Dear mother in law

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Angela-Fan, May 24, 2013.

1. Angela-Fan

Angela-Fan Well-Known Member

Saying, "So what you feeding me?" is NOT an acceptable way to get yourself invited over for dinner. It is VERY irritating.
    Grrrrr!!

Dr.Siouxs and (deleted member) like this.
  2. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. Keep the invitation at bay.

3. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Is she generally agreeable in other ways, though? Just curious.

4. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

We could probably have a permanent "Dear in-laws" thread.

I just made trouble with one of mine. My husband wanted tickets to a concert in a venue that seats 5000--big name country artist. Show is on his birthday. His sister likes the artist, too. So he asks her if we should get her a ticket, too. She tells him to wait a week to buy because she thinks she can get free ones. I doubt she can. Meanwhile...5000 seat arena, major artist...So I talked him into just buying them. Forty-five minutes after they went on sale, only two sections of seats were still available. Because waiting a week would have been a brilliant idea.

I will be back in the doghouse and she will start trying to ban me from family functions again when she finds out we bought two. Plus, I'm thinking she won't be getting a ticket at all. :HA!:

5. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Don't tell her you bought tickets. If she wins free ones for you, sell the other ones and use the freebies. If she doesn't get tickets, go without her and if you see her there by herself, tell her someone else gave you the tickets. She sounds like a piece of work!

6. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Oh, she isn't trying to win them. Her ex-fiance (the third one) might call her (but she doesn't want to call him) on Wednesday or so and he might know someone who might know someone who can get tickets. He actually might. That is not far fetched because he was in a business that got him a lot of free concert tickets once upon a time. But he no longer is and they no longer really communicate with each other. My husband told me not to answer the phone if she calls and he will deal with her, so I have no idea what he is going to tell her. If she were actually to get good tickets, we would sell what we have. But her connection is very thin now. Besides, believe me I've been dealing with her for years, this wasn't about trying to do us a favor and get free seats. It was about taking control of the whole event. She does not like to not control everything especially plans like this.

7. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Why in the hell would you tell her anything until after the birthday? Did you want her to tag along? I had a toxic first MIL. I was always sweet & polite around my in-laws but I would have never told them about anything until it had already occurred because she would find a way to sabotage it. I figured that out the first month I knew her. After all the SIL stories from you, I would think you'd have her number by now.

Sidenote: when 1st hubby & I separated, MIL reversed gears & begged me to take him back. I guess she didn't want him crashing with her. :lol:

Seriously Angela-fan, unless your MIL is obnoxious in general, the self-invitation may be saying she just doesn't see enough of you & your husband and she misses you.

8. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I've wondered that myself.