Davis & White #17: "They're more than good. They're Gr-r-reat!"

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by TanithandBenFan, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

I feel like it might be too naked combined. The bottom of the other dress was pretty much see through, so it called for a more covered top. The see through bottom + plus the bra top might cause the judges to faint.

2. Jessiebanana

Double Post

3. Kaffeine

Kaffeine Well-Known Member

LOL. I think I need to be more clear.;) I'm thinking basically the 2nd dress in terms of the cut AND color but with bedazzling of the first dress and the headband.

4. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

FD practice video.

Apologies for the video being out of focus at times. They're moving too fast for my camera. :)

5. Kaffeine

I like the new choreographic lift. Much more impact. Twizzles were nicely done, not too far apart from each other at all.

Thank you literaryfreak for posting the video :D

6. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

So true!! Thanks for this, my dear, wish I was there with you! I love the new ending and did anyone else get reminded of their S&D ending, only reversed? I loved that touch...the sultan kneeling in awe of his magnificent bride!

7. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Thank you!

Glad they took out the last lift and replaced it! It goes with the theme better. I wonder if it's possible if Meryl could balance herself with both legs on Charlie's shoulders, instead of the one leg down... but I like it non the least!

I was hoping they would add a more dramatic entrance a (la Notre Dam) before their step sequence at 3:14. Perhaps not with bells, but something of the same sort (Soft/Loud Chimes?). Idk I'm not good at music edits.

After watching the practice vid, I must say, that the new costumes look better than I expected. Charile's costume just has more sparkle than hers lol :p

8. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

Thank you!!! I like love the exit from the twizzles. I see new things every time I watch this FD. And yes, Charlie's costume is quite sparkly. :D

9. literaryfreak

I wish you were here with us too. :)

10. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Gah, they skipped all of my favourite moments! :p

Jeez, these two are twizzle masters. Such perfect unision, they do it as if they were one. So impressive.

The last lift is far more dramatic and I like that. LOVE Charlie's costume, but why am I the only one who twiches at that color mix in their costumes? Those colors do not work well together. I wish they would just decide for one and stick to more or less the same one, like in the previous version of costumes. Or go for a complete contrast. But this dark blue - "eggplant" is not what you wanna see next to each other.

Anyway, thanks so much for the vid, literaryfreak!

Oh, and most of all - have fun, all of you blessed enough to be there!!!

11. Jessiebanana

I wish their ending pose was together. This ending pose feels like so many of their others.

12. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

I was just about to say that. There's nothing wrong with the actual poses, but it would look 10x better if they were closer together.

13. ~tapdancer~

Oh yes, I loved their twizzle exit when I saw it from SLC...literaryfreak had posted some ballet vids and that move was right out of the ballet. Just lovely!

14. ~tapdancer~

Now that you say that, I'm imagining Charlie in the same position but with his hands on Meryl's waist and her facing him, maybe cupping his face. Would be a pretty romantic ending!

15. Kaffeine

Oh I like that. I agree that the ending pose needs to be stronger. At least they're experimenting with it :)

16. mollymgr

I agree. The ending could definitely be better. It needs to be more regal looking and no hands in the air.:lol::glamor: I think both of them should be standing.

17. ~tapdancer~

Now that we're really getting close to the end of this thread, I would like to put my vote in for "I could have danced all 1001 nights"!

18. Jessiebanana

I really like that idea! I could even see his face pressed to her stomach and her gazing down at him.

19. Jessiebanana

I love how much it displays the control they have in them. It's perfect.

20. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:cheer2: :cheer2: Thanks for the video literaryfreak! I love the new lift and can't wait to see the entire program.

21. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Haha! Charlie with his hands on Meryl's waist and Meryl can put one hand/arm around his face and the other arm in the air, looking up. It's hard to find words to use, I'm better at drawing.

Something like this
    http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-283...-and-arm-positions-on-a-white-background.html

Except Meryl would be cupping his face and her arm would be higher up (slightly curved).

22. mollymgr

23. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

24. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

25. Kaffeine

26. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I think this might be their new SD lift. They did it after the FD run-through when they were running parts of the SD. I like it!

27. literaryfreak

28. CassAgain

CassAgain Active Member

TandBFan, you always come through with the best pictures--thank you! Love the pics of practicing the SD in the FD costumes--the facial expressions are cracking me up.

literaryfreak, thank you as well for the video last night. I've watched an embarrassing number of times.

29. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

30. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I love Meryl's new dress. I think she really needed a more vibrant color than the first outing.

The pictures of the rink are cool. Notice how they have window screens blocking views of the rink (top secret.) The parking space is cool.