Davis & White #16: Magical Wizard Hair

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by circuscandy, Mar 15, 2013.

1. iamawake2

iamawake2 Member

i live in Seattle and I would love to find a similar hair attachment like what Meryl used. I would be very happy for my thinning hair!

2. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

D/W look like they are attacking and going out there to win, every time. Since the surgery, it does not appear as if V/M have gotten back their joie de vivre. They almost look scared when they take the ice, when D/W look exceptionally confident (minus Scott's "roar".) NOT THAT I AM BLAMING V/M for the surgery; it's something they can't help. (If I don't type this out the V/M fans will run with it - "The D/W ubers are blaming them!!!" even though I'm not an uber, I'm just a fan and not blaming anyone.)

Other than the different types of dance - sharp vs. soft - I have yet to see a critique of actual skating technique. If technique means that Scott's legs are touching while Charlie's are separated, is that truly something that causes points to go down? If so, there's no reason why D/W should be winning. Apparently, the details like leg position during twizzles is a matter of preference, not something that is judged. In the USFSA MIF tests, there is often language about "skater is given complete freedom with respect to leg and arm positions." I believe that if these positions were judged in IJS scoring, that the MIF tests would specify a certain position.

There are criticisms that D/W skate on "two feet" but V/M are always perfectly perched on one foot (harder). Ok, but there were multiple times during Carmen that V/M skated on two feet, so I don't know where this is even coming from. There are criticisms that D/W don't flow out of their twizzles, yet D/W's flow looked great. So did V/M's, but Tessa clunked down at the exit of their last Carmen twizzle. There are criticisms that D/W stole their lift from Belbin & Agosto, which is funny because even if it's the same lift, D/W's is so much better. If anything, B/A's split was more vertical where D/W's split is completely horizontal, so I wouldn't even call it the same lift. Ice coverage: at world's D/W had great ice coverage, and they covered almost the entire rink with their front-to-back spirals, while power pulling. I'm not saying that D/W are perfect by any means! But there seems to be some highly selective criticism going on.

I believe now that the old saying that "V/M can skate to obscure music but D/W have to use popular music" has been thoroughly debunked, there are just lies being made up about "flow" and such.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  3. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

V/M skated their final Carmen very well, with no visible errors, but they were just a trifle slower and more careful than in their previous performances. I do think that was not only to avoid missteps, but also to protect Tessa from cramping. The end result was a great technical performance but it lacked the tension and explosiveness of earlier efforts. Still, well done.

4. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

Daily Dose of DJ™

"CharlieaWhite Sometimes she's just like "dude- what's it all about?" http://t.co/pQygk7cmcu"

5. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

If I was Tanith I'd be terrified to ever break up with Charlie. I feel like he and Meryl would dognap DJ...or in the very least file some sort of custody suit.

6. Piper

Piper Member

7. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

This is my favorite alliteration! That definitely needed to be trademarked.:lol:

8. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

Does anyone know if Meryl and Charlie are going to be at any of the stops for CSOI?

9. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

10. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

I would expect Kaetlyn Osmond to be added to some of the Canadian cities out west but the CSOI site hasn't announced any guest skaters yet. Here's the CSOI thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?85972-Canadian-Stars-on-Ice-2013

ETA that Fernandez & Osmond were announced as guest stars today: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-on-Ice-2013&p=3890843&viewfull=1#post3890843

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  11. Kaffeine

Kaffeine Well-Known Member

This. :)

12. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

13. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Thanks, Maofan, I hadn't read that one.

14. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

I don't have any news to share..I just don't want to see this thread on the second page. :D :p

tinypawsxxoo likes this.
  15. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Oh that's funny! :lol: yeah I hate the off season.

16. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

I had a dream the other night that a two minute video of Meryl and Charlie's new SD leaked, but it was all floor choreography and the music was Glenn Miller's In the Mood.

17. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Well Zuvea just put together a FD to that music for the Shibs last season, so I'd say that's a high possibility your dream will come true. :lol:

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Please no... :scream:

19. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

20. DORISPULASKI

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  21. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

22. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Aww that's adorable! :)

23. Kaffeine

Kaffeine Well-Known Member

24. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

25. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

27. DORISPULASKI

Indeed :cheer:

Did Meryl & Charlie give any public info about why they are skipping WTT?

28. wit's end

wit's end New Member

I haven't seen anything and I've checked all of the normal sites and sources. After the intensity of following them all season, the ending was too abrupt for me. I'll have to depend on videos of past performances whenever I need a D&W fix.

29. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

30. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I don't blame them. I'm sure the prospect of beginning to work on next year's material is much more appealing than training this year's programs for an extra month.

Was the WTT a month after Worlds last season? If so, the time went by much faster. This year it seems like Worlds was eons ago. :)

ETA: Last season, the 2 events were 3 weeks apart.