Deathly Hallows Trailer

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rjblue, Jun 29, 2010.

1. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

This movie(s) looks intense, dark, and wonderful. I hope people don't bring small children.

eta- much better link on the official site now.

eta- no the official link is much shorter (although much larger)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
    IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Wow. Thanks for posting. I can't wait. :swoon:

3. skatemomaz

skatemomaz 4 More Years

I can't wait! Thanks for posting.

4. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I've actually started rereading the series to be prepared. I'll have time to listen to the books on CD as well. I'm especially excited that we get Part 2 in July and don't have to wait a full year. DH was my favorite of the books. I hope they do it well.

5. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

That's great news! But it will be bittersweet.
    It's still David Yates, you know. Not my favorite HP director by any means.

6. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Wow, that trailer is amazing. I'm glad they're breaking the book up into two movies.

Refresh my memory ... what's the deal with the black-clad guy who looks like General Zod about to stop the train? Was that in the book?

7. rjblue

Half-Blood Prince was the first movie I'd seen where I'd also read the books (I was waiting for the series to end), so I've not really formed a strong opinion on which director's work I prefer.

All the rest of the movies have been somewhat constrained by the fact that they have to have all their elements be consistent with the subsequent movies, which have sometimes caused them have to downplay some of the best parts of the book to ensure that key overarching points will be met. Deathly Hallows will not have that problem.

I wish they could make at least a 14A rated movie with a realistic version of the death and violence of the final battle. I don't see how they can make a PG movie and still portray the emotion of that day.

8. Rhianna

Rhianna ...Her?

Cannot. Wait.

9. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Yeah, who is that? :confused:

10. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

I think it's probably supposed to be one of the Carrows. But I don't remember it in the book.

Also, it seems to me that Hogwarts is much more destroyed from the battle than I pictured it being.

Cannot wait though!

11. Indra486

Indra486 Well-Known Member

It doesn't happen in the book, but Luna Lovegood was captured by death eaters from the train on her way home for the holidays.

12. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Since I've been a little disappointed in all the movies, I can deal with Yates. :lol: I just hope JKR really does intend to write again. Surely she's got a little bored by now. Her kids are pretty big so she needs something to do. :D

13. dramagrrl

dramagrrl New Member

Awesome trailer. They may be exaggerating a bit with the whole "Motion Picture Event of a Generation!" bit (that would be the LotR trilogy, IMO), but still, I can't wait!

14. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

Well, LOTR didn't target the same age group as HP, so for that generation, I'd buy it. A little OTT though :lol:

They're screening it in 3D? :wall:

15. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I can't do 3D--motion sickness. But it will be available in 2D, not to worry.

16. rjblue

3D is only Imax, I think.

17. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Everything from a major studio is going to be made in 3-D :rolleyes:

Trailer looks awesome. Yates definitely isn't my favorite HP director, but he's not the worst either (that would be Newell), and I'm crossing fingers that his helming the last 3 books/4 films will give him the familiarity with the story and actors to create something amazing.

I do think it's odd how much of the very end of the book, which I'm presuming will be in the 2011 film, is in that trailer, though.

Is it November yet? :rollin:

18. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Yeah, like Voldemort AK'ing Harry. There is no way it's in Part 1.
    I never thought I'd wish for the end of the summer.

19. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

I know this sounds incredibly silly, but I'm actually hesitant to watch the trailer because I know it'll make me sad. I grew up with this series, and now this means it's almost over. :(

20. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

My goodness. I was 12 when the first movie came out, and I'll be 22 when the last one does. :( I cannot believe it will be 10 years.

21. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Looks awesome. I still have to see part 5 though. I've seen all of the other movies, but not OotP for whatever reason. :lol:

22. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I cannot wait... DH was definitely my favorite book.
    I am so glad that they managed to keep the main actors throughout all the movies. If I remember correctly there were rumors after GoF that they would get new actors. I think that would totally ruined the franchise I think. Rupert Grint especially is just so great as Ron!

23. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Looks really good :) Can't wait to watch it. Loved the book, even though it was darker and sad.

24. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

So excited! I don't remember specifically a guy stopping a train either, and I've read the books twice. But perhaps they are just filling in the Luna storyline.

25. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

Like the Twilight Saga its being split into 2 movies. Oh, for the love of money! :D

26. Amy L

Amy L Well-Known Member

I do believe that it was HP who had the idea first and Twilight stole it. :lol: Although with DH if they tried to make it 2/3 hours long it wouldn't make any sense at all. All those shortcuts and skipping major storylines in the other movies would have come back to bite them in the ass!

27. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

I have to watch it!

28. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

I think when it comes out, it will require a special trip to the city 100 miles away. The town I live in has a theatre, but they're pretty run down. Mr. nerdycool and I went to see HP & the Half-Blood Prince last summer here at the midnight premiere... and naturally it was packed. But what made it horrible was that the A/C was broken. 80 degrees + humidity + over 200 people is not fun at all and they wouldn't let anyone open the outside doors. I especially felt for my friend who was about 7 months pregnant at the time. But she stuck it out.

29. KatieC

KatieC On hold

I saw the last one at a drive-in theatre! I liked that part, but wasn't very happy with the movie. I've since seen it on DVD maybe three times and gotten more accustomed to it, but sometimes the things they insert bother me more than the parts they leave out. Or maybe it's a toss up. In the trailer did I catch Harry yelling at Ron to kill Nagini?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  30. StonewshMullet

StonewshMullet New Member

My niece was 5 when the first one came out. I bought her a stuffed Hedwig, it sat on her lap while she watched the movie. During scary moment she used to it to cover her eyes. Ah memories. :D If I bought her a stuffed animal and offered to take her to a movie now she would look at me like I was crazy.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010