Davis & White #26: Dancing with the Stars on Ice!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by jenniwren12, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

So it would seem Meryl and Charlie are handling the first week of DWTS and SOI pretty well!

2. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Meryl is shining on this show so well. I actually think she looks better with Val. That was her best dance yet. Glad TPTB saved the best for last!

3. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Atta girl, Meryl! :cheer2: :respec:

4. brina

brina Well-Known Member

I wonder if Maks is being a little too easy on Meryl, trying to not pick on her technique so much because he obviously respects her. It sounds like a little tough love from his brother did a lot of good!

5. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

I didn't see it yet (West Coast) but i am guessing she wasn't struggling :D

6. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Julianne's compliment to Meryl redeemed her *somewhat* for her diss on Maks.

You are in for a treat. Hopefully you have a cigarette for when they're done :smokin:

7. jenniwren12

jenniwren12 Active Member

Yeah, and from what we heard from Danica as well, it sounds like Maks isn't pushing hard enough. Maybe he'll take something away from tonight and return tomorrow morning as Drill Sergeant Maks :lol:

8. olympiax

olympiax Member

9. Michelle24

Michelle24 Member

Meryl is the Queen of the dance floor, 'nuff said. :glamor:

But I missed the very ending with the phone numbers, can anyone tell me if they stayed the same with the switch? I don't want to accidentally vote for Nene or something...:yikes:

10. Nadia2013

Nadia2013 Well-Known Member

Whoops. Someone already posted the video for Charlie. :)
    Charlie's facial expressions were very good! The dance was sultry. Better than what I expected. I don't think it deserved a 7.

11. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

I think Carrie Ann is on crack! :rolleyes: She scored Drew, Cody and Nene HIGHER than Charlie!?! :eek: Are you effing kidding me?!? :huh:

12. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Maks needs to add more content to their dances. Meryl can handle it!

13. Jessica

Jessica Active Member

There the same.

14. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

Off course I do. :)

15. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

The phone numbers stayed the same.

16. Michelle24

Michelle24 Member

Good, thanks!

17. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

What were the scores tonight?

18. Nadia2013

I just realized that Meryl's combined score from last week and this week is 76/80. WOW.

Edit: Her score last week was 39. This week's score is 39. Total is 78/80. Sorry...It's been a looong day. :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  19. Nadia2013

From what I've read, Charlie's score is 33. Meryl's score is 39.

20. olympiax

olympiax Member

78 :lol:

21. missysays

missysays Active Member

Still catching up on videos as they post on YT... I thought Charlie did a good job of the dance and of the emotional feel for the dance but for me I didn't like the way they were styled. Peta and Charlie are already close in height and with their hair slicked back in the exact same style I felt like they were an androgynous team not really a romantic couple. There was something oddly space age about the two of them.

Can't wait for Meryl's dance to come on YT. :D

22. Marlie fan

Marlie fan New Member

Wow. Meryl was fabulous. To have Julianne Hough say she wishes she could dance like her?!? What a compliment. I do think she has more chemistry with Maks, but her dance with Val was great.

For Charlie, I actually liked that dance better than the ones he's done with Sharna so far, despite the lack of real Rumba moves. He and Peta did look alike with their hair, lol, but I didn't get that feeling they were brother and sister.

I thought Amy was fantastic. I liked her dance better than any of the ones she's done with Derek so far. Derek just seems to hold her and move her around a lot. She didn't seem to do much real dancing with him. But with Mark, she moved around a lot on her own and had great hip action.

I didn't like NeNe and Derek's dance at all. And I didn't like NeNe's costume either. It made her look larger and created the appearance of an even bigger size difference with Derek. Derek's Macy's dance, however, I liked a lot.

Finally, where was the head-butting between Val and "poor Meryl" and Danica and Maks? I thought they "didn't get along," according to some little birdies. Somehow I think the conspiracy nuts are going to claim that the producers edited out the fireworks between those couples because they wanted to placate "the brothers" and let them win. :lol:

Anyway, "poor Meryl" had a helluva night! :encore::encore::encore:

23. belladashwood

belladashwood Member

Carrie Ann would've given Charlie an 8, but she deducted a point for the lift

24. Finley

Finley New Member

That was amazing!

25. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Time for my weekly rant about the uselessness of Carrie Ann Inaba. At no time should Charlie be getting anything less than an 8, Carrie Ann! :mad::angryfire And I'll bet anyone good money that if Len hadn't spoken first, she'd never have said the same things. She'd never even have thought of them.

Haven't seen Meryl's dance yet, but can't wait as reading everyone's raves about it is making me anxious!

26. Polly Anna C

Polly Anna C New Member

I saw the scores before I saw the dance. The minute Peta's feet came off the floor I knew why Carrie Ann gave the 7. She will kill you every time there's a lift.

27. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Agreed!

I've only watched DWTS when Kristi and Evan were on, so I don't know much about her except what I've seen this season. All she does is drool over the shirtless hunks, and nit-pick dancers who are probably a lot better than she ever was as a dancer. I really don't care for her at all.

Side note: Erin Andrews is really working my nerves, too! :blah:

28. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

Well Peta can take a flying leap because nobody should EVER mess with Charlie's curls...that is the source of his power.

29. olympiax

olympiax Member

30. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Agree. Len is being rather harsh on Charlie. I'm assuming it's one of those we're tough on you because you're the best situations. I thought Peta did a great job getting that out of Charlie tonight, she deserves credit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.