Davis & White #26: Dancing with the Stars on Ice!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by jenniwren12, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just hope Peta doesn't feel guilty about the judges going on and on about the dance not being a rumba. Whether it was or wasn't, she did a nice job with it, imo.

2. Nadia2013

Nadia2013 Well-Known Member

:lol: I mistakenly remembered Meryl's score last week as 37. You're right. 39 + 39 = HOLY COW 78/80. Daaaaaammmmnnnn, girl!

3. Michelle24

Michelle24 Member

Had to rewatch Meryl's AT. At the end of it you can hear Val tell Meryl "I love you baby" and Meryl says I love you back.

Yeah, these two DEFINITELY did not get along... :p

4. Nadia2013

5. CassAgain

CassAgain Well-Known Member

6. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

There is nothing androgynous about Peta. She looked smokin and womanly. They looked like a pair, not brothers. She brought it out of Charlie and it was organic to me. Maybe if we could morph Peta and Sharna into one person we'd have something. I like Charlie's hair. It needs to be that way for the sexier dances...and no pony was perfect. Slicked back tiny pony tails remind me of pervy older men. There was no hip action, so that was honest. If Carrie Ann is going to knock points for lifts I'd like some consistency.

Meryl and Val were awesome. I knew that song had a load of potential (though how Len could knock Val for staccato movement, when the music required it is beyond me). It was sexy without neon too sensual. Leave that for her and Maks. Meryl seemed to be enjoying her man sandwich and I'm sure the Chmerkovskiy grandmother has her on speed dial. She's really blossoming as a dancer.

7. operagirl

operagirl Active Member

I have a few friends who work on American Idol, which tapes in the studio next to DWTS, and word is that Charlie is in a bit of vote trouble. VOTE!

8. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I threw him more phone votes tonight and all my Facebook votes...how much vote trouble are we talking?

9. olympiax

olympiax Member

Leaderboard:
    Meryl Davis and Val Chmerkovskiy (78 out of 80)
    James Maslow and Cheryl Burke (71 out of 80)
    Amy Purdy and Mark Ballas (70 out of 80)
    Charlie White and Peta Murgatroyd (69 out of 80)
    Danica McKellar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy (68 out of 80)
    Cody Simpson and Sharna Burgess (66 out of 80)
    Drew Carey and Witney Carson (63 out of 80)
    NeNe Leakes and Derek Hough (63 out of 80)
    Candace Cameron Bure and Tony Dovolani (60 out of 80)

I don't think Charlie is in too much trouble considering his placement :/

10. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

I've watched this three times now and all I can say is wow. Just...wow. I still hate this music for the AT, but there's no denying that Meryl danced the crap out of it. I hope that when she and Maks get back together next week that he'll step up the difficulty in the choreography because I'm starting to believe there's nothing she can't do!

11. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Are the Vocal Vault videos sped up? Because Meryl and Val's dance is so fast in places, it doesn't look real. :eek:

Did some :COP: calculations to figure out how best to vote for both Meryl and Charlie tonight. Just kidding, 1/3 and 2/3!

12. missysays

missysays Active Member

Now that's an Argentine Tango!!! I think that's the best AT I've seen on DWTS. And I love that they were both able to perform full out and have incredible technique. Val is a stricter teacher than his brother but I think it shows because Meryl's footwork was on point this week. Her dances with Maks have been really good but I did notice as Julianne pointed out that her footwork was sometimes not as grounded as it could be. But not this week!

I love Val's choreography- I feel like he puts a lot of thought and synthesis into his choreography and tonight he had a perfect partner to execute it.

They were awesome! I did not like that song at all going into tonight but he made it work. So proud of the both of them.:hat1:

13. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

The DWTS discussion boards on both previously.tv and TWoP are blowing up about how Julianne was an obnoxious, rude little shit with her dig at Maks saying that he "phoned it in" to get back with Meryl.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  14. jenniwren12

jenniwren12 Active Member

And I think it's fair to say both she and Charlie brought the sexy in the dances tonight. I'm proud of both of them; they are truly growing as performers. I'm honestly wondering if this won't inspire them to do one more competitive season? A girl can dream...

15. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

I agree. Each week gets better and better.:swoon:

16. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

That comment really was uncalled for. It was disrespectful not just to Maks, but also Danica and Meryl by insinuation. Keep the personal crap off the dance floor and stop penalizing the celebs who have no part in whatever spat the Houghs and Chmerkovskiys are having. Whether real or imaginary.

17. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Wow, Meryl. Just wow.

18. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

:rofl: at Maks sweeping the floor for her Majesty's entrance and then holding onto her as long as possible, even while hugging his own brother. And then his missed swipe to grab her again after the scores.

19. Kaffeine

Kaffeine Well-Known Member

Holy crap, Meryl. I literally GOT CHILLS watching that!

and I'm on the bandwagon of one more competitive season...i can dream too :D

20. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch the look(s) on NeNe's face when Meryl and Val received their scores? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I loved that part! :D

Here is a lower quality video of Meryl and Val including their pre dance package.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEy4Ij_LMg4

22. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

Seriously, these two are superhuman.:respec: I don't know how they do it? They should be jet-lagged and pooped after all the SOI this weekend(seems like last night was late with all the TV shooting going on), and not killing it on the ballroom floor. :lol:

ETA: They are Olympic Champions for a reason. :)

23. jenniwren12

I saw Cheryl and Paul in the audience, right behind Meryl and Val while they were dancing. They must be so proud!

24. Muffin

Muffin New Member

Meryl's dance was obviously amazing, but I'd like to point out how sharp and fast her foot movements were. Whatever advantages figure skaters may have on this show, it is NOT footwork because it is so different from what they do with their feet on skates, so this was extra exceptional. But frankly, it was exceptional compared to a pro dancer dancing an AT. I'm so proud!

Also, figure skating fans who know Meryl & Charlie already keep commenting that they are at a disadvantage on this show because they don't show their personalities. That really hasn't been true. Non-fs fans on the DWTS boards are constantly commenting about how adorable Charlie is and how great his personality is. And Meryl was adorable in her package tonight, especially when she did the trust fall.

25. applelady

applelady Active Member

I'm by no means any kind of dance expert (as many of you on here obviously are, so I defer to you) BUT I can spot inconsistency in voting when I see it, and as was previously mentioned, I just don't get marking Charlie down for things that others are not marked down for. I get that they are holding Meryl and Charlie to a higher level and expecting more, but 7?? It just seems to me that they low-balled Meryl the first couple of weeks and now they're doing the same to Charlie. I know the whole "ringers" thing and all, but it seems like a type of reverse discrimination to me. I also admit I don't consistently watch DWTS, so I don't really know how they do things, but anyway, I thought he did a great job tonight, and of course Meryl was amazing and deserved every one of her 10s. I was proud of Charlie for handling his criticism with such grace (that's our Charlie ;) and I was equally proud of Meryl for looking decidedly NOT AMUSED when he was being critiqued. The Queen did not seem to take too kindly to those knocking her King :lol:

26. Jessiebanana

Thanks! Maks is killing me. "You open up your heart and you get stabbed!"

27. Jessiebanana

Meryl looked like she was cracking her knuckles during the judges comments. I was like WATCH OUT. The queen is displeased.

28. jenniwren12

Alright, since you know all the girls next week are going to want to be princesses, I kind of want to see Meryl do a villain's song, so we can have an excuse to dub those clips of evil!Meryl on Tessa&Scott :D

29. missysays

missysays Active Member

I think her footwork tonight was the direct result of Val's stricter and more detail-oriented teaching. Maks isn't quite as detail oriented when it comes to technique and footwork. For this couple, I sort of wish they could have another week together.

But Meryl with Maks has been nice too. :)

30. Nadia2013

I want a man who will braid my hair for me...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.