Davis & White #16: Magical Wizard Hair

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by circuscandy, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Jessica

Jessica Active Member

I want to know how to do "The squished aspect ratio." It will make these 10 extra pounds I have go away.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Aww, I loved that little black dress if hers. And Charlie's black shirt with the sleeves up. I definitely vote for the old costumes for this ex, they were more elegant and sexy, thus suited the dance more for me.

3. missysays

missysays Active Member

I like the change up in colors. Charlie- especially- wears a lot of black. It's a default safe color for him. But this brown lightens things up a bit. I also love Meryl in the off-white chiffon dress. It's elegant, romantic, and light. It looks really nice with her dark hair. I think this kind of cream color looks really nice against her skin- makes her skin look even more snowy white.

One critique of mine would be I'd love her hair not in that bun on top of her head. It's a bit too formal for the song. Maybe with the front section of hair partially up and the rest down or in a braid might be nice too.

Regardless, it's so nice to see them relaxing and enjoying their exhibition.

4. mia joy

mia joy New Member

As a person of a snowy white skin myself, I've learned to leave cream colours for when I am tanned. Don't like it on me and unfortunately don't like it on Meryl either.

That's because that bun looked perfect with the old dress :lol: As a whole, they were a total package in those black costumes.

As for Charlie wearing a lot of black - the whole season long I was rooting for him to change the entirely black FD costume to sth more Quasimodo-like than just plain black. I would have loved to see some more color on him in the FD. But in the ex the black was the perfect choice.

5. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

During the intermission in the exhibition, they showed the gold medal winners in each discipline. When they showed D/W's FD, one thing I noticed that was very disturbing was when they took the ice, a number of people got up from their seats and went out the exits. It wasn't just one or two, but 20-30. How incredibly rude!

At US Nationals, ushers would not allow people to enter or leave the arena while skaters were on the ice.

6. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, the crowd was very good considering it wasn't home territory. I was expecting far worse. It helps that they skated both programs brilliantly. They got a very good standing ovation for their FD. :)

7. volunteer

volunteer Member

Maybe they needed a bathroom break, after all it was the intermission.

8. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

I love her black dress *but* I digg their retro vibe. Especially with names like Meryl and Charlie.

OOOooohhhh...they need to do a 1940's theme for their Olympics FD. Marina tell me you see what I see

9. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I think euterpe meant that people left as D/W were about to skate their FD in the actual comp, not when it was replayed.

Thanks for the link to the gala!

euterpe and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Jessiebanana

Yeah...I can't assume they meant any offense. Intermission is when you use the restroom. The World's gala is long.

11. volunteer

volunteer Member

Well then, maybe they just needed a bathroom break :yikes:

12. Jessiebanana

I'd love to see her do an ex with her hair completely down. If it's possible not to completely blind Charlie. I think I've seen them practice with her hair down. Also I wonder if Charlie might think about not cutting his hair for the summer...he needs super hair for the Olympics...that's my rationale.

13. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

I just had Kraft cheese and zinfandel in juicebox form: my D/W victory dinner. Eat it, PJ!

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

:40beers:

15. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

"Fade Into You" is absolutely gorgeous live. :swoon: All deep edges, strong lines and such fluidity. That spiral covers so much ice, when they change edge.

16. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

BourneKraatzfan, my inbox is open now! Sorry about that.

17. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Did you guys notice that in exhibitions, as viewed on line, black outfits are difficult to see? In London, Daisuke's Tango was impossible (he's dressed in black) because of the inadequate lighting? I'm glad Meryl & Charlie changed outfits, because otherwise, I'd never have been able to see them skate!

18. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

I love the new exhibition.:swoon: I love the costumes too. I think they were due for a change and it does look better under the gala lighting. :)

19. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

Can anybody help me with the music from their short dance?
    I know it is from Giselle ballet, but does anybody know from which part or any additional information would be much appreciated.

I am so happy for their performances in fake London :)

20. DORISPULASKI

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  21. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Yes--I'd like to know that too: That is easily one of my favorite moments during this competition---also I don't know a lot about Simon and Chris in the UK but I loved their commentary on this.

22. DORISPULASKI

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Thank Doris. :)

24. euterpe

Yes. D/W skated the FD after V/M and C/L, and before B/S and P/B. The competition wasn't close to being over at that point, and the bronze medal was clearly on the line. Those people were leaving just as D/W took the ice.

25. Jessiebanana

Wow that's petty and stupid. What if they'd miss Davis and White fumble in the twizzles. It's not as if V/M blew the FD. They still had a chance if Davis/White made an error.

26. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

27. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this: I miss Tracy and enjoyed her comments.

28. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

29. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

The blogspot has the CBC coverage of the FD up for download.

30. euterpe

Lol at the Canadian flags being waved at the end of the SD.