Davis & White #19: Two Twirly Twizzles

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    mollymgr and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

And a Charlie puppy in a pear tree. :D

3. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

:lol:

4. Kaffeine

Kaffeine Well-Known Member

Sorely tempted to illustrate a Charlie puppy...:p

5. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Meryl already drew a Charlie Puppy ;) in her NHK silly interview where the question about what would you be if not yourself was asked. Charlie wanted to be a puppy. Meryl wanted to be the owner of a Charlie Puppy :lol: and her sheet of paper had a drawing of a puppy that had a decidedly Charlie look to it.

6. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

:lol:

7. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

I don't know what it looked like but I'm thinking something like a yellow Labradoodle?

8. mollymgr

5xvPB

9. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

10. Kaffeine

11. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Gotta give props to Nathalie for showing up in casual training outfit. The girls in dance are the only ones who come to official practices in full glamour - hair, make-up, official competition dresses... I don't quite get why. It's like, you don't have to look perfect all the time, it's enough if you look perfect in competition.

ETA: Just took a peak at the #18 last posts and I saw a few comments on the SD dress. Well, for me it's perfect and she shouldn't change a thing about it. The color is divine, the skirt flows and moves beautifully as Meryl dances and the top with the sparkles is glamour but very refined and classy. I love every single part of this dress, so please Meryl don't change a thing! (work on the FD costume instead ;))

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  12. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Since there was some discussion toward the end of the last thread about favorite D/W performances, I'll always love this version of Eleanor Rigby. It wasn't perfect by any means, and I still like the later version, but I love the more contemporary approach to their dancing here. Sometimes I wonder what route D/W would have gone if they had been fully prepared for the start of the season (though I know Charlie had an injury so it was out of their hands) and if the program had been more cohesive.

I still really like the entrance to the twizzles here, and wish things like that still mattered more today.

(Sorry if this version had been posted in that recent discussion! I didn't happen to see it, so I assumed it wasn't)

13. E.A. Week

E.A. Week Active Member

It's killing me that the senior SD isn't until tomorrow, and it's the last part of the competition. I don't know if my nerves can take much more of this. :yikes:

14. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

15. Kaffeine

That man is ridiculously cute. :lol:

16. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

"I JUST MET YOU AND I LOVE YOU!"

17. CassAgain

CassAgain Well-Known Member

We are anxiously awaiting an ice-apocalypse scheduled to arrive early Friday morning. No school tomorrow makes a 3:15 (CST) start time much more appealing. I may even set my alarm for pairs.

18. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  19. Kaffeine

I've always laughed when people say Meryl doesn't use her core..or has no core strength. To get anywhere in skating, no matter the discipline, your core must be strong.

20. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

21. Jessiebanana

22. Kaffeine

So excited! So far, from what I've read, their practices have been going well :)

23. E.A. Week

E.A. Week Active Member

I'm encouraged by those reports, as well as by the photos where MC are glowing with happiness and confidence (and looking technically very sharp as well). Fingers crossed! At this point, my butterflies have butterflies. :0

24. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

25. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

26. mollymgr

marmalade and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Jessiebanana

Since this isn't clear enough by the "lol" smiley, this statement was not meant to be literal. It's a play on one of their more unfair criticisms. I do actually love how great they look in this picture. I don't want anyone else to be offended.

Maybe the eye roll smiley would have been a better choice.

28. Kaffeine

I'm not offended and it's a good picture :)

29. Kaffeine

That whole article is one big :rolleyes:

30. Jessiebanana

Yay! Thanks.

I actually peaked in the V/M thread, why do I do that, and someone tried to use the exact same picture as an example of their unmatching lines :confused:. They couldn't be more matching, in parallel, if you held rulers up to their legs. It makes you wonder what exactly do other people see in their minds...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.