Davison Out For The Season - Dube To Skate Singles

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by kimkom, Nov 9, 2010.

1. ChiquitaBanana

ChiquitaBanana Well-Known Member

Bryce was also landing 3 toe at 2007 Nationals...

Protocol here
  2. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I hope he can actually come back at some point. It'll be cool to see Jessica skating singles again though.
  3. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

When I watched the Skate Canada gala practice last year, Jessica spent the entire time practicing her 3z. She couldn't control the landing, but it looked better than Czisny's, lol. Great outside edge and beautiful height.

I hope Bryce is going to be ok.
  4. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Here's Jessica landing a gorgeous huge triple Lutz in her SP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPsyXpKJBuQ

She could attempt a program with two Lutzes, two Salchows, two double Axels and a decent scoring double combo (2F+2T+2Lo) and post a solid score.
  5. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I have to say i developed a bit of a crush on Jessica Dube when i saw her at the Vancouver Olympics. What a cutie she is. ;) And nice to see a female skater with a woman's body and not looking like a stick figure.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  6. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

Here's a French article about Dube & Davison:
    http://www.journalexpress.ca/Sports...5031/Jessica-Dube-tentera-sa-chance-en-solo/1

To do a review, first it's Sophie Richard who talks about them, not Dube or Davison.

We learn that they want to come back together next year:) (but we will believe it, when we will see it because of Bryce's injury)

We also learn that Jessica will compete in Eastern challenge in December which means she didn't get a ''bye'' for Nationals, she only get a ''bye'' at Quebec sectionals. She has to qualify at East challenge to go to Nationals.

and finally we learn that Sebastien Britten will choregraph her long program and Scott Moir:), her short program.
    geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Well thank you - that article actually had some real information in it.
  8. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

9. dramagrrl

dramagrrl New Member

Given the state of ladies skating in Canada, Jess would have to do pretty miserably at the Challenge to not qualify for Canadians. In fact, given the strength of her overall skating, I'd even hazard a guess that she could do a LP with a double axel and a 3S as her two hardest jumps and still qualify.
  10. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

New article on Bryce Davison's rehabilitation process and Jessica Dubé's singles plans: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101115&content_id=16104738&vkey=ice_news
  11. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

So Scott will not work with Jess on her new SP?
  13. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

14. Rock2

Rock2 New Member

Yeah but she didn't have a 3T.

I said the only jump they BOTH can do are S and Z
  15. Rock2

Rock2 New Member

Piecing the articles together it sounds to me like Scott will just choreo the footwork to get her good levels.
  16. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Shen and Zhao can both do WHAT jumps?

:p
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  17. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

Jessica was part of the French TV show "Tellement Sport" a few minutes ago. She said that Sebastien Britten choregraphed her 2 programs, but Scott helped for the transitions for the short. She also said that her long program is the same music as 2008(Parapluies of Cherbourg) but the choregraphy is completely different.

Here's the interview with Jessica:
    http://www.radio-canada.ca/emission...//www.radio-canada.ca/Medianet/2010/CBFT/bloc
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  18. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Thank you, quebecoise!
  19. Alvyne

Alvyne Active Member

20. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. All this time and Debbi Wilkes still can't say his name properly. :duh:
  21. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Yeah, I noticed that. :lol:

Bryce interviews very well. I really hope that his recovery is successful and that he and Jessica kick butt next year!
  22. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

Me too! If only to piss off those trashy superior euro's.. ;)
  23. Octoberopals

Octoberopals New Member

Good Luck to both of them. Knees are hard to rehab; I've had both replaced & I'm no skater. I will miss watching them skate.
  24. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

I watched Jessica skate today. She did well, considering she must have felt so alone and weird on the ice by herself. A few stumbles.. Hopefully she kicks butt during tomorrow's LP!

Loved the interview with Bryce :)
  25. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

I guess she skated 'well' if 'well' is landing just a 2A and popping the other two jumps in the SP.

In the FS, she landed one triple (a salchow), fell on two jumps, and doubled or singled the rest.

But she finished 7th anyway. I guess the next thing is she will medal at Nationals and go to Worlds.
  26. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

I would hardly equate her seventh place finish with the idea that she'll be propped up to a medal at Nationals. I thought her placement was fair given her obvious advantage in PCS. If anything, it speaks more about how the field in Canadian ladies is still not that deep than about any judging favouritism.

If I were her coaching team, I'd focus on making sure she's landing the salchow more consistently - put it in the short program instead of either the flip or the lutz and maybe not even bother with flip or lutz in the free. Or if she does want to work on the lutz in case she and Bryce want to up their game, focus on lutz and sal only and abandon the flip.
  27. JeffClair1979

JeffClair1979 Active Member

Can we add (but not very well) to the end of the thread title??

OMG who would say that? :-o

I fear my snarkiness is level 4 today, but I LOVE Jess's skating and was very sad to see her not do as well as she could at the challenge. Glad she'll be at Nats, and I think she will pull herself together by then and do well. Probably won't make the world team, but she has nothing to prove in singles, really. She's a world medalist, and I admire her for finding a way to keep practicing her skills while Bryce is in recovery.
  28. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Hahaha. I'm calling your snark a Lv4. :D
  29. ltnskater

ltnskater Active Member

Ummm... I believe the sal is already in her short program (which she popped)... she's doing the lutz in her combo I believe, so there is no flip in her short.

She has landed beautiful flips and lutzes in the past though, I really hope she does get them back consistently and does well at nationals, though I'm not too hopeful :(
  30. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I really admire her for continuing while Bryce is recovering, it must be very difficult for her physically and emotionally. I hope she does well.
  31. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Jessica really did drop the ball on jumps, but I thought she has been for a couple years now, so that's nothing new.

But her skating compared to the girls who'd come before here was so much better, despite the jumps-- so fast, smooth, elegant, etc.. She didn't place top 5 with that program, but 7th seems fair considering the competition.
  32. JillyBean16

JillyBean16 Member

ITA. thats a girl with a lot of courage! Go Jess!
  33. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

The report I read said she singled the flip, but you're right now that I checked the protocol.
  34. Rock2

Rock2 New Member

Yes I'm expecting that, too. Lepisto's 3 triples and inferior skating skills are the new world standard for a medal. Jess is right on track...

Btw is it me or would you say Lepisto is what Nicole Watt would have become if she turned out? I mean...short strokes...stiff back...busy upper body with arms flailing about lookin pretty 'n' all but nicely rushed so as not to have any relation to the music?

Watt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg4t7L4Gyfc

Lepisto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQHn8G8eNmY
  35. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Nicole Watt - now that's a name I haven't "heard" in quite a while. I did enjoy watching her compete the couple of times I saw her.
  36. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

Can you please enhance my learning of the sport by telling me precisely what he she got credit for that he she didn't do? Or this this purely an uninformed opinion based on who you like and don't like?

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2978043&postcount=61

;)
    mag and (deleted member) like this.

37. Nicole Watt had juvenile arthritis, which was ultimately the reason she stopped skating, which is too bad, she was a little spitfire.
  38. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

Lepisto can be somewhat boring, but the Watt comparison was pushing it. I'm never leaving my Finland scarf at home ever again. :p
  39. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Time to take off the Lepisto-hate-colored glasses...Lepisto can be boring to some, but comparing her stroking to Nicole Watt's is like saying Pechalat & Bourzat and Blanc/Loup-Bouquet have similar skating skills. An overall style or impression is *not* interchangeable with actual skating skills.
  40. JillyBean16

JillyBean16 Member

Nicole Watt competed at challenge this past weekend under her married name Nicole Yam. She placed 32nd