Davis & White #16: Magical Wizard Hair

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by circuscandy, Mar 15, 2013.

1. volunteer

volunteer Member

Gotta admit those canadian fans are the best! Welcoming to skaters of all nationalities. Unfortunately, some members of fsu are not so welcoming to new Canadian members, right euterpe, you would know about that, now wouldn't you? Like the nice private welcoming you gave me.

2. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

3. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Do you have the link to that?

4. FSfan107

FSfan107 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if video of Meryl and Charlie's Free Dance from British Eurosport has been uploaded on youtube yet? I've looked and haven't found it. I know I heard they were not broadcasting it until yesterday.

I haven't had a chance yet to say:

Congratulations Meryl and Charlie on becoming the 2013 World Champions in ice dance! :respec:

5. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

6. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

The British Eurosport youtube channel I usually go to only started to upload Worlds yesterday-so far ladies SP-

There's a really bad copy of the British Eurosport SD. Commentators are Simon Reed & Chris Howarth.

7. Jessiebanana

8. CassAgain

CassAgain Well-Known Member

9. shan

shan Well-Known Member

10. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Oh my. I just watched their free dance. I thought it was amazing. :swoon: Their win is so well deserved.

11. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Watching all the videos I can find on the free dance, I thought the CBC gang were very gracious in their comments, Tracy seemed particularly enthusiastic. Was nice to hear their comments. The post dance interview was very nice and the crowd applause was great. Admittedly they wanted VM to win but I think they appreciated what M&C put out there and they were warmly received when it was all said and done.

So happy for DW! :cheer2: Onward to Sochi!

12. Jessiebanana

Speaking of the post dance interview, it's sometimes hard to believe Meryl was the shy one. Charlie seems to be so bashful himself. Perhaps they come off as shy compared to V/M though.

13. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

14. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

15. CassAgain

CassAgain Well-Known Member

In a parallel universe--do you think Davis and White won Worlds with Marina's Sinatra program?

16. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

17. DORISPULASKI

Not so nice, also by US figure skating, through their wholly owned subsidiary, Ice Network, per Lynn Rutherford & Amy Rosewater:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130318&content_id=42929536&vkey=ice_news

D&W's win is only in 5th out of 8 highlights at 2013 Worlds

That's why it's a laugh when people suggest that USFSA would bother itself to politick for any of their ice dancers. They could not care less about any of them, and it has pretty much always been that way.

Here's all IN had to say:

IN missed the fact that Meryl & Charlie also set a World record for total score (since the CD was dropped), with a score of 189.56:
    http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/phsdto.htm

Their free dance was within less than 0.5 points of the World Record score they posted at 4CC's this year
    http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/phsdfd.htm

You'd think that would rate better than fifth place in USFSA list of thrills at the World C hampionships.

You'd also think they wouldn't be wishing that V&M placed closer to D&W, their third place Lowlight:

Lowlights
    They also missed the fact that Scott has a minor slip in their midline not touching step sequence, losing the team a level, which further added to D&W's lead; the blame should not fall entirely on Tessa.

Compare that with their giddy celebration of Patrick Chan's SP, their first place thrill:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  18. DORISPULASKI

19. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

I'm scratching my head. The ubers on the V/M thread are talking about the US's 'aggressive PR strategy' that they believe was the reason why D/W won 2013 Worlds. Some are even claiming that the US paid off the judges. Where has anyone seen any aggressive PR campaign on D/W's behalf by anyone, least of all USFS, which hasn't placed much value on ice dancing? Wagner has gotten more PR play than anyone, and that didn't lead to a medal.

Of course from their point of view, it couldn't possibly have been skill and a great performance that made D/W World Champions. Denial is a powerful emotion.

20. Whitneyskates

It's a warped mindset, really. They can't be happy with the result. Only in the V/M fandom can a two twime world champion and olympic champion be considered victims of judging. It's sad when some fans feel the need to cut down other teams just to make their team look better, or buy into paranoia to make them feel better about a loss.I mean, V/M didn't lose anything, they won the silver medal with two great performances.I love D/W dearly, but I think I would have to step away if my uberness started leading me away from reality.

21. mollymgr

22. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

Don't we wish they cared that much about Meryl and Charlie. :lol: I really can't explain how jealous I am of the support the SC dancers have. Kaitlyn and Andrew's story of recovery was a major headline and featured on TV. I can't really imagine the same being done on NBC for Meryl and Charlie. It's a huge shame, because I think D/W are really the most popular athletes in US figure skating right now (seemed that way when I was at Skate America!) but they're treated like a lucky afterthought.

23. euterpe

I actually think next season Weaver/Poje will be the focus of Skate Canada's ice dance PR, since W/P will be Canada's #1 after Sochi.

24. mollymgr

These ubers can say whatever they want. The sky is the limit for them so why even bother reading such garbage. It doesn't mean anything knowing who it is coming from. More pages and pages of blah blah blah.:blah: Quantity over quality for sure.:rofl:

I'm just thrilled I have two programs and an exhibition to watch on repeat until next season. :) This season flew by fast. I hope it slows down a bit next season. I do want to say, I am so glad that they didn't go with Sinatra. :lol:

25. Whitneyskates

:lol: So am I. When I was watching the final flight of dancers, all I could think about was how out of place a Sinatra FD would have looked in that group. I normally love P/B, but their Rolling Stones FD ended up looking like an exhibition rather than a competitive FD, and I'm afraid that's what Sinatra would have looked like, as well. Perhaps they could use whatever Sinatra music they were going to use for a FD as their SD music next season?

26. euterpe

PLEASE---no Sinatra, not for the SD, not even for an exhibition. The thought of it sets my teeth on edge.

27. mollymgr

Noooooooooooooooo, please no!!!! :lol::scream::dog::yikes::eek: I just can't stand listening to Sinatra.
    And I had posted this one eons ago. Nothing from this either.

28. Whitneyskates

OK, I take it back :lol: No Sinatra, ever!! :lol:

29. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

Just watch. It'll be a Sinatra SD. With Sing Sing Sing thrown in just to make sure we all start crying.

I already want to know next season's music and we still have WTT.

30. mollymgr

Hopefully, they go with something very different like they did with Giselle this year. Most teams were announcing the usual polka rhythms. I remember we were still trying to figure out where it was hidden in the ballet and how in the world they were going to use it, when they first announced their music selection. :lol: In the end, it ended up being a Marina masterpiece. :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013