Davison Out For The Season - Dube To Skate Singles

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by kimkom, Nov 9, 2010.

1. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

That's extremely serious.

I doubt he's going to return to competitive skating.

I mean it's very much possible (cue Shen/Zhao) but after 3 months hardly moving his leg, it's going to take him an extremely long time to return to shape.

3. brina

brina Well-Known Member

Wow, good luck to her. I hope he recovers fully and quickly!

4. Jun Y

Jun Y Well-Known Member

Broken bone chip in the knee joint. I had that 18 years ago. I did not have surgery (since I was and am no athlete) but they put my knee in a cast for 6 weeks. It took me months afterward to get over the limp, but eventually it recovered to normal (sort of). I don't think the injury itself is necessarily fatal to his career but who knows ...

5. vmfan89

vmfan89 Member

So sorry to here about Bryce, I hope he can recover and that this won't end his skating career.

If Jessica does singles, do you think she might be able to qualify for worlds or four continents considering the caliber of the women's field in Canada without Joannie?

6. kates8

kates8 Member

Sorry to hear about Bryce :(. Just wondering if Jessica did Sectionals in singles? Doesn't one have toqualify in Sectionals to go to Challenge?

7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Wow, I didn't realize Bryce had had such a serious injury. Best of luck to Jessica.

ETA: and to Bryce, of course

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I would imagine they'd give her a bye.

9. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

Dube has all triples up to lutz, no? Her speed and carriage are superior to most Canadian ladies barring Rochette, so she should be in contention.

10. dramagrrl

dramagrrl Active Member

This makes me extremely sad. I know I'm in the vast minority here, but now that S&Z are retired, D&D were by far my favourite pair, and they were one of the few teams I was actually looking forward to seeing in this season's very depleted field. :(

11. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

The article said she skated singles in jr. but I'm sure she skated senior ladies last Canadians I was at. Ottawa, 05 maybe?

I might be wrong and it was only Bryce?

12. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Ouch, that's definitely worse than the vague "knee injury" we'd heard about. Poor Bryce.

How long has it been since Jessica did singles? A couple of seasons?

13. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Me too :(

14. halffull

halffull The most wonderful time of the year :)

Best of luck for a full recovery to Bryce.

Intersting training if Jessica does singles, she and Cynthia would really push each other I hope.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  15. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

It seems the couple has had their share of injuries and accidents.
    We’ve seen quite many injuries and surgeries this season so far. Lepisto, Nagasu, Bates, Virtue and now Davison, to name a few. Nothing would be more frustrating for the athletes than being sidelined for a long period with a serious injury. Wish a fast and complete recovery for each of them.
    Best wishes for Dube, too.

16. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I'm pretty sure she skated singles as a senior. I seem to remember that when people started to take notice of them as a pair, she was still skating singles. Or am I thinking of Meagan Duhamel....:lol:

17. Choupette

Choupette Well-Known Member

Pretty sure of that too... I would say 2006 and 2007 Canadian championships at the very least.

18. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

She didn't (Quebec sectionals just finished this weekend) and one does have to qualify. Perhaps there is some provision for discretion on the part of Skate Canada somewhere in the rulebook.

This really could change the feel of the pairs competition at Canadians, since I think the other pairs assumed they were fighting for silver or lower. Now they would be fighting for the gold.

This has got to be very tough for both of them, but especially Bryce. Sorry to hear about this.

19. dramagrrl

dramagrrl Active Member

She skated in seniors a few times. The last time, I believe, was in 2008, when she finished sixth overall.

20. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Jessica was 8th in 2006 Senior Ladies and 18th in 2007 (this was the year she only skated the short program.) :rollin:

21. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I hope Bryce recovers well from his injury and best of luck to Jessica as she skates in singles this year. They will be missed at Canadians in the pairs competition. :(

22. margiemo

margiemo New Member

Maybe Jessica can skate with Cody Hay he's looking for a partner.

23. dramagrrl

dramagrrl Active Member

Sacrilege! :eek: :mad: :p :lynch:

24. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

I'm sure Bryce would LOVE that. :lol::mad:

I've never heard of this injury, but hopefully Bryce is able to make a full recovery and can skate again by next season. He is young and athletic, so that should help the rehab process. It's sad that D&D won't get to compete this year. :(

25. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

Sorry for Bryce. That sounds awful, and I hope he recovers quickly!

As for Jessica...3 cheers for her! I hope she has a successful season!

26. seaner00

seaner00 New Member

Holy crap this is a shock to the pairs system.
    I hope Bryce can recover well and keep active in some way with the injury.

I'm now looking forward to see what Jessica can do in singles

27. screech

screech Well-Known Member

While Jessica can land the jumps, she isn't a strong (or consistent) jumper. I could see her making the top 10, but with the looks of how Amelie Lacoste, Cynthia Phaneuf and Myriane Samson are able to skate, and if Joannie comes back, I highly doubt Jessica will make the world team.

28. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Since it has been announced that Joannie will be doing the US Stars on Ice tour, it would appear that she is not intending to compete this season.

29. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

Me three. :(

Ouch, that’s extensive. :yikes: Poor guy, he’s going to be miserable being laid up for so long. Best wishes to him for a full recovery. And good for Jess to keep herself busy in the meantime. It'll be nice to see her skate again, but a bit sad to see her skating alone. :(

30. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Jessica can skate with Scott Moir while their partners heal! But which discipline? Can he jump? Can she dance? Inquring minds want to know!