Davis & White #26: Dancing with the Stars on Ice!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by jenniwren12, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Good one!

Marlie Monday is nice, but I always have this fear it will jinx them.

2. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

3. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

4. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

I was too busy looking at Meryl's dresses to notice Charlie's tuxes. They're so lovely and she looks smashing in every single one! The only dress I didn't like was that aqua colored one in the second to last picture.

5. caitie

caitie Member

I wish I could come up with better tiles from the English lyrics of that J.Lo song they skated to in 2012, since it's definitely a ~party anthem. The best I can come up with is:

Davis & White: They Gon' Be It On The Floor
    Davis & White: They Never Quit, They Never Rest On The Floor

I think Marlie Mondays is cute, but I see how that could strike some as jinxy.

6. Nadia2013

Nadia2013 Well-Known Member

No to "Marlie Mondays" then. We definitely don't want them to be jinxed.

I like Johnny_Fever's suggestion too: Phone it in for Davis & White. It doesn't hurt to remind people to vote. :)

7. mollymgr

Davis and White: Happy Feet

Throwback to their 2008-09 OD :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  8. newbatgirl

newbatgirl Well-Known Member

9. Nadia2013

10. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

11. Nadia2013

It's the first time I've ever seen Meryl look that tired.

12. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I really hope they're not overdoing it, and I hope once both SOI and DWTS are over they get to go on long vacations-and that Meryl can finally get her puppy, and watch Game of Thrones.

13. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

They look great in rehearsals but I also worry this crazy schedule of their's is going to catch up to them.

14. belladashwood

belladashwood Member

You know what we'll just have to agree to disagree, and because I'm not changing what I personally think about it. Also you must have missed in that post that if anyone wants debate about Maks partnership w/ Hope Solo then take it to the general DWTS thread in the Off the Beaten Track section, most of us here wanna talk about Meryl and Charlie what they have going on for next week's dances, so please don't continue anymore talk about that here.

15. mollymgr

Just the thought of changing time zones by 3 hours two times a week seems grueling in and of itself. To add bus rides, practice and performing on top of that takes it to a level of superhuman.:kickass: Hopefully, it will get a smidge better as the tour gets closer to the west coast. The show packages surprisingly make no mention of it.:confused: The "ringer"-iness is totally nullified by what they have to go through making it a level playing field.

16. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

17. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

18. belladashwood

belladashwood Member

19. belladashwood

belladashwood Member

I definitely like this one, it's a subtle reminder for everyone to vote for Meryl and Charlie

20. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Well-Known Member

They do look tired--I thought Meryl looked tired also in the video package this week--I hope they can get some rest somehow! Hopefully it gets easier next week when the tour shifts to the West Coast.

Well, whatever his past history, Maks seems very supportive of Meryl right now, which makes me happy.

21. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I know! I mean unless they've requested that SOI not factor in to their show packages, I'm amazed it isn't mentioned more. Jules mentioned it on Afterbuzz, so why not on DWTS itself? When it was Evan I feel like they couldn't mention it enough; it was always coming up.

22. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I agree that they (especially Meryl) looks very tired. Hopefully they can find time to rest. I'm impressed with their determination.

What gesture was Meryl making around :19 sec? I wonder if has to do with costumes. I love seeing a preview of rehearsals. I have been curious as to why SOI hasn't been mentioned. They must have decided not to mention it on the show.

24. jenniwren12

jenniwren12 Active Member

I'm taking party anthem to mean a really popular dance club song, and that's hardly "Feel So Close," but I can picture it as a tango. As long as Maks remembers the rules and doesn't break hold, I think their dance will be fine. Of course, how they perform hardly has any impact on what their scores are!

25. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Is Maks wearing Cody Simpson pants?

26. Terri

Terri Well-Known Member

This is my first season watching as well & I am also enjoying Val the most of the male pros - though they are all so good that the others aren't far behind him.

27. cheriepopo

cheriepopo Active Member

I liked that OD a lot!:D I was impressed by how Charlie made so many mistakes(at least 2 falls I think, and off on other elements too) during their OD at Cup of Russia that season, while Meryl still managed to deliver her parts well. There was a screen-snap of Charlie fell out of the camera with Meryl kept her happy dancing face during the MidLine step in a thread, and somebody said that maybe some day when D/W became world or Olympic medalists, they would look at that picture with a smile. :D Wow it feels like a century ago thinking about this OD!:lol: (hope I'm not off-topic! lol)

p.s. I enjoy reading all the posts in this thread! :D

28. mollymgr

Now that they are Olympic Gold Medalists, looking back at it, it was a key turning point for the better in their career. There were also some adorable pics from that OD. :)

http://www.meryl-charlie.com/2009/01/2009-nationals-photos.html

29. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

Those are great pics! Meryl and Charlie look gorgeous in them! And I miss seeing Igor in Kiss n Cry with them.

30. caitie

caitie Member

Ooo, that's definitely "Feel So Close" in the background of that clip. I actually really like that song, and the remix was definitely a popular club song last year.

LOL, if it's the one I think you mean, it's one of my favorite pictures of them: http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...1-e036-5d9c-8902-72044e6e536c.preview-300.jpg

Good catch! It definitely looks like she is taking off a jacket or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.