Davis & White #26: Dancing with the Stars on Ice!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by jenniwren12, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perky Shae Lynn

Perky Shae Lynn Well-Known Member

I will say that I have never seen DWTS before this season, so I am no expert. But my impression is that Maks is gentler with Meryl because he understands how demanding her schedule is, and makes her physical well-being his #1 priority. For Val, it was just one night. For Maks, it's a long process. He's a seasoned performer (saw him and Karina on Broadway; they were phenomenal) and gets what it's like to perform in front of a large audience on a nightly basis. I would rather him pace Meryl and make sure she doesn't get exhausted or injured.

2. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

As long as they win, I don't care how they do it :D :p

3. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever Well-Known Member

Don't you think its up to Meryl to decide if she's had enough? I'm sure she would let her partner know if she's overworked. Val's choreography was doubly impressive because he worked with Meryl on the road, and in between her SOI obligations.

4. Boozy

Boozy New Member

5. Muffin

Muffin New Member

Charlie is being a total sweetheart and saying he doesn't care about his scores, but thought Meryl should have gotten four perfect 10s. Too staccato - "Yeah, whatever." :respec: On the Red Carpet: http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=9495298

6. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

It's great to see so many wonderful comments on twitter and the message boards about Meryl and Val's tango! Zendaya Coleman and Elizabeth Berkley, both former DWTS contestants, praised them on twitter.

I hope Sharna and Charlie kill it next week too!

7. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

8. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Sharna goes :lynch: on the judges a bit in this interview. I love her :) And she also tells us that she and Charlie have a jazz routine next week that may make them pass out at the end. Sounds like Charlie will not be a prince, since that is what everyone is expecting, and I LOVE that. I'm only hoping that Maks goes an unexpected, creative route for Meryl as well.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=9495297

9. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

10. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

And here I am, worrying whether Charlie can make it through this coming week's eliminations. :slinkaway:

That is one fangirly huffpost article.

Jazz should be great for Charlie..but where is there Jazz in Disney? The Aristocats? Do we get a real Charlie puppy from The Lady & The Tramp? Or from 101 Dalmatians?

11. Terri

Terri Well-Known Member

Meryl & Charlie were amazing! Meryl has killed every dance so far. I'm so impressed with her & Val as well. I just want to see her with Val from now on. They've teased us with this one week switch-up. Charlie was awesome in his rhumba. He really brought it as far as performance. They're doing great & I hope they can keep this up with their crazy SOI/DWTS schedule.

12. Johnny_Fever

13. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Charlie wuzrobbing for Meryl. I love it!

14. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Bring back Charlie's hair! Pleasseeeee! I don't think this dance reflected his talent properly. I hope things are better with Sharna next week.
    Meryl absolutely killed it! She looked every inch the pro!
    I liked Julianne as a dancer but I don't think she adds much as a judge. Getting tired of her digs at Mark (yes, we know you used to be partners but move on, please) and her "blunt" remarks to others. And what is Carrie Anne on? Just don't get her marks a lot of the time. Tom said Ricky Martin is going to be a guest judge soon - that could be fun. I didn't hear who else he mentioned.

15. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

16. Terri

Terri Well-Known Member

While we're dreaming, I'd like them to do two more seasons & retire after Worlds in Boston. :)

17. Johnny_Fever

He looked good without that silly beach bum hairdo. Clean cut for a change.

18. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

19. Terri

Terri Well-Known Member

:rofl:

20. lmarie086

Yes, I love seeing their reactions. And loved how pissed Meryl looked at the comments for Charlie. :lol:

21. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

22. lmarie086

One thing I'd like to see is Charlie show himself as more multi-dimensional in his packages. He's such a fun, nice guy- let's really see it! He should talk about how good he is at balancing different things-he's got DWTS and SOI right now, he's had hockey, skating and school before. Talk about violin, I don't know, just different things.

ETA: I could actually see Charlie as a pirate. And I'd love for Meryl to be a borrower from The Secret World of Arietty (fantastic movie!) but my first choice is still Esmeralda).

23. jenniwren12

jenniwren12 Active Member

24. AnnieD

AnnieD Active Member

Initially I was thinking the same thing about it not being from those three movies, but I looked back at the quote and the reporter asks him if he's going to be Prince Eric, Gaston or Aladdin and he says he's going to be another character. Really, really hoping that they're doing Beauty and the Beast - it would suit them down to the ground!

25. Skittl1321

How does another character give us a clue? Disney does fiction- they are all characters.

26. Marlie fan

Marlie fan New Member

Maks told OK Magazine that he's disappointed the producers gave Meryl the AT this week:

I'm still disappointed too. I know Val did a fabulous job with it, but I'd like to see Maks & Meryl do it.

I hope that there is a judge's choice dance and they give the AT to them.

27. jenniwren12

jenniwren12 Active Member

I think she meant that because Maks said it was a different character, not a different movie, it could still be Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin.

28. Bliss784

Bliss784 New Member

I was a little surprised there was no mention during the show of Charlie and Meryl's travelling situation this week. We all know, but the general public doesn't. Like BTW, these two performed two ice shows this week and trained for DWTS. Their professionals flew cross country for them. They obviously found a makeshift practice space (with all the chairs and tables pushed aside). Any reason NOT to mention this?

I just have to say that I agreed with the negatives of Charlie and Peta's dance. Even during the performance just kept thinking there's too much posing And is this a Rumba? However, I think this was more on Peta and felt more comments should have been made to her, not Charlie.

29. Skittl1321

They did show them skyping, where all the other pros just dropped in, so i think they alluded to the situation.

30. AnnieD

AnnieD Active Member

Yes, the character mentioned from Beauty and the Beast was Gaston. He didn't say that they weren't using any of those movies, just none of those characters. If they did the title track to Beauty and the Beast it wouldn't be Gaston he'd be playing, it'd be the beast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.