Davis & White #16: Magical Wizard Hair

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by circuscandy, Mar 15, 2013.

1. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

Choreographers raining from the sky!

2. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

Does this mean Marina will have little input this year?

3. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Well, she will be scheduling when the choreographers come in so that they don't trip on each other :lol:

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Local Michigan article about their Worlds win: http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2013/04/21/news/local_news/doc517192af7907e887913780.txt

5. missysays

missysays Active Member

I doubt it. Marina would have to be a primary contributor and collaborator for both programs. The dancers will most likely bring ideas about music, concept, upper body shapes, in place moves at beginning or end, and performance. They will have no idea about skating technique and what will earn technical points. Marina would need to set the bones of the program elements and then the dancer/choreographer would fill in with "art."

I think Meryl and Charlie as well as V/M have been smart about using that way of creating programs in the past. Even Weaver and Poje's FD last year had to go about drastic re-work and translation from Allison Holker's original "vision" into an actual workable competitive ice dance program. Their coach was a 50% or even more partner in that process.

But it is super exciting that they're getting all this new input. One of my favorite things about Meryl and Charlie is their love of learning and how they always bring in new "teachers" to learn from. Derek especially is a gifted performer on top of being really great at conceptualizing tv-friendly dances.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  6. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

7. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Me, too! I would love it if they are still around for nationals 2015, its in Greensboro again which means I can likely go again! Course I would LOVE to go to nationals this season because Olympic season is so exciting, but I doubt I will be able to swing that. I'm seriously thinking of Skate America, though. Sigh, always the money issue...maybe I'll buy me some lottery tickets, lol!

I love the feeling I'm getting that they are really ready to go for the gold in Sochi and they are probably training to be the best they can be yet. Course they always do that every season and it amazes me that they continue to top themselves. I'm so excited to know their music and to see what the choreographers have come up with for them!

8. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

If Boston were to land the 2016 worlds, it would be awesome if they were still around to compete in one more home worlds (and win :D).

With all the news about the choreographers they're working, I'm getting really excited for the upcoming season. I wonder when we'll hear news about music?

9. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Same

I was kind of disappointed they opt out of WTT AND The Ice in Japan. But I guess this is way more important.

Good for them for working outside the box once more. But I reallllllllly want to see Deriek's contribution to the SD. He is like on the top of his game in dancing and I truly believe that they can come up with something Ahmaaaazing. I'll stop rambling now.

10. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

11. Michelle24

Michelle24 Member

Looks like Meryl and Charlie will be in the audience tonight at DWTS:

12. CassAgain

CassAgain Well-Known Member

Sure looks like it! Meryl's dress and shoes--omg.

13. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

I know that Maia and Alex have been working with Corky again, and Corky helped teach Derek and Julianne, and that is quite a dynasty of amazing ballroom dancers so I am super excited.

And who knows, we may get Charlie back in white tie next season! :lol:

Clearly I am going to have to watch the show tonight, just in case their faces make an appearance. You never know.

14. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

15. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

:cheer2:

16. Michelle24

Michelle24 Member

And don't forget, Derek said he wants to use something he learned from M/C in an upcoming dance... :)

17. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

18. Whitneyskates

Meryl and Charlie look great, as always, but I gotta say, I love that Dorothy and Kristy decided not to age :glamor:

19. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

THAT'S RIGHT. I forgot. I will definitely be watching tonight.

20. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Tres jealous of Meryl's dress and shoes! Can she take me shopping? :p I like how Charlie's tie changes colors too, first it's purple, then it's blue. :rollin:

21. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

22. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

So, I was thinking about when the Olympic photoshoot would appear for the public, so I went to Getty Images to see when they put up 2010's Olympic shoot. Looks like it appeared before the start of the 09/10 season, so maybe we'll have those photos to look forward to sooner rather than later!

23. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Ahhh, lovely Meryl and Charlie!

The Finnstep looks to me like the ice dance version of the quickstep.

24. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

World's 2014?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  25. lauren329

lauren329 Active Member

Why not Worlds 2016 in Boston?!? We can dream!

26. lauren329

lauren329 Active Member

Why not Worlds 2016 in Boston?!? We can dream!

27. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Looks like 2 of Marina's team will do Ballroom dancing. My money is on a tango for D/W and Romeo and Juliette for the Canadians.

28. Whitneyskates

Doubtful. They already did a tango. The SD is the Quickstep, so I'm guessing that's why they're working with ballroom dancers.

29. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Whitneyskates already said it. The SD for next season is Quickstep/Finnstep + Foxtrot, Charleston or Swing as the possible other rhythms (two of them can be included). So, that explains those ballroom choreographers/dancers. And, just as Meryl and Charlie have already done tango, Tessa and Scott have already done the Romeo and Juliette theme in their 2009/2010 'Mahler' FD. And they have specifically said that they are not going to do 'Mahler' 2.

30. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013