Davis & White #18: I Could've Danced All 1001 Nights

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by TanithandBenFan, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

And Krylova looked *pissed* -- not at her team, mind you -- more like she saw some sort of invisible writing on an invisible wall :sekret::blocjudge

2. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

I'm finding that these Sochi preview videos are all disorganized on the NBC Olympics site. I'm nervous as to how it is going to look once there is a lot of news coming in. It is making icenetwork look ridiculously neat.:scream:
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/how-lift-lady

3. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

There are some little preview videos like that on my cable On Demand, but none of them are skating-related. And in the Athlete Profiles section, the only skater they have right now is Gracie. :blah:

4. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Just in case you missed the "level one" FS sequence.

http://youtu.be/N8c5Q2dwuxA

I know this is off topic, but I'm just so angry. W/P have worked incredibly hard over the past few years. They deserve a fair shot at a medal. They're not going to get one. It's ridiculous and it's sad. I can't imagine what it feels like to be them. How you wake up and have the motivation to train, knowing what's happening behind the scenes and what it means for you, is beyond me.

They wonder why people flee from skating, this is it.

5. mollymgr

Is that on Comcast?
    I feel like the Vancouver and London sites had a better layout. The videos also seem to be freezing up on this one for me.:mad:

6. Jessiebanana

I don't think they'd have the balls to give M/C a level one, but they might have gotten two level 3s instead of a 3 and 4 and the might have gotten hit harder on the midline.

7. TanithandBenFan

Cox. I'm hoping they add more videos soon. There's one with the athletes dancing and there's about a two-second clip of M&C.

8. Jessiebanana

It was a cute vid though, outside of team tacky. I love Alex, I can just imagine their parents giving him an earful if he actually did drop Maia.

9. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

You know I'm just happy to be a DW uber, ice dance drama is through the roof right now, I'm so hoping DW can stay above it all.

Eta: I mean I just hope they don't get snared in any judging controversy.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  10. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone saw it, but Ekaterina Riazanova's FD costume is an almost exact replica of Meryl's POTO costume.

The FD was also a bad knockoff...:slinkaway

11. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

A bad knockoff of what is probably my least favorite D/W program as well.

Rostelecom Cup sounds like it was...interesting. So, for the GPF we have: D/W, V/M, P/B W/P, B/S, and C/L?

12. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Good grief, they aren't even a patch off DW. Her dress is similar, Meryl didn't have the black accent and her top was better but it was definitely a knock-off.

13. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

I guess I should ask Riazanova at Golden Spin if Davis&White are her favorite team :lol:

14. TanithandBenFan

I saw this photo and it made me think about the discussion people were having here about Charlie needing to look menacing. He's kinda pulling it off here!

mollymgr and (deleted member) like this.
  15. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

And not only that, look at the edge he's on... he's on one foot and he's still upright! :eek: :rollin:

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:lol: You are so right. And I love Meryl's expression too!

So true. :)

17. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Except that dress looks bad on Riaznova. She doesn't have the built Meryl has to pull it off. I'm confused as whether I should laugh or smh at their POTO FD. :rolleyes:

18. Jessiebanana

I'm going to have to disagree. I actually like her dress better. It's prettier and less costumey, but yeah she wasn't subtle with the copy. She also looks nice in it. She has a great body though and could probably wear anything.

I think you guys are being a little mean. I was expecting a hot mess of a program. They skill stated better than B/S, as far as having nice lines. They don't have the intensity of D/W, and that second to last lift was ugly, but other than that it was good. I think D/W would be flattered by the obvious copying. I think if they we're a higher ranked team making their Olympic medal moment with that, it would be different, but they're not.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  19. emka

emka New Member

O so anorexic is the new trend (thrend?)???? Only anorexic can wear this dress :rofl:

20. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

No, only good ice dancers can wear that dress. :D

Gee I wonder which coward is hiding under this pseudo :rofl:

Back to the topic,
    That FD was so slow compared to M/C. If you're going to go dramatic, you need SPEED and POWER!! Gosh that last lift made me cringe.

21. emka

emka New Member

So only anorexic dancers are good dancers, great :rofl:
    Everyone on D-W thread (tread) must lose 30 pounds even if you are not fat we are playing the biggest loser on ice :rofl:

22. Kaffeine

Kaffeine Well-Known Member

As for the dress comparison, I don't see the big deal. It's POTO...so you're going to get a lot of costume similarity.

23. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Or we could gain 30 more pounds and play the biggest loser (with a leg cramp) on ice. :lol:

24. emka

emka New Member

Gain 30 pounds and play biggest loser not make any sense at all it is called the smallest loser :lol:
    Everyone want to lose 30 pounds it is how you can fit in to great POTO FD costume with great build and win medals :lol:

25. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Your reverse psychology failed, and you just repeated your other joke.

You were doing good up until this point.

It's 12:12 am. Why am I still arguing with this troll?

26. emka

emka New Member

Ignore button struggle with the self controls buton :eek:

27. mollymgr

A new classroom Champions video. It was recorded before Skate America. Finley's quite adorable.:lol::dog:

28. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Is Finley Meryl's dog?

29. mollymgr

I don't think it belongs to Meryl. She was researching sheepadoodles earlier this month from her tweets. :)

30. shsocu

shsocu Active Member