

5. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

One of each. Nice.

6. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Great news! Both over 5 pounds is fabulous for twins.

7. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

And only one week before the due date - excellent! Glad mother and babies are in good health :)

8. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Yipeee, more twins! I just love twins, having one set of my own. And just like these two, my son made his appearance first -except in my case, he's older by ONE whole minute :)

As for their early appearance, is it true that they are only a week early but only something in the five pound range? Just curious because I was just under 4 weeks early and my two came in at 6-9 and 5-0 respectively and I'm not a large person.

Congrats to the proud parents.

9. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Yes, it's true. They were due next week, and the girl is 46cm and weighs 2554 grams while the boy weighs 2674 grams and measures 47cm. I think that means the girl is about 5.6lbs and the boy 5.8.

A friend of mine had a baby last year, on time and only the one baby, and she was around the same weight.

10. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world, little ones!
    Congratulations, to the happy family.

11. AragornElessar

Hello has finally caught up w/things...

'We call him Prince Elvis' jokes Prince Frederik as he announces arrival of twins

BTW...Over at the Royalty MB I belong to, that triggered us "adopting" that as a name for the little boy. Someone thought it wasn't fair that the little Prince had a nickname, while his little sister didn't, so she looked up to see if there were any really well known female singers celebrating their birthday on Saturday. Turns out it was also Shirley Bassey's Birthday on Saturday.

Due to that, until the Christening and official naming, we're calling the Twins Elvis and Shirley over there. :D

Christian and Isabella visited their Mother and new siblings yesterday, but I haven't seen any pictures of them arriving or leaving. Which is a good thing IMO.

Also looks like a visit to Australia this year is in the works, but that's no big surprise. Of course they'd want to show off the newest members of the Family to the side that's Down Under. :)

Herald Sun ~ Royal twins of Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik to visit Australia

Still haven't heard when they're leaving the hospital, but I'm guessing Thursday at the latest.

12. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Prince Elvis and Princess Shirley are FABULOUS nicknames! :lol:

Mary and Fred, you listening? Name 'em Elvis and Shirley! Come on, HMQ Marge is totally hip and groovy, she'd probably love it. ;)

13. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

They would be great names!

14. AragornElessar

15. AragornElessar

This was posted at the Official Dansih Royal Family website on Monday...

A really lovely and classy thing to do IMO, as it says up there, they can't reach everyone to thank personally, so... :)

16. AragornElessar

The day Royal Watchers like me have been waiting for since the Twins and Mary left the hospital has arrived at last!!

The Court released the Official Pictures of the Happy Family today. :)

The Official Website of The Royal Family of Denmark ~ Photo Gallery

Obviously click on the arrows going in the forward direction to see them all.

They're too adorable!!

Eden and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

Awww, too cute for words!!!! :swoon: :swoon:
    Wish there would be a photo of the "entire" family, though ... :slinkaway

18. AragornElessar

I know!! However, the little Princess had to go back to hospital a week or so ago due to her coming down w/a cold, which in turn, she developed a fever. She ended up having to stay over night, but thankfully that was all. So if Christian or Isabella had a bit of a buggie boo when these were taken, that could explain why it's just the Twins and Mary and Fredrick.

Regardless...They are just too adorable!! :D

19. AragornElessar

20. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

I'm glad these two cuties finally got their names, mouthfuls that they are!

And I have to admit, I was curious to know what jewel CP Mary would receive for the twins. In the Danish royal family, it's tradition to give the mother a gift of sapphire jewelry. For Prince Christian, Mary received the lovely brooch she was wearing at the twins' christening (it was a family heirloom). For Princess Isabella, she received a pendent. There are guesses that since she gave birth to twins, she should get earrings, since there would be 2 of them. But there was no evidence of her wearing any new jewelry at the christening. So maybe she got a new tiara? Wishful thinking on my part, since she *only* has 2, and borrows a 3rd from a jeweler.

21. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

22. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

The family looks wonderful; and very happy.

23. AragornElessar

Yes, Fredrick is still a very good looking man. :)

I've been wondering if Tasmania was going to give little Princess Josephine the same thing they sent for a present to Princess Isabella. A Charm Bracelet. IIRC, there was an Apple charm for Tasmania to start it off as well. IMO, that is the perfect present for a baby girl. It's something that can "grow" as the little one grows up w/various charms to mark a major moment or interest.

I love those pictures too. Especially the ones w/Christian and Isabella, as it's the first we've seen of all of them as a Family. :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  24. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

:cheer::cheer: Welcome to the world, little ones!

25. AragornElessar