Davis & White #18: I Could've Danced All 1001 Nights

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by TanithandBenFan, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Kaffeine

Kaffeine Well-Known Member

A new end pose for the FD. Something that (should they win :D) will be an iconic image.

2. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I'm still torn on something else: whether or not their potential win at the GPF will be a good or a bad sign. Lol I know these days they don't really give us anything to worry about so we come up with silly stuff like this, but still. If they win the GPF, we will be wanting them to have another undefeated season, which would be great... but how possible? On the other hand a win in Fukuoka would strenghten their reputation as world #1, as well as their confidence. Would send them to Sochi as leaders. But then again, it makes me think about 2010.

I know, I know, I'm creating my own problems :p Still, I think whoever wins the GPF will affect the Olys, one way or another.

3. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Ugh, I feel the same way. As of right now, I think they're at a better place to win the GPF, especially combined with V/Ms bad GP luck. It seems almost inevitable they'll win, assuming that don't have a bad fall. I think V/M will really need the next couple months to improve their FD.

But I would hate for them to be punished for winning. I don't think they will, I think the judges are favoring their program this season *and* they haven't committed to Worlds yet, right? So that wouldn't be a perfect season, if they didn't go.

4. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

5. mia joy

mia joy New Member

^ lol is the little face at the bottom Charlie? :lol:

6. Jessiebanana

That fan art just made me realize how much of a hair couple they would be!

7. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

Either Charlie or Gracie Gold. :D

(Just kidding, but the blond hair and big smile made me think of the :confused: "Does Gracie have too big a smile thread".)

8. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

For a moment, it looked like it was Apolo Ohno.:lol:

9. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

LOL at Charlie in the corner with both flags.

10. Kaffeine

Less than a week until GPF! :kickass::cheer2:

Here's to hopefully a 5th consecutive GPF title! They've got the programs, the drive, the scores, and history behind them :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  11. E.A. Week

E.A. Week Active Member

YES!!! I will be rooting so hard for them to have two amazing performances!

12. Jessiebanana

Don't forget the Japanese crowd. They're great to everyone, but they love M/C. It's better than a home crowd tbh.

13. Kaffeine

That's true. I am excited to see what changes they have done, especially now that Alex Wong has been helping them.

14. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

I wonder what costumes we'll see. :biggrinbo Charlie's FD costume is all set IMO.

Meryl's SLC FD costume is my favorite costume she's ever worn. The cut and design is perfect. :swoon: I don't know if that design works in a stronger color, but that dress in teal would be spectacular.

15. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

So excited! Gooooo Meryl and Charlie! :cheer: :cheer2:

I love the pink dress for their short but I thought the lavender dress was absolutely exquisite and I'm really hoping it makes another appearance soon :)

16. Jessiebanana

I think the light color was a huge part. It kind of blended into to her skin giving her a delicate ethereal appearance.

I'm trying to go into this without too many expectations. I just hope they skate well and dazzle the audience. Whatever else happens, happens. I'm going to think about this positively, even if they lose the GPF it will be nice for T/S to win one before they retire.

17. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I am hoping their SD costumes stay untouched. For SD, I hope they nail that midline finally and get it the level 4 it deserves!

For FD definitely new costume for Meryl, like I said many times, one that matches Charlie's outfit a bit more. I also liked the SLC dress better, it was more delicate and delicate always looks good on Meryl. As far as the dance goes, maybe the transition before the last step sequence. And a new end pose. Other than that, everything is great.

18. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

I feel like I harp on this, but would it honestly kill NBC to feature Meryl and Charlie in just one Olympic promo? During the Holiday skating show, NBC showed a promo featuring medal winners from Vancouver, except figure skating, they chose to show Gracie Gold.

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm annoyed by the lack of attention they give M/C too, but I think Pandora sponsors Gracie. That might be one reason why she got a spotlight in this particular show.

20. emka

emka New Member

NBC videos

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/20...ympics-figure-skating-ice-dancing-sportsdash/
    http://i.nbcolympics.com/video/assetid=bdcf2c02-e64a-4dad-90ef-8bc5c4d22dd4.html
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-y...g-turn-silver-gold-194429402--ocid.yahoo.html
    http://i.nbcolympics.com/photos/galleryid=304025.html#meryl davis charlie white

All this silly ubber talk of D-W not have any NBC promotion, all in dream mind of D-W ubber. But you can dream wonderful dream :lol:

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Two of those links were from Vancouver and the others were from October. :rolleyes: No one said they didn't have any NBC promotion, but should have more considering they are Olympic medalists and World Champions.

22. emka

emka New Member

Recent media coverage of D-W
    http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/09/daviswhite-lead-ice-dance-russian-pair-wins-in-tokyo/
    http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/09/daviswhite-dance-to-nhk-trophy-crown/
    http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/20...a-ice-dancing-figure-skating-tatsuki-machida/
    http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/spor...ting-Meryl-Davis-Charlie-White-228342791.html

Everyone watch less TV, more internet now what do you expect :rofl: Even D-W make friends with judges on Facebook, this is smart journey to Sochi :rofl:
    They do great PR work on Twitter just ask Tanith Belbin and Evan Bates :rofl:

23. E.A. Week

E.A. Week Active Member

To say nothing of Gracie being neither a National champion nor a World or Olympic or GPF medalist. She's been on one World team and has not had the best GP season this fall. Meanwhile, DW are Olympic silver medalists, 2-time World champs, 5-time National champions, and 4-time GPF champs. Based only on competitve results, it's hardly unreasonable to wonder why they aren't featured more prominently in NBC's advertising for Sochi.

24. emka

emka New Member

Why must D-W get featured in this Pandora Skating Special if they are not even skating in it :rofl: Gracie is sponsored by Pandora, this show is called Pandora unforgettable holiday moments on ice not Kelloggs on Ice or Ralph Lauren on ice or Puffs on Ice or Judy Blumberg and co on ice :lol::lol:

25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Wow, you took the time to research articles on a team you don't seem to like? :huh:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  26. emka

emka New Member

D-W are not same thing as D-W ubbers ;)

27. E.A. Week

E.A. Week Active Member

Very possible. It's still frustrating to see the attention Gracie gets in general, given she doesn't really have the competitive record IMO to back up the hype. I'd rather not see MC ignored until 2 days before the dance competition in Sochi, then declared losers or chokers if they don't take gold. Just call me a crazy "ubber." :D

28. shan

shan Well-Known Member

These comments don't really support the idea that you like D/W, but you just don't like their fans.

29. E.A. Week

E.A. Week Active Member

I should have added--sponsors might really want to think about who they sign up, and NBC might also want to think about who they hype to hell and back. Wasn't there a US pairs team that Coke sponsored, and they didn't even make the team for the Olympics? LOL, oops! :)

30. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

ITA! And I also don't understand why Gracie gets so much hype in general. She's got amazing potential to be really really good, but I don't think we will see the best she can give until later on in her career, and I think she should be aiming for 2018 olympics in terms of medals. Whereas Ashley gets significantly less promotion than Gracie (although she has been getting a lot more as of late) despite being our best shot at a medal outside of dance, and Meryl and Charlie get almost none despite being our only realistic chance at gold in figure skating! It is very frustrating.