Davis & White #18: I Could've Danced All 1001 Nights

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by TanithandBenFan, Oct 18, 2013.

1. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Finley might be Marina's dog. I'm not sure.

I really like that promo shot too, shsocu!

2. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

Unless Marina got a new dog...Marina has some adorable pets :dog::cat:but none of them look like Finley in this pic from a while ago (in the good old days when Marina and Igor were together). :lol:

I can't believe there are only 74 days left.:eek:

3. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

That's a great promo shot!!

4. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

5. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

6. mia joy

mia joy New Member

What a sweet, heartwarming video, love it!
    And Finley is such a cutie pie!

Re: R/T. It's probably the worst POTO FD I've ever seen. It's completely flat and bland, with no emotion whatsoever, no convincing storytelling or character portrayal, no power that the music requires and a copy of both D/W's AND D/V's FDs (while I can see many similarities to Meryl and Charlie, couldn't help but notice that in the Point of No Return/All I Ask of You part, they placed the lift and the twizzles in exactly the same musical moments as D/V did years ago). Now I know it was two Olympics ago, but come on, people still remember D/V's POTO.

I actually like R/T but this FD is just bad. And such a huge dress similarity is not gonna help them avoid comparisons to D/W either.

7. literaryfreak

Hmm, good point. What is the Shibs' dog's name again? I know I've seen Finley before. I remember a picture with Charlie holding a dog that looked like a stuffed animal at Arctic Edge, in the locker room, one summer. I think that may have been Finley, but I can't find that picture anymore.

There are a lot of Team Canton dogs!

8. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

Meryl and Charlie at least got a mention on the NBC broadcast today. They were the "puffs Olympic moment" and there was a fluff piece on them. Glad to see their existence was acknowledged!

9. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

They said Finley is a puppy, so he probably wasn't alive for that pic, and would definitely fit under "new" dog.

10. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

For some reason I thought Evan Bates had a puppy like Finley

11. literaryfreak

That's it! That must be the puppy from the old photo.

12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

He is adorable! :)

13. mollymgr

Yes, there are quite a few dogs in Canton. The Shibs have Maltese dogs, Lily and Po. :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  14. Jessiebanana

Rink needs a cat. I mean dogs are sort of cute, but cats will amuse you at the end of the day.

15. mia joy

mia joy New Member

^ No way! Cats can be really annoying. Dog are waaaay better! and they get attached to people much more than cats. Actually dogs are kida like one-year-olds - understand you all right, simply not capable of responding verbally ;) Sorry, totally a dog person here :D

16. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:. Sorry. I just love my cat so much, and actually he is very attached to me, although he is quite indifferent towards most of the other family members. He can be a bit annoying sometimes when he wants to eat and/or the food is not to his liking (which is quite often), or if he wants to play when I am not in the mood. But most of the time he is just so affectionate and absolutely endearing and/or truly amusing with his frolicking and other doings. Our other cat who died from old age and health problems at the beginning of this year (it was a she) was very much different - she loved no one in particular, but was quite affectionate towards everyone if only that person cared to caress and fondle her. Then she purred like a tractor :). She was just a bit sly, as she had quite a hard life until she was ten years old. But she was not picky in any way (like my other cat who has been pampered and indulged for all of his life), and she could be really funny too. Obviously, we loved her very much.

Sorry once again. I know that this was totally off-topic, but I just felt like reacting to mia-joy's post.

17. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Meryl is on Charlie's left this time. :lol:

18. CassAgain

CassAgain Active Member

If only there were a thread on this board for discussing cats and dogs. :p

On topic: Meryl and Charlie seem to be clearly in the dog camp of the great dog vs. cat question.

19. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

20. sequins

sequins Active Member

Real nice. :rolleyes: Keep it classy.

21. E.A. Week

E.A. Week Member

Ashley Wagner's kitten playing with her skate laces was too cute. I love tiger cats. My mother has one now that was a stray who adopted the family. She still likes to spend most of her time outside, running around, climbing trees, and killing anything that crosses her path. When she was younger she also used to terrorize my mom's mini-schnauzer. They're both older and more mellow now. :)

I love dogs and cats equally, for very different reasons.

What a great way to pass the time until the GPF. ;)

22. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

Not only that, but they can deal with any mice that get into the building. Rink cat, I think that's the way to go.

23. mollymgr

haha…true! and this was before the latest Q&A with the kids…maybe they knew it was coming :lol:

24. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

25. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

26. Jessiebanana

Both of those vids were posted earlier, so that's why there isn't really a response.

27. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

28. Antiloquy

Antiloquy New Member

Just adding my vote for cats, although I love doggies, too.

I guess no one is perfect after all. :D

29. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

30. Jessiebanana

Is anyone else torn between wanting the comfort of seeing Meryl and Charlie perfect their FD and SD choreography wise before the Olympics and wanting to see that little extra surprise, that little something something they've held back for the last performance? I know their energy will be up and the performance will be magnified, but still.

*I mean something little, like the bells and spiral changes in ND, not anything major to step sequences or lifts that would throw them off.