Davis & White #16: Magical Wizard Hair

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by circuscandy, Mar 15, 2013.

1. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I would love a Sorcerer's Apprentice FD! I think it would absolutely suit their personalities.

I'm also thinking Mozart could be a good choice. Is anyone else familiar with his Jupiter symphony? It's been awhile since I listened to it but I remember thinking it could potentially do well as a FD piece.

2. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

We've suggested Sorcerer's Apprentice for a while now. I don't think it's going to happen but I sure would love to see them skating to it. John Z was fabulous as the Sorcerer and I think Charlie would be great, too, with his power and speed. I. And I picture Meryl not as a helpless maiden but an apprentice Sorceress who wins over Charlie in the end. Ah well, a girl can dream!

3. jobelle

jobelle Member

What about something from one of the soundtracks from the film noir movies from hollywood in the fifties ... Something from Laura or maybe a Bogart film?
    It is certainly not something done very often and it could be classic and glamorous Hollywood without being too much of a sugary musical production.

4. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

That could be interesting. I've alwaway thought that Meryl has a very old school/feme fatale look about her.

Also. if anyone has instagram, Charlie now has one!

5. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I'm really sad to see any part of this thread turn into a discussion of what D&W fans think of the V&M thread. Breaking down the competition is one thing, although there's no real reason for that not to be in the competition thread. But talking about the fans of another team in the thread dedicated to Meryl and Charlie is IMHO kind of ridiculous.

For one thing, it's not like V&M fans can't read what you say. They aren't locked into the V&M thread or anything. For another, it's awfully ironic to come in here and insist that "we" are classier/saner/more reasonable than "they" are when people are in here talking about it. I really wish that everyone would just take the high road here. It makes me kind of embarrassed to post here when people do that. If the V&M thread bothers you, don't read it! That's why these threads exist! If you like V&M but don't feel comfortable in the V&M thread, the competition threads and the rest of the board haven't ceased to exist.

There's no point in going into the V&M thread to try to change their minds about Meryl and Charlie just like there is no point in anyone coming in here to "defend" V&M. I'm not a mod and I can't make anyone do anything but I do feel the need to express my disappointment at that line of conversation. Our team won, they have the gold medal, they are world champions. Who cares what anyone says about them?

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Well we've moved on but I think some things needed to be said. Sorry for your disappointment, tgirl.

7. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

It was just announced that Skate America will be held in Detroit! Meryl and Charlie must be so excited to compete in their home town.

8. Sk8fun

Sk8fun Active Member

I am so excited that Skate America is so close to my home. I'm even more excited that Meryl and Charlie will debut their Olympic programs in their hometown. Hopefully it'll be a great start to a wonderful season for them! :cheer2:

9. CassAgain

CassAgain Active Member

I'm so excited for them! And half the skaters (well at least half the dance teams) won't even have to travel.

10. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

We should get a great selection of dancers! Everyone will want to start there ;)

These days, who doesn't train or do choreo part of the time wih either Igor, Krylova, or Zoueva?

11. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Thank you Sylvia for the link! Florent looks so short next to Charlie lol.

12. DORISPULASKI

IN's World coverage is up-and 9 minuts of award ceremony is included.

13. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

14. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

Thank you!

ahaha I wonder what Scott was saying to Charlie on the podium at about eleven minutes in. That was a cute moment.

15. Piper

Piper Member

16. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Can I just say mad props to the choir! That was a beautiful rendition of our anthem, a lot less harsh than the instrumental. Also, were they prepared to sing anthems from other nations besides Can/US, cause if so hats off to them.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  17. Piper

Piper Member

Of course, only holding texts. They were singing Russian anthem almost without accent, that's for sure.

18. DORISPULASKI

The whole sung anthem thing reminds me of the late, great Roger Doucet, who used to sing the Canadian national anthem, O Canada, partly in French & partly in English, for Montreal Canadian hockey games. He also sang the American national anthem. And in the Canada Cup hockey series, he sang the Soviet anthem & all the other teams' anthems-in fact, he was instrumental in getting words rewritten for the Soviet anthem.

http://www.greatesthockeylegends.com/2010/04/how-roger-doucet-wrote-soviet-national.html

This singing of anthems for other countires is quite the Canadian tradition, one that I think may have begun with Roger Doucet.

When the Summer Olympics were held in Montreal, Doucet learned all the countries' anthems, and sang them, in the medal ceremonies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Doucet

He then made an album of 24 national anthems
    http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Glory-R...8&qid=1364296988&sr=1-1&keywords=roger doucet

Glad to see the choir at London, ONT carrying on :)

19. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

20. DORISPULASKI

Very nice essay by Charlie :) And great pictures.

21. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info DORISPULASKI. I didn't know it was a tradition. It's certainly a lovely one.

22. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

23. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Thanks for the link TanithandBenFan

I have a feeling we're going to be waiting a very long time until they announce their music.

Oh and I also hope they attend The Ice this year :D

24. shan

shan Well-Known Member

The blogs are great!! This has been such an amazing year for Meryl and Charlie, and I'm glad they seem to be enjoying every second of it. :)

25. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

26. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

27. TanithandBenFan

28. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Oops! Thanks, I've fixed it.

I'm surprised the dude who was all "This is not your seat, sweetheart" didn't get on video. :rolleyes:

29. TanithandBenFan

I know, I was waiting for that to show up on there. He was so rude. I've never seen more commotion about seats for a medal ceremony before.

30. DORISPULASKI

Speaking of the award ceremony, I just watched it on IN. That was an odd bit when Sherry Johnston, the wife of the Governor General of Canada, attempted to give the flowers to Tessa first rather than to Meryl. It wasn't like dance was the first award ceremony after all; men's & pairs were the previous day.

I really enjoyed watching Bobrova being so obviously happy, she was such a joy!