Davis & White #26: Dancing with the Stars on Ice!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by jenniwren12, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

No, they don't have to be Disney princesses- she could end up being a flying carpet, lucky cricket, or tea pot for all we know.

2. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Yes, it's Disney Night/Week, not Disney Princess Week. Although I think it would be quite a "unique challenge" to see Charlie, James, Cody, and Drew portraying Disney Princesses. :p

And if Meryl/Maks dance their samba to "Under the Sea" I certainly am hoping that their costumes reflect the character of the dance more than the actual animated characters. Maks as Sebastian the crab?1? :yikes: :scream:

3. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

4. belladashwood

belladashwood Member

well, if Meryl and Maks samba is to Under the Sea, I still hope she's at least costumed similar to Ariel, I don't care what they put Maks in for it :p.

5. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

The samba is a difficult dance. And poor Meryl has no hips to speak of....

6. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

He might look good in red :D

Can they/do they take songs only from the movies or from the musicals as well? They actually might have different rhythms (ones that fit) :p

7. belladashwood

belladashwood Member

The hardest thing about the Samba is the getting the bounce and all the rhythm changes (it's the hardest latin dance to learn & I hate it, I had a much easier time learning the Cha-cha & Mambo), but Meryl's hip action as evidenced by her cha-cha is much better than Charlie's was in his rumba.

8. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Clearly you've never seen Mark samba. Hip action is not the same thing as having feminine wide hip structure.

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Who wouldn't!

10. jenniwren12

jenniwren12 Active Member

I love that we have some ballroom dancers on the board to enlighten us :) teach us your ways!

11. brina

brina Well-Known Member

Ugh, They went on a show willingly with Jenny McCarthy? I know they have their obligations... but really. This is the woman who single-handedly brought back many near-eradicated diseases..

12. belladashwood

belladashwood Member

All I've really done is the DWTS workout dvd's, and believe me they're not easy, but they're a great way to learn a lot of the basic steps for Latin & Ballroom dances

13. olympiax

olympiax Member

I'm not sure what rhythm this would fit under, but I'd like to see someone dance to Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride or He Mele No Lilo :)

14. jenniwren12

jenniwren12 Active Member

I saw on twitter that Maks and Sharna are at the SOI show tonight! How fun! Hopefully we'll get some of that in the rehearsal package!

15. Marlie fan

Marlie fan New Member

I also don't think Amy will win. She surely has been inspirational and a great role model, but the sympathy/Derek vote can only go so far when there are some clear limitations in the dancing. However, I don't think Charlie will make it to the end either. One, I don't think he's dancing as strongly as Meryl. He doesn't seem to be as fully invested in his character or dance as Meryl is. I think Meryl is a better actor and better at emoting. Two, Sharna has only 19,000 twitter followers whereas Maks and some of the male stars have hundreds of thousands or more. I think that can make a big difference, and Charlie is at a disadvantage here. Here's how I think the top 5 will pan out, in the order they will end up in:

1. Meryl
    2. James
    3. Amy
    4. Charlie
    5. Danica or Cody

I think James will make it to the finals because he's a good dancer, he's got a huge 2.9 million twitter following, and Carrie Anne and Bruno have the hots for him so he'll get bonus hotness points every week the rest of the way. :)

16. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to try out the DWTS dvds; do you recommend them, then?

17. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever Well-Known Member

I was just about to say that I'm jealous that Charlie got to meet Jenny McCarthy. I agree, however, that her stance on vaccinations is wrong.

18. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

I liked that Meryl & Charlie got a standing O on that View appearances. Shock. The audience recognized them. :)

19. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for posting this link. I kept looking for it on youtube and never could find it. :)

20. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this! I didn't expect Meryl and Charlie to come out like that! My gosh, they're everywhere these days!

21. Marlie fan

Marlie fan New Member

Have you watched "The Ice" videos of that competition in Japan in 2012? Until I saw them a few weeks before DWTS started, I would have thought the same thing as you. But those videos show Meryl really bringing it, hips included. I was shocked when I saw them, as I didn't know she had all that movement in her. That's why I am not surprised she is doing so well on DWTS.

22. olympiax

olympiax Member

I had the same thought in regards to Charlie. I think the producers may try to keep him on because Charlie vs. Meryl though

23. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever Well-Known Member

It first I was puzzled that D/W flew across the country to appear on The View, but now it makes sense. They're skating in Newark tonight anyway. What I would give to attend a meet & greet at tonight's show.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  24. belladashwood

belladashwood Member

Just an update on Disney week dances:
    Note: all couples will be dancing to a different song from a different movie, so 9 Disney movies represented.

- Charlie & Sharna have Jazz, and he will NOT be a Disney prince; so start brainstorming on what he has :confused:

- Meryl & Maks will be dancing a Samba to an iconic song; Maks will not be Aladdin, Eric, or Gaston; top guess right now is Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid

-Cody and Witney will also be dancing the Samba, have music from Lion King; song guesses are either I Just Can't Wait to Be King or Hakuna Matata

-Candace was asked by producers & stated Little Mermaid is her fave Disney movie but didn't seem confident that she'll get that, but knowing Meryl & Maks have the Samba w/ a strong possibility of Under the Sea as their song and her & Mark having not much luck on getting certain song requests like Happy (that went to Charlie & Sharna), they may not have The Little Mermaid :confused:

-James and Peta have Let it Go from Frozen and will be dancing contemporary

- Derek hinted at being a pumpkin, so it sounds like he & Amy may have something from Cinderella

- Tony said he's gonna be a dog :dog:?!? He and Nene will be dancing the Foxtrot, my top song guess is to Cruella Deville from 101 Dalmations (Nene would make a fabulous Cruella :rofl:)

25. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

Me too! I've been wanting to buy those DVDs for a long time now but some of the reviews on Amazon discouraged me from doing so.

26. belladashwood

belladashwood Member

Yeah, I totally recommend them, just expect to do lots of rewinding in order to learn the steps.

27. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

I hope they have a blast! It would be cool for the fans if they actually showed up at the meet and greet.

28. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Jazz as in Jazz, the rhythm, like New Orleans Jazz, or jazz as in jazz dance?

29. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

Loved that the audience recognized them! And I just sat through an entire segment featuring only Sherrie Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy, if that doesn't make me an uber, then I do don't know what does.

Speaking of SOI, I saw a picture of Sharna and Maks at the show tonight, I wonder if we'll get any fluff featuring Maks and Sharna on the ice with them?

Jazz as in the dance, but this show plays fast and lose with that style. Cody had jazz and he did hip hop, Nene also had jazz and well....

30. CassAgain

CassAgain Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.