Demi Announces She's Divorcing Ashton

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, Nov 17, 2011.

1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

There are a lot of women out there who are will not be broken up to hear that. LOL

3. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

True that. Six years is over 30 Kardashians of marriage.

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  4. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Eys, but then they should probably figure on him cheating on them as well. :p

5. Andrushka

Andrushka New Member

Yeah if they think of that.For some reason people are stupid enough to let themselves believe that even if the guy/girl cheated on their other SO, that they are special and they would never ever cheat on them. :lol: sorry,I laugh because it is quite ridiculous.

Before I hear "People can change"...yes they can but they have to prove it.And right now,he proved he's a cheater.

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

If it was indeed a one time deal then maybe there are all sorts of circumstances we don't know about. I am not excusing his behavior but I could see how some people may cheat but then go on to never do it again the rest of their life. Rumors have been swirling that Demi is an alcoholic and that is never easy to live with. Again, no excuse, but playing devil's advocate.

7. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Shocking. :p

8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Am I the only woman who thinks he's odd-looking?

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Nope. I think he'll always look like a stupid frat boy. :lol:

10. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I never found him attractive either. My mom is absolutely ga-ga over him though. :confused: Maybe I'm just not old enough yet :p

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Fans of unprotected sex and being lied to? :p

See, that's why monogamy is pointless. :p

You say it like it's a bad thing. That's exactly the appeal. :D

12. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Not surprised by this.
    Also, not crazy about his looks.

13. duane

duane New Member

I think he's hot! Wonder if he gets into older black guys. :)

14. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Well Demi has always struck me a strong woman that doesnt take too much crap from anyone. She is a scorpio :p

What bugs me as a 40 year old woman is the all the response on other sites about the age difference and he looking for a woman to have kids with. Like he and Demi couldn't have kids within the 6 years of their marriage. I'm sure Demi and Ashton could have had a child together within the last 6 years if they wanted; In vitro, a surrogate or adoption would have given them children together.

Its like some think dating a younger woman would equate to instant babies. Young women have fertility issues too.

The prejudices with May/December romances are strongly sexist driven and will continue.

15. Louise

Louise Banned Member

Good for her. The last couple months of pictures of her is showing that she is suffering. I wonder if she's eaten anything in a few months. Hopefully this will get her back to being on the right track. Stay strong.

As for Ashton, I met him several years ago, but definitely while he was married to Demi. I am not attracted in the least to stupid frat boy silly bimboys. But Ashton is not. And he has a sexual magnetism that everyone feels in a room. It's unexplainable. My mom used to say about some men "He could charm the panties off of a nun". Well, Ashton has IT. He's not at all my type, but god does he have charm or pheromones or something...

16. PRlady

PRlady Who gives a fig?

I think he's sexy in a sort of geeky way.

I also think, as a reasonably attractive woman in her fifties who is occasionally asked out by much younger guys, that that situation is usually short-term. Much as I would prefer six-pack-abs to paunch n' prostate, the flip side is that one day I will have become the "old woman." Not older, but old.

Demi is gorgeous but the world hasn't changed that much. Harrison Ford gets Callista and Demi will do fine with some guy closer to her age.

An unpopular opinion, I know.

mag and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

I never was a Demi fan, but my respect for her has just shot up today.

18. mag

mag Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I also think that there would be a fair amount of pressure being married to a man that much younger. Yes, I know, men who marry younger women don't seem to feel it, but the pressure to stay young looking and beautiful must be tough. Even if the man does nothing to create the feeling, I can see a woman who is involved in an industry that is so much about looks, finding it hard. Then to have that man cheat on you .... well, I think it would be too tough to take.

19. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

He cheated. Enough said. The end.

20. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Same here! My mom is really into him and I think he just looks goofy. Demi is and always has been gorgeous though.

C'mon Duane. You are selling yourself short. You can do way better than Ashton!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  21. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I don't think Demi is gorgeous. I think she looks haggard and chemically enhanced (I mean Botox etc. although God knows what else she might be consuming).

22. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Ashton's cute. Supposedly he has a good head for business also and is involved in a couple of startups.

Demi used to be gorgeous. Now she just look like an old woman who's trying too hard to hang on to her youth. Maybe if she's dating a man closer to her age then she can let her self go a little bit more .... but isn't Zach Efrons single :p

23. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:drama: I'll have to take to my bed after hearin' this news, honeylambs...I've got the melancholy ovah dis heah...

CynicElle, Rob, mmscfdcsu and 5 others like this.
  24. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

that long greasy hair, he's just one manifesto away from being the unibomber

CynicElle and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Andrushka

Andrushka New Member

I don't really think he's hot either.The long hair is really not a good look for him IMO

LOL Some of us don't have a problem with monogamy.:p

26. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Who can get past Kelso?

27. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

I agree. For one thing, most women can have kids into their 40s so she could have them if she wanted to. I suspect she didn't want to and that was just fine with Kutchner at the time.

It was the prejudice against May/Dec romances that made me want them to stay together a long time. I guess that's not a good enough reason to stay married to someone though. :p

Brian- I agree that some people are situational cheaters and so won't necessarily cheat on everyone they are in a relationship with. OTOH, it looks like Ashton cheated more than one time and there have been rumors of cheating on this part throughout their marriage. So it's not clear which kind he is but I'd be hesitate to date him. (Not to mention, Mr. Mac probably wouldn't like it. :lol:)

28. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I've never gotten his attractiveness either. Something about his head looks weird to me.

But good for her for putting an end to it. His behavior reminds me a lot of Jesse James'. At least Clooney has the sense not to get married.

29. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Y'all know how I despise Hollywood gossip, but :sekret: have said that he may be the babydaddy of January Jones' child.

It ain't about May/December, kids - it's JANUARY :p.

30. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Six years, regardless of months, is a pretty good run for a Hollywood marriage. Not that cheating should ever be given a pass, but I find it a little more understandable (for males, females, and anyone in between or undecided) in anyone in a job that separates you from your SO for a long period of time.

I can't imagine trying to keep the romance going when you're routinely gone for weeks or months at a time. It must be like strangers meeting over and over again, only one you had sex with a long time ago, so there's that weird awkward factor as well.